V1.2 @megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=13G29EI6

V1.2 @arma2base http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=902

V1.2 @armaholic http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7746

---------------------

STADIUM Addon V1.2 Signed, ....realy truely signed

By Pafetik Bazerka

---------------------

Change Log v1.2

*fixed - .bisign and .bikey fixed and updated.

******PLEASE USE THIS NEW .bikeY FROM NOW ON. THE PREVIOUS IS LOST TO ME*******

(ALSO UPDATED @ OFPEC. SORRY WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN)

*updated - the readme

Change Log v1.1

*added - Damage proxies to glass in scorboard area,

*added - An extra 'ruin stage to the apex segment.

*fixed - removed ability to heal at segments

*added - emmisive textures to light towers

PURPOSE

--------

To provide aN example of a sports stadium to the ArmA2 commuity

for both testing and enjoyment.

Intialy sprung from the idea of providing a mock MCG to be used on the

proposed Australia Island.

---------

Includes

---------

paf_stad_obj.pbo = PBstadS.p3d..............the standard 1/4 circle piece.

PDstadSD.p3d.............the standard 1/4 circle piece, damaged.

PDstadS_ruins.p3d........the standard 1/4 circle piece, ruined.

PBstadR.p3d..............1/4 circle piece with pedestrian ramps.

PBstadR_ruins.p3d........1/4 circle piece with pedestrian ramps, ruined.

PBstadRscore.p3d.........1/4 circle piece with pedestrian ramps,and scoreboard/coach/TV box.

PBstadRscore_ruins.p3d...1/4 circle piece with pedestrian ramps,and scoreboard/coach/TV box, in ruins

PBstadE.p3d..............slightly eliptical 1/4 circle piece with vehicle tunnel entrance.

PBstadE_ruins.p3d........slightly eliptical 1/4 circle piece with vehicle tunnel entrance, ruined

pbaflgoals...............set of goal posts based on those used in Austrailan Rules Football, not destructable, afterall its only a game.

PBlighttower.p3d.........light towers for night games.

PBlighttower_ruins.p3d...colapsed light towers.

paf_stad_obj.pbo.PAF_bisign = the sign file, server admins will find me registerd at OFPEC

COop-04v01_stad_hostages = Demo mission, for 1-4 players in MP mode. (same as BETA release version)

Very simple set up, grab a vehicle and race your team members to the stadium, enjoy the views

of the vast concrete mass as you approach but beware its filed with Russians holding hostages.

The mission is a little rough as it was a spontaneous creation at a LAN party recently but it has

at least been tested with 4 players and we all got a few laughs out of it.

The hostages are realy just eye candy and there is no end trigger, but it does have respawn going so is basically endless

and it can be fun to see how far the AI will utilise the stadiums paths after they have been reborn.

Demo Mission soucefile for you to abuse and a tester mission containing just the stadium pieces, so you can feel free to simply

switch the pieces in editor or use the stadium for some quick bombing practice or to use as a template without having to editor place the stadium.

Be aware though you will need to clear the init lines of the pieces if they are moved.

-------------

INSTALLLATION

--------------

- place @PAFs_Stuff folder in your \ArmA2 folder

and include the -mod=@PAFs_Stuff suffix to your shortcut.

OR take the paf_stad_obj.pbo and paf_stad_obj.pbo.PAF_bisign and put it in which ever mod\addons folder you choose.

-Contents of the MPMissions folder to your \ArmA2\MPMissiosn folder.

--------------

USAGE

--------------

- feel free to use thenm on your island

- modify the demo mission any way you see fit

- or just place them in editor. Though I would strongly recomend using 'iOnOs' Real Time Editor for placement

found here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85766

- give credit when you feel credit is due.

- Do not attempt to extract the mlods for modification or rip any part of this addon

- If you do feel crazy enough to want to rip my addon just let me know and I may see what I can do about supplying source files.

-----------

KNOWN BUGS

-----------

- light still penetrates some corners of shadow LODs, though fixed many of them.

- textures are on the whole only a little better than my first attemp (sorry I STILL! cant seem to digital texture for sh.t)

Edit; find under Empty, Oz Isle Objects

mirrors are greatly appreciated

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Would you be interested of modifying this to suit the stadium in Mogadishu? :)

Would you be interested of modifying this to suit the stadium in Mogadishu? :)

hehe for the BHD mod right? ;)

looking nice, i'm hoping you'll include partial destruction because i wouldn't want everyone in the stadium to die just because it has no proper destruction and everything just falls to the floor :p

I think a lot can be done with this mod.

stad4.th.jpg

darker textures are helping with the limited shadow draw of the engine and I supose a bit more atmospheric.

