Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal Team Six Campaign release (SP)

You mean putting it in the command line? No I've not. I assume you'd just string the directories together? Would it make it easy to rename the dirs 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... to make it easy to type into the command line?

Yep, the usual way "-mod=@mod1;mod2;@so_on". I don't recommend naming your dirs 1, 2, 3, etc... it'd become a mess specially if you wanna delete or update a addon.;)

In fact, I use a .bat file...I find it easier to edit.

Sorry Sick1 for the offtopic post :)

Edited by Psychopathus

Heres how I have mine set up horrgakx...

-nosplash -mod=@+FPS;@CBA;@F.A.V.mod;@FFAA;@JTD;@LHD;@MercUnits;@panthera;@RHM4;@RHPistol;@SLX;@SOW;@ZGB;

You can rename the mods anything you like, I usually just shorten the names so I know what each one is.

Didn't mean to just repeat what you said, Psycho, I was posting at the same time you were

Also, if you use a launcher, you can have different setups. Each one containing different mods for different missions/campaigns so you don't have 50 different shortcuts :thumbsup:

Edited by PaperCut

Ah crap. Okay, REALLY embarrassed. I had no idea you had to tick them. I thought simply by having them in the list they were active. They don't look like tick boxes, they look like left brackets "["

I have had the VopSound mod in there (but obviously not active) for the last 2 months - I did wonder what the differences were ...

So, it works fine now I've ticked the boxes.

Ah crap. Okay, REALLY embarrassed. I had no idea you had to tick them. I thought simply by having them in the list they were active. They don't look like tick boxes, they look like left brackets "["

Oh, your talking about the launcher you use right? I gotcha.

Doesn't it make you feel like this> :yay: when everything works?

First few missions are dull as hell. Also quite unrealistic. Send a 3 man team to clear up a ton of enemies... it's the kind of stuff I bought arma 2 to get away from

Hey Sick, I downloaded v1.3 twice and I got CRC error when extracting both times.

Anyway, great campaign!

@horrgakx: have you tried the traditional shortcut way of loading addons?

I just got home so I'm looking into it now. Thanks!

edit: okay try this one

http://www.filefront.com/14860061/undefined

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

First few missions are dull as hell. Also quite unrealistic. Send a 3 man team to clear up a ton of enemies... it's the kind of stuff I bought arma 2 to get away from

Try the second one. I didn't know a whole lot of tricks when i made this. It was my first campaign. The second is very different. Also this campaign is not easy by no means. It's based on the PlayStation Socom games as stated in the OP. This is not a traditional ARMA campaign. Try the second.:)

Edited by Sick1

Awsome! TY for updating this with the new m4/m16 addon! It's going to give this campaign some more replay value!

I'll try the second, hope it's more realistic and believable than the first.

You might wanna base your missions on real life scenarios, not blockbuster arcadey gameplay shooters.

I'll try the second, hope it's more realistic and believable than the first.

You might wanna base your missions on real life scenarios, not blockbuster arcadey gameplay shooters.

Dude make your own campaign then. My job is not to cater to you. Read the OP!!! BASED ON SOCOM!!!

This is not a Seal simulation!

Edited by Sick1

Agreed, there's not a lot of quality user made campaigns out there, so encouragement and constructive criticism should be the order of the day. If you don't like these campaigns, please feel free to check out the OPFDR user made campaigns!

The criticism is 100% constructive. The work put in is much appreciated but this campaign personally I am finding very bland and generic with console-game style missions. About to try the 2nd one now.

The criticism is 100% constructive. The work put in is much appreciated but this campaign personally I am finding very bland and generic with console-game style missions. About to try the 2nd one now.

If you like there is topic to give some ideas to mission designers.

If you want to give your 2 cents in a constructive manner there it is : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89827

Back to the topic : campaign #1 was great, campaign #2 even greater.

Can't believe this is your first campaign.

Fixed - can be deleted. I don't have an option to delete my own post!

Edited by horrgakx

Thanks for the update Sickness, I am having alot of fun playing your stuff. (Aside from my idiotic AI teammates :D)

Edited by Rellikki
Removed the flaming related text

No flaming here, please. I have removed any flaming related text and the replies to it. Keep the discussion civil. Everyone may have their opinions, but no need to get offensive because of them.

Understood. Perhaps others could refrain from insisting that mission creators cater to their needs as well.

Hey

Thought give you campaign ago cant seem get it to work thow ive got all the addons needed made a folder called campaign and placed the US_seals_cmp.pdo in there.

When i load up the game and choose campaign i can see the seal team six campaign above harvest red but when i click on it press start ect it just loads up the harvest red campaign.

Any ideas what iam doin wong i cant figure it out.

ta

Great job Sick1!!! Very fun campaigns.

I don't understand why some people give you negative feedback about authenticity and stuff like that, but as for me I consider that you did way lot better than the original Bohemia's campaign scripters!!! and it's free. I also think that you truly enhanced the SP game in Arma2 (which in my mind has extremely high potential but is one of the worst game I've seen concerning overall stability) with the quality of your campaigns and I really wish that you'll have many other campaign projects.

Some time ago, I draft some campaign ideas and "scriptplay" including: UN, canadian forces... but I never had enough time to bring it together, which I hoped would have looked little bit like yours (movie soundtracks...). So continue your good job!!!

And for those who want an extremely, and I say extremely authentic simulation, well join the forces for christ sake we are talking about video games here!!! lol

---------------------------------

By the way, Mission operation kill switch, I almost finished it 2 times but I have always one of the hostages not responding, all objectives met. Only need to bring him to the chopper and he's stuck at his original position. Any idea??

Edited by Wingsbaron

@Sick1: Thanks a lot for this great campaign! I'm having fun with it!

By the way, Mission operation kill switch, I almost finished it 2 times but I have always one of the hostages not responding, all objectives met. Only need to bring him to the chopper and he's stuck at his original position. Any idea??

I had this exact problem myself. It is the assistant that won't move.

Here is what I did:

Shoot the guy and the mission will be successful

I have a hard time completing the LHD mission. I can't find any more bad guys. Searched everywhere.

There are only 2 possibilities to actually enter the ship? One with the Humvee + guy in suit and the other with a greybearded hostage, right?

What am I missing? Any ideas?

First of all thank you for this great job Sick. I'm really enjoying this campaign and everything goes fine till mission "Eagle assist". Two annoying matters... First helo number one sometimes won't land after being attacked by terrorist so it stays hover with Ah-1 and won't crash in the ambush.Second and the most annoying I kill every one in the town but when I enter the palace where is the "Boss" he isn't in only two grenadiers are here and they are visible through walls outside the palace. I tried everything... if I shot with a rocket launcher the palace I get the boss killed and the mission fail. Sometimes I get the phrase of surrender of the boss (I only say my mat. number etc...) but it won't appear. Have you any suggestion to solve this? Thanks again...

Amazing work, man! Although the campaign doesn't have any video stuff it is very interesting and nice to play. I've downloaded the both campaigns bun now I'm playing the first one so I wrote in this thread:) Thanks for the nice campaign! Keep it up!:)

I'm enjoying this more than the official campaign. At least I'm able to finish a mission without bugs stopping me. Well done :)

:confused: Sick... did you read my post on eagle assist trouble?

Sounds like your using the old version of Panthera. Make sure you have the latest campaign and island addon. Are you using and mods with this?

the only mods i use are the ones of the list you included with the campaign... which version of pandora should i use? and which version of campaign? thanks again...:(