Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

Top quality gear, was lucky enough to test the betas.

Acogs with the CQB sights are brilliant on the L85, can accuratly take out targets at 600m.

Then the UGL with movable hand grips, such a small but great feature.

Please don't get mad at me but we are running Combine Ops on our server which do we need to use?

If you're running OA, use the OA version. OA runs when you play combined ops, right? ;)

Had fun beta testing these. Glad to see a successful public release.

Cheers for the effort ukf and co, many thanks looking and feeling sweet. :)

It's extremely unlikely that the L96 will ever be updated. The weapon is being retired from service having been replaced by the L115A3 as a sniper weapon and superseded by the L129A1 in its 'retirement' role as a marksman's rifle. - It's not worth the required effort to model a new one; we'd rather make stuff that's current.

The L96 only really remains in the pack so as not to break compatibility with missions using the older versions of the pack from before the L115 was released. I had half a mind not to put it in the OA version at all.

Leogecko - No need to our L115A3 has been released already.

The L96 is now largely redundant since the Sniper Improvement Program. Some tried to keep hold of it as a niche Marksmans Rifle but now the L129 has filled that capability gap.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Da12th beat me to it...

Okay no L96 update i can live with that lol! But the other Weapons are Very High Quality . Thank you again!

Realy nice work guys. Think we could see the extra sights to where its an single key instead of Shift+F? Got my Shift key as run, and i run when i try to use the different sight on the gun. Got my / key as change sight for OA weapons. Just thought that a different single key like your h, would be much more compatible to the user.

1in1class

If you download our OAH version then '/' will change the sights from the main optics to the EBS/Docter. This particular version is for those without oah

Lol sorry about that, thought the OA one was for the Combine only version. Thank you for the help. Top work on this guys keep it going.

Edited by 1in1class
fix

Realy nice work guys. Think we could see the extra sights to where its an single key instead of Shift+F? Got my Shift key as run, and i run when i try to use the different sight on the gun. Got my / key as change sight for OA weapons. Just thought that a different single key like your h, would be much more compatible to the user.

I wouldn't really know how to do that in the first place; I basically just edited norrin's script to use our classnames, I'mnot certain on how to change the fundamentals of it.

I think there's probably a fair chance that someone will be using whatever key we use.

Setting it in a userdata .hpp would possibly be a solution, but you'd have to discuss that with norrin not UKF.

Superb stuff, thanks for sharing.

The CQB sights, the new long-range rifle and the ability to choose laser or flash-light all deserve particular mention.

I wouldn't really know how to do that in the first place; I basically just edited norrin's script to use our classnames, I'mnot certain on how to change the fundamentals of it.

I think there's probably a fair chance that someone will be using whatever key we use.

Setting it in a userdata .hpp would possibly be a solution, but you'd have to discuss that with norrin not UKF.

All is good i dl the other pack thought that the OA was just for the combine version. OA weapon pack works as it should. Top work on this guys, keep it going.

Right sorry to spam the UKF threads but anyone using the ARMA2 Only version of my units and these weapons (so the ones w/o OA features) I have released updated configs (for ARMA2 and OA) in my thread:

Linky to updated configs

No problem mate, people will want to know, we will want them to know! :D

As ever, excellent work chaps - good to see you're continuing the traditional high standards.

The L96a1 sniper rifles don't work.

1. If i try to equip any "L96a1 rifle" I get: Cannot Load texture ukf_ukweps\black_sum.pac.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/usmc-flea/ArmA2OAukfbug.jpg

2. It also has graphical glitches.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/usmc-flea/ArmA2OAukfbug2.jpg

3. This is all i see when i try to use the scope (Is like someone put a whit pice of paper in front of the scope).

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/usmc-flea/ArmA2OAukfbug3.jpg

I'm playing on ArmA 2:CO (Steam)

Using: UKF_OA_1.0

Edited by Jonn

The L96s are an old OFP model left in as to not break compatability for the people who used the old OFP ports when ArmA2 first came out. They're not a supported addon, as the rifle itself has been made obsolete. Not to say we're ignoring all broken bits, but we'd prefer to spend our time on stuff that has a future. I recommend you simply do not use it, and instead use the L115, which is now filling the L96a's old role. In retrospect it probably was a mistake to leave them in the crate, but nevermind.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101028

Edited by Pathy

The L96s are an old OFP model left in as to not break compatability for the people who used the old OFP ports when ArmA2 first came out. They're not a supported addon, as the rifle itself has been made obsolete. Not to say we're ignoring all broken bits, but we'd prefer to spend our time on stuff that has a future. I recommend you simply do not use it, and instead use the L115, which is now filling the L96a's old role. In retrospect it probably was a mistake to leave them in the crate, but nevermind.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101028

Oh, Sorry I didn't know this FPDR, I have the L115 addon so ill just use it :D

The L96 problems are no-doubt due to us changing the name of the OA weapon pack .pbos at the last minute.

Originally both the OA version and 1.1 of the ArmA 2 pack were both called ukf_ukweps.pbo, but we figured releasing 2 versions of the same addon simultaneously could be confusing - leading to us renaming and repathing the weapon pack for OA. Paths in other .pbos obviously haven't been changed in our bid to get the release out ASAP.

I'll fix all this eventually, but in the meantime one solution would be to download the ArmA 2 pack, version 1.1 and install ukf_ukweps.pbo but not ukf_ukweps_cfg.pbo.

Sorry for the inconvenience - serves us right for leaving things to the last minute.:(