Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal Team Six Campaign release (SP)

PaperCut mentioned an awesome intro but I get none at all, just the mission map briefing. Anyway, on the first mission I get the boat on to the shore and get myself and two teamates out of the boat but after that they wont follow any orders except to get back into the boat. They wont follow regroup or move orders.

I will try to revert tonight and see if that helps.

Maybe its a problem with CBA. Try it with out and see what happens. I added only because I think it will be standard soon. All the other addons are objects so it couldn't possibly be one of them. I'm using 1.4 and I've never had this problem. Hope you guys get it going. It's a really fun campaign.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Maybe its a problem with CBA. Try it with out and see what happens. All the other addons are objects so it couldn't possibly be one of them. I'm using 1.4 and I've never had this problem. Hope you guys get it going. It's a really fun campaign.
Also not sure what he meant by the intro. I did not add intro's to this campaign.

I'm having trouble playing the campaign.

Normally I wouldn't download a campaign that needed so many addons but this looked worth it.

I spent most of this evening d/l ing the addons and campaign, i'm pretty sure I've installed everything correctly using mod folders.

When I try to start the campaign the game just hangs and I need to start task manager to exit the game which it says is not responding. Also when I start the game instead of the usual start screen (carrier or chernarus countryside) it appears i'm underwater but it looks bugged, not sure if this has any baring on my problem

Apart from reinstalling all of the addons and campaign im not sure what to try - any suggestions, i'd really like to give this a go.

I have v1.4 btw

cheers

Edited by Urbanski

@Above- look in your .RPT file. It should be somewhere like Yourname/APPData/Local/Arma2

Read the bottom and it might show you whats wrong.

froggy thx for the reply

I couldn't find the .RPT file you mention - i'm trying each addon seperately atm to see which ones are definitely working.

I saw in this thread RedRage mentions getting the underwater start screen with the FFA mod - i disabled it but im still getting underwater screen.

Process of elimination - i'll try again tomorrow

Urbanski,

check your mods. The campaign hanged when I first tried. Had to use task manager to end ARMAII. I then checked that my shortcut was missing one of the mods. Tried again and it hanged again. Checked my mod folders and realized that I forgot to put one of the mods into an AddOn subfolder. It started up after that.

Maybe its a problem with CBA. Try it with out and see what happens. I added only because I think it will be standard soon. All the other addons are objects so it couldn't possibly be one of them. I'm using 1.4 and I've never had this problem. Hope you guys get it going. It's a really fun campaign.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Also not sure what he meant by the intro. I did not add intro's to this campaign.

How essential is the FAA weapons mod to complete the campaign? I'm getting a weird Arma behavior when running this mod (warped start-up screen image, similar to the view one can experience during "falling through" game world in many games; game freezes when i load up a scenario). My guess is that there might be a mod conflict somewhere, but i really don't feel like testing all 50 mods i have running one by one against FAA mod. So, will I be able to finish the campaign without the mod, or will there be a total cliffhanger with error message on mission 3 or 4? :confused:

How essential is the FAA weapons mod to complete the campaign? I'm getting a weird Arma behavior when running this mod (warped start-up screen image, similar to the view one can experience during "falling through" game world in many games; game freezes when i load up a scenario). My guess is that there might be a mod conflict somewhere, but i really don't feel like testing all 50 mods i have running one by one against FAA mod. So, will I be able to finish the campaign without the mod, or will there be a total cliffhanger with error message on mission 3 or 4? :confused:

It's definitely a conflict with another mod. Probably a weapon mod. Anyways it's used a few times in the later missions for a few supply locations with ammo crates. There's some awesome weapons in there that i feel work great with this campaign.

I'll release a version with out FAA and Little birds. Give me an hour or two bro.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Note

Some people were having conflicts when using FFAA with other mods they had already installed. Ive included a lite version without FFAA and Little birds addon.

Get it here

http://www.filefront.com/14671229/US_Seals_cmp.pbo

Edited by Sick1

Hey Sick1 thanks for all your hard work. I just finished the first mission and my computer froze, don't know why. Regardless your campaign is really fun and even though it takes a lot of downloads I'm glad I checked it out.

