Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk crisis

Hi,

how is the work going on Sumrak ?

Hi,

Currently still working on campaign, i increased count of missions to 24 and campaign will be also little nonlinear :rolleyes:

I want to have all missions fine & without bugs, this take a some time, but, i think, in result will be awesome :)

I'm really enjoying mission editing for ArmA II, there is exactly everything, what i imagined to have for creating missions :)

Maybe i can post in future some screenshots.

Sumrak

it would be good to see some of the progress you have made sumrak. :)

it would be good to see some of the progress you have made sumrak. :)

I can maybe post some screenshots from missions, but, i don't want to share too much spoilers :rolleyes:

I have some screenshots prepared, i try to make next and then post here :)

Unfortunately, i can't record some video from some mission, because my laptop is not capable to record avi's in ArmA II (i don't have much fps in video) :(

Sumrak

cool, look forward to it.

how did you end up dealing with the protection from blowouts?

also, the link in your sig to the web site is broken, it has '\ /' at the end

cool, look forward to it.

how did you end up dealing with the protection from blowouts?

also, the link in your sig to the web site is broken, it has '\ /' at the end

Protection against blowouts is currently possible only with protection device, but, i have some idea to include also protection in buildings, but, currently, the highest priority have campaign... (and in campaign it's little different than in normal mission with module)

btw.: Thanks, signature fixed :)

Sumrak

@ Sumrak

It would be cool if you could explain how your zombies and bloodsuckers work.

You wrote that there will be a module.

Can you tell me what will be the difference between your and the "UNDEAD MOD" Zombies if possible ?

Edited by Wiggum

It would be cool if you could explain how your zombies and bloodsuckers work.

You wrote that there will be a module.

Can you tell me what will be the difference between your and the "UNDEAD MOD" Zombies if possible ?

You will find mutants under neutrals, there is special faction called Mutants, you can choose from various type of zombies or bloodsuckers, simply insert on the map and start mission (no additional module or scripts in mission required), mutants scripts will be automatically initialized and they start searching for a target :)

Zombies are a normal zombies, with proper animation and trying to kill someone..

Bloodsuckers are invisible by default.. they loose invisibility only if they try to attack someone (like in stalker), you can only listen their steps and some randomly generated sound :rolleyes:

Yes, in Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk you will find a module, which allows to you spawn mutants on the map, it is like animals module, but, this module inserting group of zombies and some single bloodsuckers :)

Differences between "UNDEAD MOD" Zombies and my?

Hmm, i think, my scripts are not that complicated, i have very simple scripts for basic mutant action (find and kill targets).. i don't have some infection system, which is in Undead mod, and maybe Charon did a more things :) (i don't know exactly)

It is because i'm beginner in scripting, so, my scripts are simple, but, they are working and doing, what i need :)

Sumrak

Edited by Sumrak

Wow Sumrak, that sounds great !

I cant wait to try them out, thats exactly what i was looking for.

you got the bloodsuckers to be invisible? cool, how did you manage that? i mean is there still the tell till give away of those glowing white eyes, or what?

it sounds awesome, maybe you should make a video of that!

Excited to try this, yours and Sled88's addon. Good luck on finishing it = ).

Thanks all :)

you got the bloodsuckers to be invisible? cool, how did you manage that? i mean is there still the tell till give away of those glowing white eyes, or what?

it sounds awesome, maybe you should make a video of that!

Bloodsucker is fully invisible, my script changing textures for model (setObjectTexture), for invisibility is simple alpha channel texture - i tried to make bloodsucker little visible, but, i get weird results, i think, it is not possible in ArmA II (make transparent texture on that complex model). But, i can edit model and try to edit his eyes visible and maybe glowing ;) That's good idea :p

And i can try to make some video, but, before i have some things to do, for example on bloodsucker, i need to make him faster in attack :) but also, as i said before, i don't have pc, i have only laptop for ArmA II = not too much fps in recording :D

Sumrak

Sumrak its so good that you plan to iron out your campaign before release, your work is much appreciated and anticipated, I'm really hanging to play this your vids so ar are just awesome. :D

Silly question I know, but how compatible with other mods (such as ACE) will this be?

Sumrak its so good that you plan to iron out your campaign before release, your work is much appreciated and anticipated, I'm really hanging to play this your vids so ar are just awesome. :D

:) thanks

Silly question I know, but how compatible with other mods (such as ACE) will this be?

I don't tested it yet, but, i think, on 99% will be modification compatible with ACE2 and other mods, i don't see problems in this now ;)

In final status before release, i will try to make some tests, if will be problems, i try to fix it :)

Sumrak

Hi, as i promised, here it is..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKa4kHXZxPU&hl=cs_CZ&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKa4kHXZxPU&hl=cs_CZ&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

(sorry for small hw lags, as i said before, i have only laptop for editing)

This video shows mutants from Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk, these mutants will be used in Namalsk Crisis campaign, which is currently in progress.

From the video you can see bloodsucker mutant, which is normally invisible, in attacking not, he is very fast and deadly, you can also see zombies, they are slow and stupid, but, they can of course also attack you.

Mutants have some randomly generated sounds and also edited hitsounds.

You can also see spawning module, which allows to you make mission more dynamic.

But, i think, video says more than my words ;-)

I hope, you will like it.

Credits goes to the gsc for the bloodsucker model, textures for zombies / bloodsucker, sounds and teaCup for awesome zombie animation, The rest - scripting, models, configs, etc... by me :rolleyes:

Edit: some screenshots :)

mut1_small.jpg mut2_small.jpg mut3_small.jpg

Sumrak

Edited by Sumrak

Looks very promising. Zombie animation could maybe be a bit smoother but that's proabably very hard to achieve. Also can you make the zombie AI as simple as possible? I'm sure many would like to create some defense scenarios where you fight off hundreds of zombies and this would need zombies that don't hog resources as much as default infantry does.

Looks very promising. Zombie animation could maybe be a bit smoother but that's proabably very hard to achieve. Also can you make the zombie AI as simple as possible? I'm sure many would like to create some defense scenarios where you fight off hundreds of zombies and this would need zombies that don't hog resources as much as default infantry does.

Thanks, yes, with anims its hard, i'm glad, that zombies have some custom animation teaCup did a great job, its very hard to create anim like this.

Yes, i tried to make them simply.. (from the older post)...i think, my scripts are not that complicated, i have very simple scripts for basic mutant action (find and kill targets).

It is because i'm beginner in scripting, so, my scripts are simple, but, they are working and doing, what i need :)

Sumrak

do the zombies and bloodsuckers "perceive" like normal AIs where they have to hear or see an enemy before they engage, or do they automatically target the nearest attackable thing regardless of distance or concealment?

awesome vid by the way

do the zombies and bloodsuckers "perceive" like normal AIs where they have to hear or see an enemy before they engage, or do they automatically target the nearest attackable thing regardless of distance or concealment?

awesome vid by the way

Thanks ;) Mutants searching for targets at the set max distance and attacking nearest possible target.

WOW! awesome update!! Please release these before the campaign! You say the campaign will be done sometime near June, I cant wait that long, I've been waiting since ArmA II came out for some good mutants.