@ Snake Man, Mogadishu isn't on my list at the mo but looking at some pics I googled I see it could be constructed in a similar way, the main structure is quite repetitive, so it could be done with 1 curve , 1 straight, 1 pavilion straight, and a score board. If nothing has been done about it after my lsit is taken care of I might consider it. From what I've seen a lot could be done by rearanging and reworking components from my current stadium.

@SAS recon, partial destruction is what I'm hoping for, but I'm not yet sure how many stages of destruction there will be.

Ok I took the idea of destruction a bit further recently. Got it kind of working in game but ran into what is for now a show stopper.

buldozer201001061531532u.th.jpg

look at the bottom of this last pic and you'll see that the default depth to hide the undamaged model isnt deep enough to cover the roof supports at the top of my building.

arma22010010700275575.th.jpg

If anyone knows of a way to possibly solve this I'd appreciate the help

Edited by Pafetik Bazerka

Just a heads up for anyone who cares. Planning on doing a MP beta test of the next to be released version of this stadium in 3 weeks time. If all goes well there should be a signed release shortly after. Next release will included improved textures and damaged models (Armed Assault style, not incremental). Will throw up pics of damaged models tommorow for comment.

Looking forward to seeing the next update, I've been following this addon in particular with great interest.

Do you feel you'll have time to add in several advertisements?

I am interested in this, But no doubt ill forget if you could pm me closer to the time id be happy to check it out with you.

You said the damange isnt going to be incremental, but armed assault style, I actually dont know what this means, But would you be able to damage only sections of the stadium?

And are you going to be able to walk around the inside of the stadium?

I know that modelling is hard (to the point where i havent even tried) But....

Can i make a request for :-

Private boxes

Commentry boxes

A camera gantry

Lights that illuminate the stadium with access via a ladder

Access to the inside from the outside with vehicles IE

Blackhawk down style with the nato forces parked inside the

stadium.

Of course tell me im dreaming and i should 'f off n die'

which i completely respect, but id still use this however you finish it. BTW the pics look amazing!

EDIT: Hell make a football/cricket/yank football/Aussie Football Mod, and lets play a game with the entire Arma community watching in the stands! I think that might generate some more interest in the game.

Imagine, Front page of PC GAMER

ARMA2 Community V Devs. 35000 Actual fans in the stands!

Edited by CannonousCrash

@belgerot, at my current pace, adverts are a distinct possibility and I will certainly try.If you have any ideas on what you want to see let me know.At the moment I'm thinking green AB (Arma Bitter), and an event sign 'Gellong vs Collingwood' (though this would ineffect fill the stadium with nothing but ugly people)

@CanonousCrash, I mean that the damage want be the small sections as we see in A2 but the complete building as in A1. The fact that the stadium is in fact 8 seperate buildings will balance this a bit (I hope).

As for your other requests;

Private boxes and Commentry boxes- have been wanting to, if i find enough time then I may do some as variations on the current pieces , otherwise a definite maybe for a second addon pack of extras that adds to the first

A camera gantry - no

Lights that illuminate the stadium with access via a ladder- light towers will be included, wish me luck on geting them to work still not sure about the reality of ladder access

Access to the inside from the outside with vehicles - already can

EDIT: Hell make a football/cricket/yank football/Aussie Football Mod, and lets play a game with the entire Arma community watching in the stands! - Love it!

now to go take those pics

Thanks for getting back to me beserker.

I got another request, I have a friend who is lazy as shit. he is making an 'island' which is going to be a pvp area, and would like to know if he could add the stadium to it

No need to ask, of course I'd be happy for people to include it on thier islands. In fact it's perhaps the only way it will ever be used as an island maker can level enough flat ground to assemble it properly where ever they want.

There is a texture for a soccer field that's located just on the north skirts of Chernogorsk, with soccer goals too. You could put that in the center, that would be cool.

There is a texture for a soccer field that's located just on the north skirts of Chernogorsk, with soccer goals too. You could put that in the center, that would be cool.

I partially agree although I must bring up one thing. If there are goals in the stadium won't they interfere with setting up a "base" or "staging area" like the one in Black Hawk Down?

Also, if you use ace there is a "grasscutter" which clears an area of grass out.

Nice !

How dare you use that curse word in here? :D

Cant wait to nuke the sh*t out of this! :p

great work.. its going to look just stunning with even more ruins arround it..

I like progress so far, the last picture posted is exactly how I would imagine coming across a ruined stadium. Good job.