Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

Yes indeed those who have noticed performance with grass will determinately notice a change/boost/smoothness. This now looks the same and is flexible for lower systems. I simply loaded a basic mission that I had running before and just walking around the same places the FPS is back to playable like other maps and very nice indeed, great work.

Proving there were issues and making an update would not kill eye candy in favor of "those lower spec" types.

Everything is fixable. Great work :)

One thing though, what can I tweak so its not the default loaded island on the menu screen?

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks for the update! Improved my performance and FPS. Great island.

Haha I just downloaded this 3 days ago, now I gotta do it all over again!

Small price to pay for such an excellent island. Thank you Sumrak!

I'm glad, that this patch helped :) Thanks for the links guys ;)

Sumrak

namalsk can deal with "brotherhood of steel" from fallout3!AHAHAHAHAHAH

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I am serious...

Sumrak, awesome work. I have just one problem. I get the following error when connecting to my server that uses signed addons:

Wrong signature for file ....\addons\ns_patch.pbo

I redownloaded the patch file but still get the error. Looks like the sig file is broken.

Hi, couple of small things; not sure if u have fixed in this version already! (but am writing it down before i forget)

-Helipad at base on Snow mountain, objects fell through it. Had to use setpos, & Heli was bouncing on pad.

-At area named "All", vehicles fell through, when ever i used setpos my units were on a 30 degree angle. (leaning backwards looking upward)

-And this didnt cause any probs, but vehicles driven by AI were just off to the right of the road.

Anyways as i said before top map. i will DL the patch and mission up ;)

Preacher;1473722']Sumrak' date=' awesome work. I have just one problem. I get the following error when connecting to my server that uses signed addons:

I redownloaded the patch file but still get the error. Looks like the sig file is broken.[/quote']

Do you really update Namalsk on server and on your pc?

The only one possible reason for this is, that server don't have updated version of Namalsk. I'm trying to prevent cheat, because then some users have a older version and some new.. clutter must by synchronized i think, and i'm not sure, how can clutter synchronize works, if someone and server has clutterGrid = 1 and someeone with patch clutterGrid = 1.35..

Hi, couple of small things; not sure if u have fixed in this version already! (but am writing it down before i forget)

-Helipad at base on Snow mountain, objects fell through it. Had to use setpos, & Heli was bouncing on pad.

Try to set height of helicopter "+2.05", it works for me.. Kamov and Hind was fine, only by Kamov i detected some jumping after start :D (Hind was fine also after start of engine) i think, it needs to try setuping height, I'm not sure, if i can fix this in model. :(

-At area named "All", vehicles fell through, when ever i used setpos my units were on a 30 degree angle. (leaning backwards looking upward)

I know, this is problem of object AII, the terrain there is fully maked with objects, i think, it never be a really normal terrain.. maybe you can try start engine of vehicle (or some move) i think, then vecihle can fit to the new ground.. Vehicles are fit with original ground, and original ground is under AII object very big hole :D

-And this didnt cause any probs, but vehicles driven by AI were just off to the right of the road.

Where you have this problem?

Hi Love the map but i can not get it to load any of the missions on a deadicated server any ideas ?

Ethne: "I never had any problems before but thanks"

Rig #1

Thermaltake Kandalf Extreme

i7 975 @ Stock

Corsair H50 Cooler

EVGA Classified

12 Gigs Mushkin 12800 DDR3

Plextor PX-B310SA Blu Ray Writer

2 x Intel X-25M(G2) 160 GB SSD

2 x WD 1 TB "Black"

3 x BFG GTX 280 (Factory OC)

2 x NEC 2690WUXi Monitor

Auzentech Forte

Razer Mako speakers

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

BFG Ex-1200 PSU

X-52 Pro

Track IR 5

Logitech G9, G13, G19, G25

Windows 7 64 (7600 Retail)

