Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

% of game time decrease

Just wondering how many folk have reduced the amount of hours put into this game since its release ?

Personally I was trying to play this every chance I got and most the weekend spare time I got was to play this game, this has now changed and I only dip in and out every 1-2 weeks. Not sure if its due to the bugs, performance etc. or what but feel that I don't have the time to find a game, try and tweak the settings to match the server to get a smoothish gameplay experience and find a team to play with etc.

I've even spent more time now on Fallout 3 which feel much vaster.

I do hope that the expansion will bring my interested back next year or a wonder patch to give a performance boost but as already stated by BIS my system will just not cut it.

Fallen to 76.32% of the originally 100% playtime...... seriously, i dont know lol. But now i'm spending much more time in the editor than playing :)

Edited by JW Custom

almost 90%, not that the game itself is bad, it just that there isnt that much mission based coop server around, and I am basicly too tired to play any game after a full day working

Yea, I have a hard time doing anything but sleep, let alone play.

I've put off going to the firing range now for a good 3 weeks :/

I usually play it when the missus is watching rubbish programs on the TV and i cant use my Xbox :D

Waiting for DR to arrive through the post, so Arma2 may drop a bit when that happens.

almost 90%, not that the game itself is bad, it just that there isnt that much mission based coop server around, and I am basicly too tired to play any game after a full day working

Same here. The game isnt "bad" or anything. But it just started to be more frustrating then rewarding. If I find a game that is descent it many times enough gets plagued either by bugs or people that do nothing else but kill the time for others with vehicles killing in spawn and other stupid behaviour. A few other things are also preference I guess. Almost every server I played so far just had 2 missions present (and it seems people always voted for them even ...) so I was missing variations. Everyone runing around with anti air/anti vehicle weapons by default and always the same "clear Chernogorks/next town ..." missions against the AI.

I might give a look in to this game again when most of the things are fixed. Mabybe patch 1.8 ?

Probably 75%, mostly caused by the fact that i barely game at all now. (Few hours a week at most)

I tried a couple of other games since the ArmA2 release though, and this is still easily the most interesting game i have. (With Third Age:Total War being a close second)

Im still playing it a lot,although its dropped off slightly as the game isnt shiny & new to me anymore, thats not to say I think any worse of it because I think its an awesome game, but theres only so much military shooter you can take before you fancy building a city or conquering a civilisation in a different game altogether

In September I didn't play games more than 3-4 hours the entire month but those 3-4h were spent playing only ARMA2. So I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing...

Currently I'm checking the forums daily and waiting for some addon packs to be released, this will surely increase my appetite for ARMA2.

Same here. The game isnt "bad" or anything. But it just started to be more frustrating then rewarding. If I find a game that is descent it many times enough gets plagued either by bugs or people that do nothing else but kill the time for others with vehicles killing in spawn and other stupid behaviour. A few other things are also preference I guess. Almost every server I played so far just had 2 missions present (and it seems people always voted for them even ...) so I was missing variations. Everyone runing around with anti air/anti vehicle weapons by default and always the same "clear Chernogorks/next town ..." missions against the AI.

I might give a look in to this game again when most of the things are fixed. Mabybe patch 1.8 ?

What you are looking for is a mission based COOP(or PVP coop, which is slightly different then normal PvP), for me, those maps are the most rewarding even if the team cant finish the mission in OFP, too bad now adays fastfood players seems to only do EVO, DOM and warfare, which is just not the way this game should have been gone IMO

Edited by 4 IN 1

Just about every day for a wee bit. One of the greatest advantages of SP FTW

Don't have to try and co ordinate playing times.

Don't have to try and find a server playing what I want to play.

Don't have to try and find a server playing what I want to play with a reasonable ping.

Don't have to try and find a server playing what I want to play populated with others willing to work as a team.

and most of all..

even though the AI does have it's faults , none of them are anywhere near as bad as the faults found on pub servers populated by FPS rejects running around blowing things up and shooting everything that moves.

To be honest, i would rather play a co-op server with only 6 people on it, who play well as a team, then some crazy warfare server, with a squillion people on it, all doing the rambo thing and generally having no order at all.

The turning point for me, was after spending around 12 hours on the demo, i joined a multiplayer game and hit the jackpot, with another 4 people who were play EXACTLY how it is supposed to be done, it was awesome, i spent an hour and a half with them and only killed one bloke :D

After that i saw the light and bought the game the next day :)

I have only found 2 servers so far that i like, kellys heros, and another one with -=WHB=- or something like that in the title (cant remember exactly what its called and i have been on it twice) :D

Been on plenty of bad servers so far :(

For me there is only so much of this game that i can handle when my processor is 1/2 a gig slower than the minimum requirements :D

I play it at friends houses though

Still playing weekly, but i'm not the kind of guy that plays just one game all the time, i need my diversion.

Sometimes i just dont have the time or the patience and i'll be off playing something else, another shooter just to get in some kills, and when i'm bored with that (usually very quickly) i'll usually get back to the game, editing or playing in co-op.

