Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Anger

Team vs Team Multi-Gametype Mission Pack

screen2_400x379.jpg

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.02 (AS OF 09/08/09)

This mission pack is an effort to put out a series of mission designs in various gametypes for the community. Each gametype is explained below. Each mission is consistent to bring similar gameplay in different environments. These currently exist for download in my personal download section and in the near future they will be made available at Armaholic.

MISSION TITLES INCLUDED IN EACH GAMETYPE ARE

• DEPOT STATION
  • GHOST TOWN
  • TOWN BEACH
  • URBAN RESISTANCE

DOWNLOADS

Armaholic mirror:

- URC mission pack TDM-16

- URC mission pack CTF-16

- URC mission pack DM-16

- URC mission pack TKOTH-16

- URC mission pack Seige-16

Armed Assault Info mirror

- URC mission pack DM-16

URC Site mirror

- URC mission pack DM-16

Author: Tom Anger [uRC]FATMAN

Installation:

Extract the pbo files to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.

Required Addons:

none

Change log:

v1.02

• Fixed the Time Of Day Bug
  • Added Space Bar capability to quickly switch to Grenades
  • Modified loading verbage to be more player friendly

v1.01

• Uses PVP Script Pack v2.08 by [sBS]mac tracking forum: BI Forums
  • 8 vs 8 player slots with 3 spectator slots to be used for admins or referees in scrimmages/matches.
  • Minefields (indicated by signs) border the fight area to focus the battle in a zone fit for 8 vs 8 gameplay
  • Round timer will not start until at least 2 players are in the session. So if 1 player is in the game this gives them time to roam around and review the map until others join in.
  • Player spawns are protected by a sign barrier, so if your opponent crosses the line they will perish. All player slots spawn in the same location each time they die to allow them to get back on track quickly.
  • Character Classes and Weapon Loadouts are the same for both teams with weapon crates available to customize your kit. If you die, you keep your customized weapon loadout when you respawn.
  • On-screen scoring hud and timer so that you can see the status of the game as it plays out.

Credits & Thanks:

Gameplay scripts by [sBS]mac

SEIGE

Sit back, relax, and gather the community for some nicely designed layouts in "SEIGE". Seige is a slow paced tactical version of Attack & Defend with NO RESPAWNS. The mission is simple - BLUFOR must capture a small SEIGE AREA and OPFOR must defend it. NO RESPAWNS so if you die you are automatically out of the round, but not out of the game. You will be placed in spectator mode to watch your teammates fight until the end. If all of 1 team is dead the mission will end with the surviving team being victorious.

TEAM KING OF THE HILL

Sit back, relax, and gather the community for some nicely designed layouts in "TEAM KING OF THE HILL". See how well you and your team can endure a battle against your opposing team in a fight to control 1 Zone. To score points you must exist in the zone and you must own it. Majority rules so make sure you have more team members in the zone than your opponent. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.

CAPTURE THE FLAG

Sit back, relax, and gather the community for some nicely designed layouts in "CAPTURE THE FLAG". To score points you must take your opponent's flag back to your flag for points. The team who reaches the point threshold or has the most points when time expires wins the round. This style of play entertains tactics you see in Team Death Match and Attack & Defend in one.

DEATH MATCH

Sit back, relax, and gather the community for some nicely designed layouts in "DEATH MATCH". See how well you can compete against other players in an all out firefight.

TEAM DEATH MATCH

Sit back, relax, and gather the community for some nicely designed layouts in "TEAM DEATH MATCH". See how well you and your team can endure a battle against your opposing team in an all out firefight.

Edited by Tom_Anger
Spelling Corrections

Thanks - just added the armaholic mirror download links.

The idea behind these is to hopefully bring some groups together for some real fun sessions. Each mission has realistic design and cover spots. With the right group you can have an awesome night of competition. It would be nice if there were some groups who scouted clans or servers looking to throw together some on the fly scrimmages. I'd surely be up for it no matter what the gametype.

In a future update I will be adding in Last Man Standing for TDM and DM to bring the element of limitted or no respawns and the last man standing in the session wins. I think the spectator script is a great feature so that dead players still get to see how the short rounds unfold.

Edited by Tom_Anger

Awesome mate - really looking forward to playing the siege maps. :)

I'll be admining the Urban Resistance PVP/TVT server over the next 2 hours or so in case folks decide to join in. I'l be more than happy to pull up any of the missions :-)

If anyone finds that these are defaulting as night time missions please let me know. I went on the Warzone server and found that Depot Station was at night. I know there are parameters to change the time of day, but I want to make sure this isn't a overlooked design setting. I tested this out on our server and did not find an issue, but I want to make certain that these are ok for the community. I have no problem removing the time of day options to force day time into them so feedback on that is appreciated.

Also with feedback on these I will design some similar gametypes on the castle location, a docks mission, and some others. Same gameplays, different locations, nice designs. Thanks again to those who are hosting these.

Thanks - I updated the main post with the individual links. When I work on more layout designs or updates to the existing ones I will try to look you folks up so that we can keep the same links, but with fresh files. Thanks again.

Tom Anger thanks for sharing!

Does URC have common public playing days?

On a simple Yes/No question I have to appologize on this full course meal I am about to give you, lol.

