Sign in to follow this  
-Shifty-

"Receiving" screen then nothing

Hey all,

So whenever I play Warfare, which I've only been playing recently so I don't know if there's anything else this error would occur on. I will just be walking around or driving, then suddenly I'll get the "Receiving" black screen and it will flash then come again, then flash then come again, etc...

Basically, it's like it's repeating itself over and over with nothing happening. So after 3 big village attacks ruining from having to leave the game, I'm furious.

So, does anybody know how to fix this issue? The only thing I changed was set the video memory to "Default" and general graphics on "Medium" despite my GTX260 core 216.

So you can imagine I'm pretty mad I can't have this thing running on high after spending 250$ on a video card to run this game.

Please somebody help me, I just reinstalled and I keep getting it! Basically it says receiving, then the screen goes black, then it says receiving again, and it continues over and over and doesn't stop!

use the search function(but this DAMNED bug isnt solved yet)

Shifty, your not alone, since 1.03 this one is actually getting worse for me personally! Yesterday while playing MP with 1.04.59210 Beta I had exactly what you describe and then a CTD. Before I've always managed to get back in to the game after 10-15 seconds of Receiving... without CTD but not this time.

I'm also using a GTX 260 and run with memory set to "Default". Will try other memory settings later but IIRC there was other issues (worse LOD/texture loading etc) if I didn't use "Default" memory settings.

Really hope BIS have this high on their prio list! I have saved the dumpfiles (if anyone interested ?) and below is parts of the RTP-file..

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,256x256 (size 87376 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\chernarus\data\layers\m_023_017_lca.paa:1)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\chernarus\data\layers\m_023_021_lca.paa:1)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\chernarus\data\layers\m_023_017_lca.paa:1)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\chernarus\data\layers\m_023_021_lca.paa:1)

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 116 KB, error 8

Virtual free 19603456 B, page free 1597493248 B, physical free 791015424 B

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 120 KB, error 8

Virtual free 19603456 B, page free 1597493248 B, physical free 791015424 B

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 124 KB, error 8

Virtual free 19603456 B, page free 1597493248 B, physical free 791011328 B

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 128 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 132 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 136 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 140 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 144 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 148 KB, error 8

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 152 KB, error 8File read error: addons\sounds.pbo,ERROR_NOACCESS

Virtual free 19603456 B, page free 1597935616 B, physical free 791298048 B

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00A18BEA

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

VB Lock failed, E_FAIL

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Well I've never let it go for more then 20 seconds. What happens is it's 'receiving' then flashes and goes back to 'receiving'.

it's a shame, it's ruined countless games, including just now what I had a nice big squad attacking a town.

Also try, Shift + Numpad Minus (-) then F L U S H

You'll see a message on your screen if you did it right. It's supposed to clear your video memory cache.

Try deleting Documents\ArmA2\arma2.cfg

After the game creates a new one, check that localVRAM=1068449792;

1068449792 bytes = 0.995071411 GB, so make sure the number of bytes is slightly less than the amount of RAM on your video card (don't double the value even if you have SLI)

Some other tweaks:

Change:

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

To be equal to:

Resolution_W=1440;

Resolution_H=900;

Try lowering:

HDRPrecision=8;

Also try banging your head against a wall.

The only thing that fixed this for me after weeks and dozens of hours of frustration was a brand new install on a clean HDD of Windows 7, never seen the problem appear again and it has been about 2 months since the fresh install.

BIS will never fix this so stop trying, new install of OS will fix it or shelve the game, sorry for harshness of speech but these are the plain facts.

Just a shame, this is a great game (For once, ArmA was dog crap tbh)

I'm just trying to translate everything TCP told me. I'll try the Flush thing first.

Just a brief update! Since Charlie Foxtrott campaign #1 is about to start I started to fiddle with my settings to see if things changed and after changing my Video memory from "Default" (which I've been using for a long time) to "Very high" the darn "Receiving..." bug/issue seems to be improved.