If you make another version I just have one suggestion....make the other team members 'Playable', that way when hosting your buddies can play with you. Maybe this is already available later on, but I only got passed the first mission before I crashed, so if it is then disregard. Thanks again for contributing to the community.:yay:

Hey Sick1 thanks for all your hard work. I just finished the first mission and my computer froze, don't know why. Regardless your campaign is really fun and even though it takes a lot of downloads I'm glad I checked it out.

If you make another version I just have one suggestion....make the other team members 'Playable', that way when hosting your buddies can play with you. Maybe this is already available later on, but I only got passed the first mission before I crashed, so if it is then disregard. Thanks again for contributing to the community.:yay:

That sucks about your crash. If you guys want i will make them playable. Is that all it needs to be multiplayer? If so I'll do it for sure. I cant see why it would crash. If anybody as any ideas that would be great.

Sick, I got home tonight and reverted and I can now order my men. I second the suggestion to make the other teammates playable so you can switch between them in solo mode.

A suggestion to players: get your men away from shore. I can't tell you how many times my men have wound up in the water and died. stupid AI.

Okay, now I might have fixed the crash issue. Either way this one has all team members playable. Hope this works for you guys.

All Addons required V 1.1

http://www.filefront.com/14672217/US_Seals_cmp.pbo

Without FFAA and Little birds addon V 1.1

http://www.filefront.com/14672259/US_Seals_cmp.pbo

Edited by Sick1

hey sick1. nice campaing good work mate. i have some issiues about addon. my arma2 get frozen after i completed first mission(i tried the v 1.1 but didnt try lite yet downloading it now.) i hope lite version helps to get rid of that problem. and other question is in screenshot the guy with greenberet has black outfit. in my mod it has camo outfit. is there another mod you are using instead of mercs&black ops?

I was going to download this new version, but its just a PBO...

A good release must have the pbo + readme packed into RAR archive to make it smaller and easier to download (1 file opposite to many).

Also the mission directories are bad with the %20 spaces in the dir names.

file the companion ship not exite how

I tried this way and does not

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" - Seal Team Six (@)-

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

You don't need to do that.

Just create a Campaigns folder in your Arma2 directory and put the .pbo file inside.

I had the same problems with the game hanging, I went back and checked to see if I had all the correct commandline parameters and made sure all my mod folders were set up correctly. Sure enough one of my mods was'nt set up correctly, once I fixed those two issues everything was fine.

One problem I have always had is I can never get my soldiers to re-arm themselves, I can never find the command to do so. That being said I'm glad you made a version that makes the other soldiers playable. Now I won't have to kill all the bad guys myself :)

What am I missing? Whenever the AI is controling the squad, they can order soldiers to re-arm at corpses or ammo crates, whenever I am commanding units, I have to load them into a vehicle with weapons already loaded into the vehicle to rearm them, or switch to them to re-arm...

i corrected my frozen game problem. i installed one of the addons wrong. its gone now. brilliant missions mate. they are pretty cool. keep up the good work. :)

My game is hanging at the campaign start. My arma2.rpt file tells me that BB_Mercenary is missing or deleted, but I have the Desert Mercenaries and Black Ops installed correctly and the correct command line. Any ideas?

edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize that your mod folder name mattered. Once I changed my folder from @Desert_Mercs to @BB_Mercenary it worked fine.

Edited by mrjingo

I'm having an issue with the mission entitled "Operation Kill Switch" normally I wouldn't post on the forums and just move on, but I love this campaign so much that I need to beat it!!!

I've cleared the entire airport - I've even destroyed all the vehicles, even found the hidden static emplacement in the hanger. But when I go to the objective with my squad it only says "Wait". Nothing progresses. I've searched the whole airport for more hostiles and can't find any!

Any help/advice would be appreciated - Thanks.

just directly go to the hostages and rescue them. then go to extract point and finish it. that wait thing doesnt go off. it hangs there. change your objective manually from map screen.

;1456725']hey sick1. nice campaing good work mate. i have some issiues about addon. my arma2 get frozen after i completed first mission(i tried the v 1.1 but didnt try lite yet downloading it now.) i hope lite version helps to get rid of that problem. and other question is in screenshot the guy with greenberet has black outfit. in my mod it has camo outfit. is there another mod you are using instead of mercs&black ops?

