Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Challenger 2.

hope u guys will like the updates made to it.. please let me know if there is any bugs that u can see.. and thx for the patiense all..

and again thx to the P:UKF Lads for an awesome wagon.. makes a tankie happy :P

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8489/chally2.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

link for the P:UKF Challenger 2 Tank

https://rapidshare.com/files/1703900141/UKF_Challenger2.rar

credits:

Trouble: Engine sound

DaveP: sorting out the ACE stuff for the wagon

Rockape: for helping me out when i ran into trouble.

Dar12thmonkey: for helping me just as much with alot of other stuff:D

Friznit: for reference guidence

And ofcourse to the P:UKF lads for making this awesome vehicle...

Fukken downloaded, finally, a good Chally.

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted image

Thank you so much! It's beautiful and perfect. Very nice addon indeed :bounce3:

I have been waiting for this one for a while. Thank you very much.

Really really happy with what i've seen so far. Only bug i've come across is that the commander has no zoom and no night/thermal vision.

commander doesnt have night/thermal on his sight systemsbut will look into the zoom bit soon

commander doesnt have night/thermal on his sight systemsbut will look into the zoom bit soon

Are you planning to add it in the future ?

Ehh, where do I find the unit?

I have the other UKF things, but cant find the unit ingame.

Rather strange.

UK Armed Forces -UKF Tracked

Great work finishing this up DK, I really enjoyed working on it.

Commander not having TI is standard (don't blame me, blame the M.O.D), has NV on the N key, the zoom levels I thought I'd sorted but alas, a slip!

Random stuff in my rpt:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -ShowScriptErrors -world=empty "-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@UKF_Challenger_2" 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2011/12/22 20:03:02
Current time:  2012/01/23 23:12:25

Version 1.60.87580
Updating base class ->Default, by ukf_shared\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/
Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ukf_shared\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_762x51_Ball/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_25mm_HE/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_25mm_APDS/
Updating base class ->GrenadeBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/G_30mm_HE/
Updating base class ->ShellBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_105_HE/
Updating base class ->ShellBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_120_HE/
Updating base class ->ShellBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_120_SABOT/
Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/
Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_762x51_M240/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/300Rnd_25mm_GAU12/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/30Rnd_105mmHE_M119/
Updating base class ->MGun, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/
Updating base class ->CannonCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M119/
Updating base class ->CannonCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M256/
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_halfdestruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_halfdestruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_destruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_destruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_halfdestruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_halfdestruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_destruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_destruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_halfdestruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_halfdestruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_destruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_destruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_halfdestruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_halfdestruction.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_destruction.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_destruction.rvmat
No get in co-driver point in ukf_chally2\cr2_bare_d.p3d (cr2_based)
In Vehicle: ukf_chally2\cr2_bare_d.p3d missing gunner get in direction point
No get in co-driver point in ukf_chally2\cr2_bare_d.p3d (cr2_layer1d)
No get in co-driver point in ukf_chally2\cr2_bare_d.p3d (cr2_layer2d)
Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\users\ejer\desktop\ukf_chally2\data\accessories2des.paa.

UKF Misc and UKF shared are in the same mod folder as the Chally. no other mods were running at the same time. I tested the empty Desert Variants (D,L1,L2).

No damage textures were apparent (hence above unloaded rvmats). Thought I'd pass it along.

EDIT: While I think of it, I didn't get any turret sounds either.

Edited by Das Attorney

Commander not having TI is standard (don't blame me, blame the M.O.D), has NV on the N key, the zoom levels I thought I'd sorted but alas, a slip!

You mean they don't have them in real life? What the heck? The commander's supposed to be the one with all the situational awareness! Someone in the government derp'd.

Does the gunner have thermal sights? (IRL, of course)

Random stuff in my rpt:

*snip*

UKF Misc and UKF shared are in the same mod folder as the Chally. no other mods were running at the same time. I tested the empty Desert Variants (D,L1,L2).

No damage textures were apparent (hence above unloaded rvmats). Thought I'd pass it along.

EDIT: While I think of it, I didn't get any turret sounds either.

Based on all those "Updating base class" entries, I'm guessing part of the issue is that the configs are defining more than they need to. IMO, I'd base the vehicle config off an existing vehicle class so that it inherits most of the sounds and configs you already want. That'd cut down on the amount of extra code you need to put it, and it would make it compatible with sound mods, like J.S.R.S.