It's still to early to say if this fixed it completely since I only managed to play MP 4-5 times since I changed settings but it surely seems improved, before I usually had the "Receiving..." bug/issue once every game and so far so good...

However, having "Video memory = Very high" gives me worse LOD/texture loading/swapping but I guess thats better than the Receiving... and potentially a CTD bug/issue.

Windows XP Pro SP 2 (32-bit)

GeForce GTX 260-216 896 MB

nVidia ForceWare drivers (Version 182.50 WHQL)

Edit: Just want to add I'm testing with the 1.04.59210 Beta (since 1.04.59323 is a disaster performance wise for me).

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Also try banging your head against a wall.

The only thing that fixed this for me after weeks and dozens of hours of frustration was a brand new install on a clean HDD of Windows 7, never seen the problem appear again and it has been about 2 months since the fresh install.

BIS will never fix this so stop trying, new install of OS will fix it or shelve the game, sorry for harshness of speech but these are the plain facts.

what??!!:eek:what is your source?please someone "official" can say something to prevent my heart to collapse?:butbut:

Well I found a fix. I left everything the way it was and every couple minutes I hit Shift + Num. Pad "Minus" then F L U S H as mentioned earlier.

The problem hasn't occurred once and I play all the time on MP warfare.

So thank you so much for that code!

Well I found a fix. I left everything the way it was and every couple minutes I hit Shift + Num. Pad "Minus" then F L U S H as mentioned earlier.

Will try that approach as well and set Video memory back to "Default" since I really hate that the LOD/texture popping/swapping gets even worse when using High/Very high, it's already pretty bad as it is!

BTW: I've also updated to latest nVidia 191.07 WHQL that supposedly is optimized for ArmA II but they haven't done much for me FPS wise...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I would like to know what OS and system RAM amount the "long receivers" have?

xp 32 pro and 2 gigs here

Windows XP Pro SP 2 (32-bit)

2 x 1 GB 1066 MHz DRAM

GeForce GTX 260-216 896 MB

nVidia ForceWare drivers 191.07 WHQL (before 182.50 WHQL)

Running 1.04.59210 Beta

/KC

Receiving............

still not fix it in 1.04

Clever consumer will not buy it

because really fxxxing poor........!!

We can't pay the game unplayable and just for HIGH-END SPEC(i7+SLI:yay:) only:(

Thats why I just bought ARMA1

Edited by Hker

Receiving............

still not fix it in 1.04

Clever consumer will not buy it

Really so fxxxing poor........!!

We can't pay the game unplayable and just for HIGH-END SPEC(i7+SLI:yay:) only:(

The problem hasn't occurred once and I play all the time on MP warfare.

So thank you so much for that code!

Maybe that could fix your problem aswell...

Still no fix for receiving screen, that's epic !

I guess you didn't even spent 5 min reading around the forum, you just noticed a thread with same problem as you and thought "hey i wanna make a useless post here".

more info on OS and System ram would be helpfull. Thn Keykat and Aelin

atomouss was one of the first players who addressed this bug,he posted his rig in old threads.Clearly this bug made him upset:atomouss you arent alone!

ArmA is very bad at handling memory. Besides setting VRAM manually as I mentioned before or trying different video memory settings in Options as was also mentioned, there's one more fix you can try. On your ArmA2 shortcut, try the command line:

-maxmem=2000

If that still doesn't work, lower it to 1000. This setting is different from video memory, its for system memory. Usually, it only prevents crashes with the error Out Of Memory, but might help with the receiving error.

atomouss was one of the first players who addressed this bug,he posted his rig in old threads.Clearly this bug made him upset:atomouss you arent alone!

Thank you Aelin, nice to read you \o/

@JW Custom : you'd better read the forum before posting such "epic posts".

I can't count the times I posted all kind of specs related to this major bug, still no answer from BIS, that's epic !

All kind of computer, with all kind of components have this bug, so why should I post my specs 10 times more ?