Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

I still didnt find underground lab... Argh you hide it well my friend lol.

:D here picture (from armaholic) http://i34.tinypic.com/25tajqc.png, in this object is at center building and in this building is ladder into underground :)

EDIT: You can also watch my video about underground -

Edited by Sumrak

The underground area is a great feature on this map.

And I enjoy the inscription on billboard inscription in front of the unfinished tunnel.

I hope there will be more more ways to go in the underground labyrinth ...

Superb job, man !

The underground area is a great feature on this map.

And I enjoy the inscription on billboard inscription in front of the unfinished tunnel.

I hope there will be more more ways to go in the underground labyrinth ...

Superb job, man !

Thanks :) maybe, if i make another hole into underground, but, my first task is create underground more darkness than now :D

might be a dumb question, but in the co-op mission, how can i make the respawn less than 229 seconds!?

This is based on this line in mission description.ext:

respawndelay=300;

i like your message in tunnel thats have closed sign{if you want more wait for night stalker} LOL

You know, i have a good mini-campaign coming on, and i feel it will be AWESOME!

update when i can

Today play Domination map!:p in this island! super! THX for good work!:)

Huh, if i understand well (my english is not good) :D That grass model is made by me. There is only this - all grass models using texture by SenChi, that's all. I add this point to ToDo list and i fix it :) it is not easy search nice texture for this type of bush :rolleyes:

ok mate, i beleive you when you say you made the model, but the texture is a slightly altered version of 'mb_clutterGrass_CA.paa' from this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4932

ah well, theres not alot i can do about it if senchi wants to take credit for my work, at the end of the day i guess i should be glad you guys are making use of it, but then again, a bit of recognition would be nice.

ok mate, i beleive you when you say you made the model,

my first bush model :D i can show you, if u want ;)

but the texture is a slightly altered version of 'mb_clutterGrass_CA.paa' from this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4932

ah well, theres not alot i can do about it if senchi wants to take credit for my work, at the end of the day i guess i should be glad you guys are making use of it, but then again, a bit of recognition would be nice.

Ah, i completely understand now, sorry, i don't know this, i saw this texture on SenChi's island Klurs and i asked him to use.. he don't tell me, who is author, i thought, that texture is by him.. i rewrite author in credits ;)

Sumrak

Thanks Sumrak, you should still thank Senchi for the edit of the texture though :)

Dear Sumrak

I had the chance to explore your Island a bit more now. It is an outstanding work. I love the atmosphere . . . it is simply great. Have set up more or less a dozen missions now, all basic stuff and still in their "baby shoes" but they have all a great atmosphere.

I couldn't find any flaws or issue for the time being. Steady framerate comparing to Chernarus.

One question the Ai point marked on the map on the mountain. I always die when coming close to the "structure" . . . seems I'm falling in a hole. Is that suppose to be?

Anyway wish you all the best and keep this fantastic work up.

thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the community.

Kind regards

nettrucker:D

I played a russian Coop on this map, it was pretty cool, had no idea what they were saying tho cause it was all in russian lol

I think this is one of the best looking islands ever on BIS game. Superb detail and realistic looking grass. Forests looks very much like here in Finland late autumn. :)

Though Chernarus is occasionally heavy on my rig so this is like 2 times that. So my rig is pretty much in it knees. ;)

Hopefully someone make some good SP mission for this island.

Edited by Potatomasher

Let's get one thing straight: I really admire you for the island, its very good, true quality, very aswomse grass, but: the ground texture in the distance looks awfully low res. Could you update that? That is like the last piece of accomplishement before getting the crown. :)

Anyway, big thanks for the island! :D

the ground texture in the distance looks awfully low res. Could you update that? That is like the last piece of accomplishement before getting the crown. :)

Anyway, big thanks for the island! :D

Agree. That's why i used lot's of fog in my mission. It will hide it nicely. Otherwise this island truely is superb.

Also main menu song is awesome.

Edited by Potatomasher

Namalsk, version 1.01

Changelog and details:

* Fixed

- tweaked positions of some objects (based on screenshots of some little position bugs)

- clutter performance issues (increased clutterGrid, ArmA II now render less count of clutter on Namalsk)

- and maybe more :rolleyes:

* Added

- proper railroad crossing

- more entrances into Vorkuta town

- and maybe more :rolleyes: :D

Be aware, i can't fix terrain grid issue (on low terrain detail you see some empty triangles), it is ArmA II bug (i can do nothing for this for now), i hope, some ArmA II patch can in future fix this.

Be aware also, that Namalsk (namalsk.pbo) is in version 1.01, not objects (models), which Namalsk using.

These models are still in development progress - final version will be avaible in February 2010.

So ..this is patch for namalsk.pbo, that mean, that models are still same version (reason - size of pbo's ns.pbo and ns2.pbo).

Please, update your Namalsk asap, i think, this is a big advance in performance on Namalsk.

You can easilly update Namalsk, missions made on this island will be still fine.

List of files:

namalsk.pbo

namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_patch.pbo

ns_patch.pbo.NST.bisign

Namalsk_v1.01_readme.txt

Installation:

Extract files (namalsk.pbo, namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign, ns_patch.pbo, ns_patch.pbo.NST.bisign) into Nightstalkers\Addons\ folder or just into the Addons folder, where is Namalsk located.

Download:

ArmedAssault.info

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=3256

Armaholic.com

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8042

SWDepot

http://www.swdepot.co.uk/download.php?view.120

nightstalkers.cz FTP, 7z archive, 10MB

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/down/index.php?soubor=namalsk_v11

Edited by Sumrak

i never had problems with the old one, but i never did any big battles. still welcome improvements a2 needs all the performance tweaks it can get.

btw thank you for the amazing island!

all i can say is wow.

massive increase for me, i can finally enjoy this beautiful map!!!!

big fps boost, no need to turn off the grass, i now have a smooth and stable frame rate.

great job, thnx :D

Thanks Sumrak!! :)

EDIT: Nvm

EDIT2: Damn! Looks exactlly the same (awesome grass) but is MUCH easier on performance! Your the man Sumrak! Great work. ;)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Never had any problems either but thanks for optimizing.

One of the best Islands ever :)

Eth