Edited by Xeno426

yeah the gunner has thermal sights of course... guess MoD didnt think it was important to have the hunterkill effect during night ops:P but who am i to judge.. turret sounds i might have turned it off too much ill have a look at that later.. need a small break atm

You mean they don't have them in real life? What the heck? The commander's supposed to be the one with all the situational awareness! Someone in the government derp'd.

Does the gunner have thermal sights? (IRL, of course)

Have some spotters stuff:

When the CR2 was built, the technology to make a fully stabilised x4/x10independent TI sight small enough to fit in the Commander's Primary Sight cupola simply didn't exist. It was scheduled for a midlife upgrade in 2005, along with the smooth bore gun, lighter running gear, upgraded FCC and new power pack (engine + gearbox). Alas, the world being what it is by 2005 we no longer really needed MBTs so the upgrades were shelved.

Want more? :p

The current TISH (TI Sight Head) is housed in that big square box you can see sitting on barrel (the TISH barbette) so it points wherever the gun points, the FCC catches up, computes the aiming mark and draws it in the display - it can be a little laggy when shooting at range (not something simulated in ArmA2 luckily!). Both the gunner and commander can switch to the TI sight in their regular head down displays or view it through a 'TI relaxed viewing monitor' (which is now called something else because they didn't like the word relaxed, but I can't recall what it changed to). But clearly only one person can control the gun / turret at once so you lose the independent search capability of the daylight CPS (usually about an hour before last light). Boo hiss etc.

Mind you, if you made sure your gunner serviced the TISH regularly the picture was bloody good. I've 'navigated' across BATUS at night by following the tracks of another tank in the TI - a good 2 hours later.

The TISH would also made a jolly good place to keep cold beer as it was kept at a constant 4 degrees centigrade. But of course we never drank alcohol on exercise. At all. Ever. Honest.

(By the way, before anyone accuses me of being a tank spotter, I spent 8 years playing on these toys as a CR2 Commander in various parts of the world. I don't know a great deal about any other tanks though.)

UK Armed Forces -UKF Tracked

Great work finishing this up DK, I really enjoyed working on it.

Regarding the night vision, pressing N does nothing for me while i am in commander's view. It works properly in the gunner position though.

Honestly no idea what's happened there then; DK will have to look in to it, last I was working on it (finished up the ACE/Gun Realism Package late last summer) it was working

good job man.is there anyway to re do the desert textures they just seem shaddy shalll a say its the only thing that bugs me about a great addon lol

By all means feel free to try improving the 'shaddy' textures yourself and show us-I personally spent a month trying to do so, results were not optimal, the Lighting engine can really play silly tricks with your work and it's bloody difficult texturing something if you didn't unwrap it yourself

Furthermore, the texturing itself isn't exactly bad. While it may not suit all environs, it's simply by the nature of the compromise -what would've worked really well on Zargabad sucks on Takistan, Qom, what works there wouldn't work on clafghan, and so on

Edited by DaveP

Great work!

Here are the errors taken from our dedi server rpt. I hope this helps.

2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_halfdestruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_halfdestruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_destruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\challyext_destruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_halfdestruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_halfdestruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_destruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\sproket_destruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_halfdestruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_halfdestruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_destruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\wheels_destruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_halfdestruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_halfdestruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Warning Message: Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_destruction.rvmat.
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 Cannot load material file ukf_chally2\data\tracks_destruction.rvmat
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 No get in co-driver point in ukf_chally2\cr2_bare.p3d (cr2_layer2)
2012/01/24, 14:12:47 In Vehicle: ukf_chally2\cr2_bare.p3d missing gunner get in direction point
2012/01/24, 14:12:48 No get in co-driver point in ukf_chally2\cr2_bare.p3d (cr2_layer1)
2012/01/24, 14:12:48 In Vehicle: ukf_chally2\cr2_bare.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

nah dave think its ur turn to fix the sights on the commander view, u dont need me u know what to do and can do it way better than me..!!!

Last I checked, it was set up so 'zooming in' again took you to the TI view (Numpad + by default). N changed the ArmA2 engine default greyscale TI to the proper CR2 greenscale. It's not an ideal situation but games limitations being what they are, it's workable.

Great to have an update for this awesome addon, thanks guys. :)

Is it me or is the new 'three pronged' thingy at the back of the turret desert coloured on the woodland camo version? Could it be changed to woodland to match the rest of the woodland camo? Just a personal thing but I hate seeing bits of a vehicle in desert camo when the rest is in woodland camo. :D