Sign in to follow this  
cm

@BIS, Has the new beta process helped at all?

Just wondering if releasing the betas to the public has made anything more efficient?

Is it easier to find/track/trace bugs now? Is it easier to see what kind of impact the changes have?

Are you able to experiment more?

and of course, is it saving any time?

I suppose the only people who can really answer this are ohara, maruk etc.

Just wondering really, please don't lock :pet5:

(Don't wanna disturb!! But I regarded the release of betas first of all as service to the community - to get fixes this way far earlier, long before an official patch. And I am thankful for this!)

I think it helps them quite a bit to find failures in the fixes they make.

But since we get zero feedback on the bugs we report here, its not verry encouraging to report the bugs here in detail, making it way less efficient as it could have been.

Mmm ..... I think it's very, very time consuming to give "feedback".

Every kind of feedback, the shorter it is the more, don't you think will lead to a broad discussion?

I mean any other feedback apart from "done!"

I think the betas are mostly for BIS to make sure their latest changes to the engine generally work and that there are no major regressions.

After all, people mostly complain when there's something wrong, so if a change implemented by BIS causes a major problem or something doesn't work as advertised, people will probably write about it in the beta feedback forums. That way BIS can react to the problem quickly, which reduces the likelihood of major problems being introduced in a main patch.

On the other hand, if they include a new feature and no one writes about it (for example the recent bugfixes to AI gunners), they probably assume that the feature works fine and move on to the next issue.

Not to mention they were a handy bit of community-cake to keep people interested. I wonder if it will continue at the same weekly pace now that Opf2 has actually been released.

-K

Have you guys played it? It sucks ass, and this is coming from someone who thought it would be awesome. Go on the Codemasters forum and see all the people who hate it, ArmA 2 is better by far but still needs improvement.

Dragon Rising's online it terrible. I'll compare it with the old Land of the Dead game since neither of them have any form of online protection so pirates can play with no trouble...and it's truly pathetic that a shitty budget title like Land of the Dead had multiplayer that worked better and had more players than Dragon Rising.

Edited by randir14

gone3d

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

randir14

What has your post to do with the thread? Exactly nothing. Please post your comments about DR either in the DR thread here or at the CM forums.

I think it helps them quite a bit to find failures in the fixes they make.

But since we get zero feedback on the bugs we report here, its not verry encouraging to report the bugs here in detail, making it way less efficient as it could have been.

Some feedback would be really nice!

Till today I read-only sometimes, here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84347

@Wolle or someone else official:

Giving us some feedback sometimes in that Thread gives us the feeling that we do not post and nobody read it.

Please answer me if you guys(developer) read there. :)

(An Wolle nochmal in Deutsch....bitte gib mal feedback. Es gibt einen echt das Gefühl das man umsonst posted, weil ja eh keiner mitliest, von Euch. Wenigstens zu dem ein oder anderen Punkt könnte man mal was sagen. Oder wenigstens noch sowas wie "Wir lesen mit und versuchen Eure Vorschläge/Fehlermeldungen zu berücksichtigen" oder sowas in der Richtung...egal, Hauptsache man fühlt sich nicht alleine gelassen.)

your posts are read... what else You need to know :)

and ofcourse yes the public beta process is helping