Sign in to follow this  
Avandir

A little help for a newbie.

I'm new to PC gaming, this game is in fact my first ever. I'm even newer to computers. I can check my email and that's about it.

My question is, I bought this game brand new today at best buy. In order to have a solid gaming experience, do I need to download all of the patches? And if so, do I need to do them in order?

Thanks.

Just download the latest 1.04 patch and that's it. It is necessary if you want to play multiplayer and reduce bugs (so yes, i would say it is necessary).

And by the way, you have chosen quite a complex game to be your first :)

I'm AD Army. I've done this stuff in real life.

The only problem I will have is learning my computer.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

How would I go about "modding" my weapons? Such as changing the sights or camo scheme.

Once again, my ignorance is known. It says I need to "Extract all." What do I need to do?

Edited by Avandir
'Cause I'm an idiot.

your best bet is to ask around in the modding/editing forums towards the bottom. BIS supplies the tools to import models, textures, sounds, etc.; but since you're "green" :D with computers I'd suggest looking for replacement packs that others have already created. There's also www sites like www.OFPEC.com or www.armaholic.com. Just drop in and browse around their downloads sections

Welcome and good luck!

Edited by No Use For A Name