Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk crisis

Thanks all :)

Yup, through almost 2 years i have managed to "visit" different parts of Arma editing, i have tried almost everything :D

Some interesting info (if you did not saw it on official website) through almost whole campaign you will have a task to find some highly classified enemy intel, once you will found it, mission will print you access code into rpt file or you will just need to remember it / copy it from diary note (there will be all instructions for using this access code + of course that intel). But because of amount of information there, i have managed to create a special section on the official website (will be launched with release) called NAC HQ, you will be able to use your code from mission / rpt log file and read all information without to be actually ingame, much better formatted :)

Cant wait, always been a fan of Namalsk and have been wondering when the campaign was coming :3, I'm sure it will be excellent when it comes out. Also cant wait to see the mutants ingame!!!

Cant wait, always been a fan of Namalsk and have been wondering when the campaign was coming :3, I'm sure it will be excellent when it comes out. Also cant wait to see the mutants ingame!!!

Anyway, some info about progress, campaign and modification was finished (all things / bugs mentioned in my todo list are completed :p) yesterday and it is undergoing final pre-release tests. :)

Great work Sumrak, looking forward to this very much! Do you know how large the size of the campaign and modification files will be?

Great work Sumrak, looking forward to this very much! Do you know how large the size of the campaign and modification files will be?

Thanks, for now its about 650MB (packed) (unpacked ~820MB) (and if you don't have CO, you will need to download a small Arma II classic patch), one of the biggest problems are now ogg files with music (it's for now almost 1/3 of size of extracted campaign and mod :D), i have used over 68 tracks, i will experiment with their quality, if size be little lower, but i don't want to screw it much, with OA its fine, but in classic Arma II, overall sound quality is not the best :( (so, i'm trying to keep quality higher)

I know alot of people turn off ingame music. Any chance for a "light" version with out the music files? If not it's all good.

I like the music, but I turn it way down so it provides ambiance. The right music can really set the mood for any mod, mission or campaign.

I don't mind the larger download, it should be worth it.

The music is excellent, hey whats a couple of hundred MB between this & that ?

I like the color options too...

long live the Terabyte!! I will download it even if its 50GB and takes me half a week. Well at least as long as it gets 25 fps min ingame :P (though Prototype has a point, my music is NORMALLY off or very quiet [but I'll make sure its on while I play to appreciate the full scale of your work])

I know alot of people turn off ingame music.

Look, to be honest I always turn the music off in any game. But this mod has a certain atmosphere that requires the music, even if soft. And it really suits the event taking place.

Of course, when the music fades out and your left with just the ambient sounds?

You'll wish there was music again lol.....

It's like going to the theater. The music sets the mood and is supposed to trigger some emotional response. The right music at the right time can make or break a good movie. Just imagine Star Wars without John Williams, or

without it's trademark theme. Music can be as important in a game as it is in a movie. Especially if it's timed to help tell the story or keyed to certain events to let you know something is happening and how you're supposed to react.

exactly! take eagle wing, it just would not be the same with out those music tracks. or in PMC in the mission TERMINATION. the music builds the mood

(and if some of you played EW with music turned off, i suggest that you fix that :p)

it all comes down to the right track at the right time.

i keep ctd'ing whenever i try to load namalsk =/

am i missing something? i downloaded namalsk with the night stalkers in it, and grey sky (works fine but im in chernarus still)

i dont get a missing content message just a ctd at the end of the loading screen...

Check your rpt file to see what errors you are getting. Need more information if you want help fixing it.

i keep ctd'ing whenever i try to load namalsk =/

am i missing something? i downloaded namalsk with the night stalkers in it, and grey sky (works fine but im in chernarus still)

i dont get a missing content message just a ctd at the end of the loading screen...

This might be helpful for you :)

The arma2.rpt, arma2.bidmp and arma2.mdmp files are located in your -profiles root directory, or if used without this parameter then it can be found in these default locations:

WINDOWS XP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

WINDOWS VISTA / 7: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2

am i looking for something specific? this things pretty big. i see mostly ACE stuff, most of them are from me not having the m2a2 from OA i think, im missing RHs 417s but neither of those have caused a crash....

am i looking for something specific? this things pretty big. i see mostly ACE stuff, most of them are from me not having the m2a2 from OA i think, im missing RHs 417s but neither of those have caused a crash....

Hi, it is possible, that something causing crash without mentioning something useful in rpt file. Have you tried load Namalsk without any other addons? You can try also limit exclude some mod folders / single addons (for example not needed for campaign) and try it again? maybe there could be some conflict between some addons and Namalsk.

Sumrak

Hi Sumrak !

Cant wait for your Mod... :D

Looks great and i just have to get your mutants module (Zombies!).

Ok guys. Just back to the music discussion for a sec. I really recommend people who automatically turn off music (myself) don't.

The music isn't running the whole time and Sumrak has done a brilliant job of an even dose of music and ambient effects. The amount of times i have been squeezing my sphincter walking around in wait of something freaky to happen or have literally soiled myself is getting hard to count. And it’s all thanks to the mood set by effects and music.

Sumrak has put a lot of work into this campaign and to be honest (and I’ve played most of the ones on offer, even starred in one ;) ) this campaign is right up there with say, FDF in terms of creativity, immersion and overall quality. Namalsk has never looked so good.

Grub.

Was just playing on namalsk island, and thought of this. How's the progress going Sumrak? I commend you for your work thus far, looking very forward to it.

Yeah, i hope we will playing this great mod soon... :D

Having busy days now, anyway, campaign is still in testing (and it goes well), once the pre-release test will be completed, I will release it. :)

Still hoping in release before actual campaign story will begin (check timer on website). But it is still on testers, when the tests will be completed, it will be ready.

I will prepare some release texts and other stuff in meanwhile :p

Sumrak

Still hoping in release before actual campaign story will begin (check timer on website). But it is still on testers, when the tests will be completed, it will be ready.

Tamika will step on the surface of namalsk in 24 days.

Shit! No pressure lol :p

Edited by Grub

As you maybe saw on the official website, we have managed to complete the pre-release test of the whole campaign! Overall test went without serious problems, some things were changed / added and the campaign is now ready to release! Thanks goes to Grub for excellent cooperation and help with corrections during testing :)

You have probably saw counter on the right top, so, you probably know, but, I will make it official and cofirmed, release is no longer TBA,

Namalsk Crisis campaign & [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk & Namalsk v1.11 coming in one package 10.05. 2011!

Sumrak