Answer - Not really. Our group is very laxed on gaming days. We have members that will play every day, but you'll find a couple members here and there on our servers or in others depending on the games being played. Our members are made up of about 50% UK and 50% USA. and it's a slow pace for us. I am in USA, Massachusetts, but I work 3rd shift which allows me to be on at various times, lol.

I am one of those ArmA gamers who am addicted to the PVP/TVT sessions, but more on the level with short rounds producing good results in a reasonable amount of time. Some days I may have a large window to game, but mostly I may only have 20-40 minutes here and there to game so I may want to get on and enjoy a couple of games with folks where I can get some end results. Hard to get that in ARMA, but hopefully with these missions and more to come we can accomplish that. It is sad that we have to pull teeth many times to get something going in these games.

I understand ARMA is an army sim, but in all honesty my preference is to play ARMA in gametypes TDM, TKOTH, SEIGE, DM, CTF, and others way way more than coop, Warfare, Devesation, etc. I've been nickling and diming some nicely detailed Advance & Secure missions, but the base designs are taking a while so that's not even worth a mention at this time, lol. Coolbox has helped me on the scripts.

Other than Seige (15 minute rounds), the other missions I made are 30 minutes by default, but the parameters allow these to be changed. With Seige you can actually get 6 rounds done in like 30 or so minutes if you are good enough and can eliminate an entire side quickly.

Also - a little history on me. I've played the CODs, HL2: Insurgency, FRONTLINES Fuel Of War, Joint Operations Typhoon Rising, Americas Army, Delta Force Extreme, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and very many more on a consistent level. I believe they are all very good games, but some last a short while for many because the maps get stale. I've made probably 40 maps in those games (not for each game, but if added up, lol. google "Tom Anger"+"Maps"). Most of those games there were always requests on restricting weapons, allowing vehicles, more maps, and the like.

This is why I like the ArmA mission maker. This current mission pack of 4 designs in various gametypes may be just the beginning to the big picture that many can hopefully build on. Designs like my own stacked containers, barbed wire stuck on top of medium sandbags, camo nets over vehicles surrounded by sandbags, and more. The designs take time to work on, but are well worth it when playing in a fun round with 10-16 of your friends..

There's my book... My curse.

URC mission pack Seige-16

Hosted in Arma1 section Armaholic ??

Thanks Eric - It is for ArmA 2. I PM'ed Big to review and fix the link. Thanks for the find...

HOT FIX Version 1.02 just added to the URC Download Mirror - will look to get the updated downloads to Armaholic and Armed Assault Info tonite. Please remove v1.01 on your servers and use 1.02 instead.

I will soon be working on new mission locations as well as the likelyhood of Namalsk Island if there is a demand for that. Thanks for your patience and for hosting my missions.

Armaholic and Armed Assault Info mirror links have been updated. Thanks all. Sorry for any inconveniences. Unless there are significant issues I am not expecting to update these, but to come out with more design locations. Time to get the community together and get the games going now. Warzone's server has started to host these reglarly and the Urban Resistance server has them as available maps. Start them up and players should come.

hi

i search for race script for mission, any idea ?

Thanks

Funnily enough that's something I was thinking of adding. PM me if you are interested in trying this out.

hi

i search for race script for mission, any idea ?

Thanks

Race script?

I think he means a 'race' game type. Ie players take an aircraft/vehicle and have to be first to the finishing line, possibly with ways to score bonus points on the way.

More general types are possible - one I had in mind was a remaking of the old classic 'choplifter' where players race each other to see who can use a helicopter to pick up the most civilians whilst avoiding ground fire.

These missions look great. If I get my dedicated server situation sorted out I would like to host these as part of just a DM/TDM rotation.

I do have a server at the moment with... a company that had a coupon (not gonna bash anyone here)... and when this nerve racking month is over with them maybe I can afford something a little better... :rolleyes:

But keep it up with these types of missions. I look forward to playing these... between crashes for the moment.

The racing ideas reminded of Radishville Run from OFP. Bring it on mac!

Thanks for the reply. I'm kind of letting this post wear down and will be posting my new Version 1.03 separately. The C&H TKOTH versions are quite fun to play. Fund rounds where both teams fight to control 1 zone. A great night of fun. Look for each gametype in separate posts as I finalize them. Some may exist at my group's site, but I am adding stuff to them and will make a post here when ready. Good stuff.

Are the TKOTH without a mobile respawn? I remember seeing 1-zone C&H missions but don't remember if they were your missions or not, and the mobile respawn was definitely making them annoying (since it made the whole game revolve around hiding/finding the enemy's mobile respawn rather than actually fighting over the objective).

Are the TKOTH without a mobile respawn? I remember seeing 1-zone C&H missions but don't remember if they were your missions or not, and the mobile respawn was definitely making them annoying (since it made the whole game revolve around hiding/finding the enemy's mobile respawn rather than actually fighting over the objective).

No mobile respawns on mine, however, I do have 2 that I haven't released that have 2 remote optional respawn locations. I prefer the 1 zone to be centralized for both teams to spend the 30 minutes or so fighting over.

Thank you for making this mission pack, I was looking for those types of missions.

The usual ArmA mission types are too complex for me to play for an hour of freetime here and there, but those missions you made are excellent for some quick fun.