Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

In fairness to Manzilla it is Shift+F for the ArmA II weapons pack.

It's (NUM) / in the OA version, which we have a separate thread for, so won't necessarily be documented in here. The trend seems to be to use this thread to talk about both packs though. :)

Hey ive been having a problem with the BAF addons and the UKF GPMG. When using the L7a2 with any of the BAF soldiers with a helmet, part of the helmet seems to get in the way with the sights in the prone postion. Have you guys got a way around it? (other than using the light rifleman model)

Thanks.

Hey ive been having a problem with the BAF addons and the UKF GPMG. When using the L7a2 with any of the BAF soldiers with a helmet, part of the helmet seems to get in the way with the sights in the prone postion. Have you guys got a way around it? (other than using the light rifleman model)

Thanks.

Yeah I tested this out and posted it in the OA thread but its not helmet because it still happens with the officers with berets, its the hydration packs that nearly all of them wear on there back except the section leader.

Nice weapon packs, but I still can't get used to the L85's sound. The CSM2 has a sound replacement for the weapon packs, but sadly, I can't download it from its original link:http://zeus-community.net/important/CSM2_UKF.7z, if anybody could mirror this sound pack, would be appreciated. Somebody might ask why I'm so positive for it, well, I would tell you the CSM2 for BAF DLC weapons is really excellent.

use only this mod with arma 2 co

appears this: cannot load texture ukf_ukfweps\law80\lawtube.ppa, somebody else?

just a quick Q

does anyone know the classnames for the L129a1 magazines

and the classnames for the L2A1 ILAW.

cheers.

(there not in the readme and i couldn't find em in the config)

I think the L129A1 is just the 20rnd STANAG, not too sure about the ILAW though.

just a quick Q

cheers.

For the L129 try "20Rnd_762x51_L129A1". The ILAW uses the normal M136 Mag i thougt:confused:.

just a quick Q

cheers.

The pack doesn't contain an L129 or am ILAW; so this isn't really the best place to ask is it?

Probably best to ask in the 3 rifles addon as they are stalkergb's.

Now that ive remembered though im getting an error with the l96 where the sight doesnt appear to be texture when i look through it.

Thats all te info i can give right now as ill have to dig out the rpt and the error.

Oh i know im going slightly off topic here but is the guy who made the landies still knocking about ?

Now that ive remembered though im getting an error with the l96 where the sight doesnt appear to be texture when i look through it.

The L96s and LAW-80s were effectively 'removed' from the OA version of the pack because both weapons have been obsolete within British service for a number of years now, and the models and textures are from OFP - making these representations in ArmA 2 equally outdated.

The classnames are there so as not to break old missions people made using the port somebody made of our OFP weapon pack, but those weapons themselves are buggy as fuck to deter players from using them.

Like current British forces; if you want sniper rifles use the our L115A3s, if you want a sharpshooter rifle use stalker's L129A1 (or if you're a bit fruity - our L86A2) and if you want AT weapons use the MBT-LAW, Javelin or M136 that come with the game. There are also several LAW-60 (LASM) addons and a MATDOR (ASM) addon by other authors knocking about in the community if you want to poke holes in walls.

Unfortunately no, Messiah (the author of the Land Rovers) is no longer around.

Ah Must have downloaded the wrong version then. Thats cosigned to the bin then, pity about Messiah was going to ask for permission to have an attempt at the Snatch that the tectures there for but I guess it will be from scratch.

Im sorted with the weapons front anyways. Cheers

if u ask nicely im sure Da12th may be able to talk to him about it, or at the very least chuck u his email address as hes a pretty decent and aproachable fella if ur not a nob

When i am using the BFA weapons the other people can't hear them... any ideas on how to fix this?

When i am using the BFA weapons the other people can't hear them... any ideas on how to fix this?

Yes, same problem here... BFA + JSRS Dont work :( , with acex_sm work fine.

Cheers i'll give that a go... have to wait till the rest of the clan get on to test it out though haha

Yea, VOLCBAT made me aware of this problem several months ago - I've tried several things, but so far it's not something I've managed to fix.

If it's just something that doesn't work with JSRS, I suspect the distance sound scripts in the mod don't 'like' the ammunition that the BFA weapons use - how to work around that I don't know, because I'm not familiar with the internal workings of the mod. However, we've not been able to be 100% certain that it only happens with JSRS due to the complexities of testing the addon with different clientside/serverside arrangements for soundmods, and issuing my attempts at fixes, to everybody.

You can try making a small config plugin that forces a single soundfile definition for just the BFA weapons (a bit like ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_sound.pbo as an example, but using classnames further down the inheritance tree like ukf_L85A2_BFA, instead of L85A2_base_BAF which is at the top of the tree) but I can't say for certain that it'd work.

Ed:- you should probably have raised this issue over in this thread: P:UKF Weapons Pack for OA/CO - V2.00+. This thread was for Chris' original release of the weapons for ArmA 2 - so is outdated. Dunno if the mods want to merge the last couple of posts into that one, and lock this thread.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Yeah i'll post in there as without JSRS it still dosn't work... i'm using the ACE sound mod with it now and still no joy.