Rig #2

Thermaltake Armor

i7 940 @ 3.5 Ghz

Corsair H50 Cooler

Gigabyte EX58-Extreme

8 Gigs Corsair DD3 12800 DDR3

LG BH08-LS20 Blu Ray Writer

Corsair X256 256GB Indilinx SSD

2 x WD 2 TB "Black"

2 x XFX 5870

Samsung 240HD 24" Monitor

Auzentech Hometheatre X-Fi

Logitech Z-2300 Speakers

Ultrasone HFI-780 Headphones

Antec Truepower Quattro 1000 PSU

Logitech G5, G15(v2)

Windows 7 64 (7600 Retail)

LOL! Care to share some HW with poor me? :D

Great rigs man. Im jealous...

Ok after playing this map I noticed some strange distance drawing of triangular poly's for the mountains when far away. Draw distance is 3000 here if I take 2 steps forward the left mountain side will popin (part of the triangle).. and the same for the rest.

Wasnt sure what was causing this?

I have no issues on any other maps, and never have, don't get overheating or anything like this anyplace else .. my specs are in the sig. Sorry if this is repeated, and this is the latest version of the map. BTW the mountain draws fine once I get near to them or are on them.

(sorry if this is already known and reported, but I only just realised)

Have a look:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7468/arma22009103011590857.jpg

Edited by mrcash2009

Ok after playing this map I noticed some strange distance drawing of triangular poly's for the mountains when far away. Draw distance is 3000 here if I take 2 steps forward the left mountain side will popin (part of the triangle).. and the same for the rest.

Wasnt sure what was causing this?

I have no issues on any other maps, and never have, don't get overheating or anything like this anyplace else .. my specs are in the sig. Sorry if this is repeated, and this is the latest version of the map. BTW the mountain draws fine once I get near to them or are on them.

(sorry if this is already known and reported, but I only just realised)

Have a look:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7468/arma22009103011590857.jpg

I wrote this in description of lastest patch, i know, how to fix it, but, on Namalsk i can't fix with that way.. :(

The only chance is wait for patches, but, there is easy solution, try to increase you terrain detail and everything will be ok.. (works well for me :D)

turn shadows off and you wont notice it :P

I noticed some strange distance drawing of triangular poly's for the mountains when far away

It seems to be fixed with the latest betapatch... try it... i have the problem, too... with the standard patch 1.04...

but now...

17a1ff-4.jpg

Anyone else noticed that shadow problems ?

I have this problem too, seems to be problem in shadow lod of this building, but, it is model made by BI, i can't do anything with this. ;)

It seems to be fixed with the latest betapatch... try it... i have the problem, too... with the standard patch 1.04...

but now...

You are lucky, i have this problem still on low details of terrain, but, as i said, on normal detail of terrain it is fine (for me) :)

how to install the patch?

Installation:

Extract files (namalsk.pbo, namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign, ns_patch.pbo, ns_patch.pbo.NST.bisign) into Nightstalkers\Addons\ folder or just into folder, where are pbos of Namalsk v1.0 located.

;)

Nice work! Every time I play this island it remembers me of Half-Life 2 and I think I'll encounter some Combine Forces in the cities...

Just some feedback:

- at A1 area, if you try walking on the "alien thing" you fall through the object;

- traveling around with a motorcycle, man, it's really cool! Once my motorcycle reached 110km/h and I got killed after losing control!

About the "Find snowmens on Namalsk" event, is it over?

Nice work! Every time I play this island it remembers me of Half-Life 2 and I think I'll encounter some Combine Forces in the cities...

Just some feedback:

- at A1 area, if you try walking on the "alien thing" you fall through the object;

- traveling around with a motorcycle, man, it's really cool! Once my motorcycle reached 110km/h and I got killed after losing control!

About the "Find snowmens on Namalsk" event, is it over?

:) yes, that alien object is still in development ;)

And "Find snowmens on Namalsk" event is still active, there are 2 chances (1 is already taken) to got reward ;)

what is the Bat file for and where should it go if running MOD folder system ?