Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

Of course it depends on the weapon-sight relation, but the point is that if you fired your weapon at 25m to zero it's probably because it would result in the weapon also being zeroed for the longer distance (300m or whatever).

can you make an amunition bag for the GPMG nont like it when the munition isjust there flying =)

can you make an amunition bag for the GPMG nont like it when the munition isjust there flying =)

Having the GPMG link hang loose and extending the belt from additional link in a daysack is still more common amongst British forces than using a detachable bag or metal drum, even though they are available.

It's actually quite hard to find decent ref pics of the 'issued' drums and bags due to how infrequently they are used.

Did see a pic of a bloke from 1 LANCS with one of the metal drums recently, but can't remember where.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Test version is available from the Zeus TS server if you'd like to check it out.

Protegimus

could you please elaborate? Do you mean that I should register there to get a hold of it?

Anyway, to both parties, you guys rock. With the new brit models the UKF guns made the game for me.

if anyone can confirm the range drum settings for the optic, that would be great.

Range drum on the SUSAT?

First is 300m, then has settings for 4, 5, 6, 7 and 800m. da12th, they're fine as is without the adjustable sights mate.

I think all you have to do is run TS3 and log on the Zeus TS3 server and grab the files from the TS3 file browser.

Are you sure that first link is a brit? Our troops tend to sport DPM or MTP not olive drab.

EDIT:

Just been looking at the preview pics of the upcoming BAF DLC; I note the acogs are mounted on rails tha attach directly to the reciever as opposed to the raised positioning seen on your weapons. I was about to dismiss this as a foreign company taking shortcuts in the material then realised that the same sort of rails were present on the butt-ugly L86 on p12. Whos right here?

Edited by RabidStoat
Doing too many things at once

Are you sure that first link is a brit? Our troops tend to sport DPM or MTP not olive drab.

Israeli by the looks. I know they're very up on issuing detachable ammo pouches, where we are not.

The other pic's a Royal Marine but doesn't show the current GPMG bag-mag (which is almost white in colour)

Fact remains that the bags really aren't very common. If you go through pics of recent ops on

defenceimages

helmandblog

or

militaryphotos.net

You'll see most of the GPMGs have loose belts.

Did find the pic of the LANCS bloke with the metal drum though:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ac-M0_bqRHU/TFRFfpMftPI/AAAAAAAABdc/BD-bYIo-_ko/s1600/HQUKTF-2010-108-183.jpg

The drums have been around for decades but still aren't that commonly used.

Just been looking at the preview pics of the upcoming BAF DLC; I note the acogs are mounted on rails tha attach directly to the reciever as opposed to the raised positioning seen on your weapons. I was about to dismiss this as a foreign company taking shortcuts in the material then realised that the same sort of rails were present on the butt-ugly L86 on p12. Whos right here?

The funky cantilever mounts are what is used currently. Have a look through the links above.

In the UK we use a 19.5mm dovetail rail to attach sights so a ACOG picatinny mount wont attach directly to the rail. The rail was meant to be a NATO standard but only the UK and France use it widely. As a result we've bought ACOGs with a bespoke mount that allows the locking dowels on the mount to fit into the locator holes on the rail that were placed for SUSAT's eye-relief, while giving the correct eye-relief for the ACOG - hence the funky shape.

The MoD plans to simply issue an adapter that converts the dovetail to a picatinny rail so that modern sights can be fitted. The adapter is what is shown on that LSW pic, but the ACOG there isn't the one that's issued for the SA80 in Afghanistan so I'd assume it's just there to look cool. The UK has committed to replacing SUSAT with ELCAN Specter OS4x rather than ACOG (which is an interim sight for use in Afghanistan).

http://www.pukf.net/da12th/BAF/Weap/SA80/pica1.jpg

http://www.pukf.net/da12th/BAF/Weap/SA80/pica2.jpg

I'm not sure how much I can comment on the BAF weapons...

i you look on the 1st pic its is a brit it isnt olive drab its the green standard camo

Has this anything to do with the BAF DLC. I mean, why making this when BIS make it. Oh, i mean, this i definitly better than they could do this i guess.

But because i will make Sounds for the BAF DLC, i asking myself, could i just download this for "preparing" my Mod for DLC, thats why the question.