Otherwise i'm coasting around a bit in Audiosurf.

But right now, Risen is gonna swallow up a lot of time! Risen, here i come!

To be honest, i would rather play a co-op server with only 6 people on it, who play well as a team, then some crazy warfare server, with a squillion people on it, all doing the rambo thing and generally having no order at all.

The turning point for me, was after spending around 12 hours on the demo, i joined a multiplayer game and hit the jackpot, with another 4 people who were play EXACTLY how it is supposed to be done, it was awesome, i spent an hour and a half with them and only killed one bloke :D

After that i saw the light and bought the game the next day :)

I have only found 2 servers so far that i like, kellys heros, and another one with -=WHB=- or something like that in the title (cant remember exactly what its called and i have been on it twice) :D

Been on plenty of bad servers so far :(

Dude! the SAME THING happened to me!

I used to play this game, basically as much as i could fit into my schedule. Now though, i don't play it as much... mostly for the lack of teamplay on MP

Dude! the SAME THING happened to me!

I used to play this game, basically as much as i could fit into my schedule. Now though, i don't play it as much... mostly for the lack of teamplay on MP

The lad who was giving out the orders did comment at the time that he was quite surprised that no rambo types were in the game, i did not have a clue what i was doing :D

What was quite amusing was that the whole team got killed, i did not know half the buttons, i had no idea what to do, or how to type messages into the chat window, so i walked around corner and got blown to hell by a tank pmsl!

I agree with other posters here that say they want smaller squad based coop missions. Domination and Evo is OK, so is TVT but they lack a certain element that playing cooperatively holds for me.

One aspect is the immersion of realism. Take for example a well made mission for 8 players say. The mission is to blow up a fuel dump. Now in TVT the enemy know you are coming but in Coop the AI act as though they have been patrolling that same piece of ground for weeks allowing more immersion from the side of a stealth attack mission say.

Couple this together with a good team using good comms and you can almost imagine that you're there. Games like domination are great for just getting in and shooting stuff up but they lack the depth of a good mission. TVT is great for the human factor but seem constrained in their planning or time limits. I also think humans react a lot better in games than they ever would in real life which is why coop against AI usually wins for me.

Anyone in interested in gaming with us over at Team Element is always welcome - check out our website :)

Having only played Arma 2, i must admit that after weeks of tweaking and upgrading. The game is starting to wind-down. I've gone from playing as much possible(when its new), to playing it just a few hours per week, which i suppose is to be expected. The thing i noticed most was the online play, after playing various servers, i cannot understand playing against bots...as good as they are,wots the point? after all you play multiplayer for one reason. The best i've had out of the game is a small group of friends,connecting to my cumputer and having a great time, over a MOD mission. All in all,a great game,stunning even,when it all goes right,it just doesnt happen often enough. Maybe in the future patches it will get better.

dunno about %. But yes, it feels that OFP>ArmA>ArmA2 in terms of community interest, as well as time played.

You hardly ever find a proper pub server for a quick game (excluding the domination, evolution and other non-teamplay missions), and the private servers i have access to are more or less empty most of the times...

I would play it more but every time I go on it and start enjoying it my brother kicks me off the computer to play The Sims 3... bastard.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I've never actually played this online, I really want to though, you should just get a handful of like minded people to do a co-op server, you know what you're getting then, peace.

Having only played Arma 2, i must admit that after weeks of tweaking and upgrading. The game is starting to wind-down. I've gone from playing as much possible(when its new), to playing it just a few hours per week, which i suppose is to be expected. The thing i noticed most was the online play, after playing various servers, i cannot understand playing against bots...as good as they are,wots the point? after all you play multiplayer for one reason. The best i've had out of the game is a small group of friends,connecting to my cumputer and having a great time, over a MOD mission. All in all,a great game,stunning even,when it all goes right,it just doesnt happen often enough. Maybe in the future patches it will get better.

AIs in those CTI based coop MP are not scripted to do things, thats why they are boring and quite pointless, once after scripting them to do things however, would make them totally different, because they will do unpredictable things from time to time(which unlike playing TvT, you basicly knows if the other team is coming to own you while AI on the other hand might be totally un-aware of your present), which makes the same mission always different from the last time you play

It went from 100% to 0% over the course of 3 months I havent started up the game in 1 month now I just cant be botherd with it anymore. The workload of having to get it working properly and having fun has become to big.

I have to limit myself or I'd get nothing else done.

Haven't played it for more than 5 minutes in the past 2-3 months. Like other posters have said, it's too much work and not enough reward. I've been playing 8+ year old games instead....

arma 2 is simply too powerful to call it "game" so my approach is very slow.Also my time is limited and i have to choose between these 2 options atm:

1)play a quick fight just to shoot down enemies

2)learn how to use editor,dw addons and combine it in various way(in a long perspective this is the best option cos it ll allow me to make my personal scenarios)