The outfits change from mission to mission. I'm not using any other mods. The black one is in a later mission. As for your crash' date=' I'm not sure. Not everyone is getting this so it might be a conflict on your end. Make sure all your addons are in the right folders. Some people were getting weird CTD with FFAA. Something I never got. You could make a shortcut using just the mods my campaign need. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I had the same problems with the game hanging, I went back and checked to see if I had all the correct commandline parameters and made sure all my mod folders were set up correctly. Sure enough one of my mods was'nt set up correctly, once I fixed those two issues everything was fine.

One problem I have always had is I can never get my soldiers to re-arm themselves, I can never find the command to do so. That being said I'm glad you made a version that makes the other soldiers playable. Now I won't have to kill all the bad guys myself :)

What am I missing? Whenever the AI is controlling the squad, they can order soldiers to re-arm at corpses or ammo crates, whenever I am commanding units, I have to load them into a vehicle with weapons already loaded into the vehicle to rearm them, or switch to them to re-arm...

Try sub menu six on your keyboard. Go to more option and you will see rearm. If there is a dead enemy near by there will be a option to order them to pick up the weapon. Can also be used on ammo crates.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

I'm having an issue with the mission entitled "Operation Kill Switch" normally I wouldn't post on the forums and just move on, but I love this campaign so much that I need to beat it!!!

I've cleared the entire airport - I've even destroyed all the vehicles, even found the hidden static emplacement in the hanger. But when I go to the objective with my squad it only says "Wait". Nothing progresses. I've searched the whole airport for more hostiles and can't find any!

Any help/advice would be appreciated - Thanks.

Yeah sorry about that super secret static emplacement. Glad you killed him though. As for the wait problem. The kill box for the airport is big. So those pesky terrorist do a good job hiding. If the task is complete then move to the next objective. If not then do a search in Fast Forward. That usually bring them out of their hiding places. If this all doesn't work then it's probably the game not recognizing the trigger properly. I've had this happen on the first mission once. I was sure the enemy was not there, but it still would not end. After reverting to a save just before my assault it worked perfectly. Maybe he ran into a building i didn't check. I assure you that I've beat each mission multiple times to rid out any bugs. The last two are my favorite.

I'm working on campaign 2 that will use less addons and I'm trying to make it run flawless. Thanks for playing guys!

Edited by Sick1

This is my second night trying to get this campaign to work.

I'm using a launcher so i don't have the multiple startup icons or endless typing issues. (BTW those who haven't got one yet GET AN ARMAII LAUNCHER, there are a few about and it makes life so much easier if you are using mods - simplicity itself, just install and away you go)

I've checked all the mods are installed correctly in their folders and renamed a couple of the folders after reading a comment in this thread.

I'm only using the mods that are listed for the campaign and im still getting this underwater bugged startup screen. I can only conclude that there is a conflict within the listed mods or i'm missing something obvious (probably the latter). Either way I don't think I can justify spending any more time working this out as my free time is limited.

Sick1 - i'd loved to have tried your campaign (i might dl the lite version) but doesn't look like i can. If you do make another it might be wise to limit your mod use to one or two so more people can enjoy your work which i believe from the comments is very good.

Keep it up mate but keep us non tech savvy morons in mind next time eh? ;)

This is my second night trying to get this campaign to work.

I'm using a launcher so i don't have the multiple startup icons or endless typing issues. (BTW those who haven't got one yet GET AN ARMAII LAUNCHER, there are a few about and it makes life so much easier if you are using mods - simplicity itself, just install and away you go)

I've checked all the mods are installed correctly in their folders and renamed a couple of the folders after reading a comment in this thread.

I'm only using the mods that are listed for the campaign and im still getting this underwater bugged startup screen. I can only conclude that there is a conflict within the listed mods or i'm missing something obvious (probably the latter). Either way I don't think I can justify spending any more time working this out as my free time is limited.

Sick1 - i'd loved to have tried your campaign (i might dl the lite version) but doesn't look like i can. If you do make another it might be wise to limit your mod use to one or two so more people can enjoy your work which i believe from the comments is very good.

Keep it up mate but keep us non tech savvy morons in mind next time eh? ;)

It's probably FFAA mod. Use the lite version. It excludes FFAA and little birds. It's hard to equip the Seals without using mods. You don't want a bunch of Force Recon guys pretending to be seals do ya. :) I will however keep this in mind for the second Seal campaign.