Jarhead

Has this anything to do with the BAF DLC.

No.

I mean, why making this when BIS make it.

Because we started it before they did and we enjoy creating addons for ourselves. We've also done a fair number of versions of the SA80 that BIS haven't.

But because i will make Sounds for the BAF DLC, i asking myself, could i just download this for "preparing" my Mod for DLC, thats why the question.

Jarhead

Well the the classnames, sounds and file paths will be completely different, so I doubt it'd be much use to you.

No.

Because we started it before they did and we enjoy creating addons for ourselves. We've also done a fair number of versions of the SA80 that BIS haven't.

Well the the classnames, sounds and file paths will be completely different, so I doubt it'd be much use to you.

Sry, dont wanted you to get this wrong. Was just an opinion.

Well, its a shame than. But nice is it anyway

Jarhead

Has this anything to do with the BAF DLC. I mean, why making this when BIS make it. Oh, i mean, this i definitly better than they could do this i guess.

Jarhead

Nothing to do with BAF DLC, the P:UKF have been making awesome British Addons since OFP.

And, lets face it, are likely to be far better than BAF from taking so much time on it!

who cares if he is a brit or not in dependon the ammo bag =)

who cares if he is a brit or not in dependon the ammo bag =)

Well considering the whole argument is about the use of metal drums/bags on the GPMG by British Armed Forces, it's slightly relevant.

CSM2 weapon sounds for P:UKF Weapons Pack is now available for download from the following location.

There are versions for both ArmA 2 and CO/OA.

For CO/OA, optional config updates / fixes are as follows:

Zero is adjustable for the SUSAT from: 3, 4, 6, 7 and 800m.

Emergency battle sight zero is reduced to 100m from 300m.

Zero is also adjustable for the L96A1 from: 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800, 900 & 1000m and the camera point is corrected so that your head isn't in front of the chamber which produced wierd effects (sonic cracks were audible when firing).

The bug with invisible 10 round 762x51 L96A1 clips in CO/OA is also fixed.

Finally, weapon dispersion is configured for L85A2 and L86A2 fire modes, taking into consideration the greater accuracy of the L86A2 LSW.

If anyone has feedback, please post it in the CSM2 thread to avoid spamming P:UKF's.

Protegimus

The second is definitely Israeli, 125-round ammo bag.

Used to be standard issue but for quite a few years already it had been taken out of service (at least outside of basic training though by now they might have taken it out of basic training as well) since no infantrymen in the IDF ever get sent anywhere carrying an M240 as their primary weapon, and the M240 is only used from static positions and mounted platforms - Just about any armored vehicle in the IDF has at least 1 M240 mounted on it and it's also used in static guard posts and sometimes on Humvees.

Anyone who actually tried carrying/firing an M240 can understand why not letting infantry carry it as their primary weapon is a sensible decision ;)

Anyone who actually tried carrying/firing an M240 can understand why not letting infantry carry it as their primary weapon is a sensible decision ;)

Or you can man up! :D

Could someone tell me the key combination to bring up the peep sights on the L85A2s + RIS & ACOG?

I'm playing with Combined Operations and so far all I've been able to work out is how to use the bipods and switch the LMM options, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to bring up those damn sights!

I've looked through the thread for answers by the way but I couldn't find any.

Any help appreciated!

And keep up the good work P:UKF ;)

Could someone tell me the key combination to bring up the peep sights on the L85A2s + RIS & ACOG?

I'm playing with Combined Operations and so far all I've been able to work out is how to use the bipods and switch the LMM options, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to bring up those damn sights!

I've looked through the thread for answers by the way but I couldn't find any.

Any help appreciated!

And keep up the good work P:UKF ;)

I just did a quick thread search using the search feature and found this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1702836&postcount=90

I think it's shift + f.

I just did a quick thread search using the search feature and found this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1702836&postcount=90

I think it's shift + f.

Fast reply!

But nah I've tried that, it just changes the LMM options for me, although I think the post you've linked may be able to help me somehow, so thanks anyway.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out, it was "/" on the number pad, no worries guys!

Edited by Dmahon

Post it when you find out. To be honest, I've never tried it. I've used the weapons often but never this function.