Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk crisis

Hi everyone, after ~2 years, finally.. I want to share with you information about release - campaign called Namalsk Crisis along with [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk mod. Maybe you have already heard about this modification and maybe also you already tried some older version in ArmA 1 (but that was really only alpha release in compare to current version). Anyway, back to the campaign - with release of the version of Nightstalkers mod for the ArmA 1, I released also some kind of prologue for the campaign called Namalsk Crisis...

NOW, in Arma II, I'm releasing a full version of this campaign along with full version of [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. Campaign featuring 22 missions with a unique atmosphere, situations, scenes and excellent music!

A part of this campaign is also reworked prologue from ArmA 1 version and if you were angry about how prologue ended in ArmA 1, don't worry, you are now able to find out more, what happened!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE TOPIC http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118731

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Counter on the official website just stopped and that means..

(This campaign can be played in realtime! :-D)

Tamika Maclemar just landed on Namalsk, trying find out, what happened! Join her and discover secrets of Namalsk!

Fight in unique world's superpowers co-operation against evil corporation NAC!

Map of this post

Namalsk Crisis

Description of Namalsk Crisis campaign

Important notes for gameplay (please read)

Screenshots

Trailers

[Nightstalkers]

Shadow of Namalsk

Description

Namalsk v1.11

Factions

Editor modules

Editor's depot

Download

Instructions

Credits

Download links

logo_arma2nc_ca.png

[Arma 2: Namalsk Crisis]

[campaign for Arma II or Arma II CO]

[Current status: Released]

[Current version: 1.00]

ncr_06_small.jpg ncko34_small.jpg ncko26_small.jpg

A lot of other nice screenshots from the gameplay

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_nc_screens

0pYF3J6QHDw

[Newest trailer for Namalsk Crisis]

[Older trailer]

Description

Namalsk Crisis is a campaign for Arma II or Arma II Combined Operations with over 22 missions. You will be a part of the conflict on the island called Namalsk. Namalsk become as a target for an unknown corporation called NAC (Namalsk corporation). After several months of researches on an unknow alien object, which they found on Namalsk, with a very dangerous experiments, armies of Russia and USA are trying to stop them. Unfortunately, they don't know with whom have honor.

You are able to see the whole conflict from different sides and different people, for example members of private scientist and military group called Nightstalkers, special forces team of USMC, with leader Ryan Goben or also Russian specnaz attack group with leader Yevgeniy Pecharov! You will face different situations, missions have a very strong atmosphere with wisely chosen music and various sound and graphic effects. Situation is described in ingame diary notes and task descriptions and also, you can find a lot of information on the main website - http://www.nightstalkers.cz (factions, Namalsk history)!

Campaign was created mostly under normal Arma II, anyway, you can play also under Combined Operations version (Arma II + Arma II OA). Campaign is fully depending on the content of the modification called [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk. So, campaign is released with this modification together in version v1.0, more informations about everything about this mod and its unique features, visit http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_son.php or scroll down.

Along with campaign release is also included unique CTI SP/MP mission (based on Benny's excellent warfare mission), set on Namalsk, with edited sides and additional functions. This warfare mission featuring united forces of USA and Russian Federation, trying to stop NAC and their experiments and the NAC, which are trying to hold Namalsk and their researches with everything.

For more detailed information about this wafare mission, continue here > http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_nc_warfare.

Tip!

Through whole campaign, you will have a task to find highly classified enemy intel about what NAC actually doing on Namalsk and what's going at all there.

Once you will found it, mission will print you access code into rpt file[/rul] or you will just need to remember it / copy it from diary note (there will be all instructions for using this access code + of course that intel).

But because of amount of information there, I have managed to create a special section on the official website called NAC HQ, you will be able to use your code from mission / rpt log file and read all information without to be actually ingame, much better formatted.

Campaign in few points

- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO

- 4 prologue missions + 18 main missions

- Unique warfare mission focused on showing story from the campaign!

- Atmospheric missions with wisely chosen music and sounds

- Unique features, situations (such as escape from the A2 underground) and sound / graphics effects

- Including non-linear features

- Swift gameplay

- Full background of story provided on http://www.nightstalkers.cz and continuing also in-game with diary notes and task description

- Tremendous count of texts avaiable in English or Czech language (see below for more information about language)

- Loading pictures for every mission (showed only in CO)

- Playing from different persons, you can see the conflict from different sides

- Unique factions, characters (for example private company Nightstalkers and Tamika Maclemar)

Notes about gameplay

* It is recommended to have music turned on during gameplay ˇ Read player's opinion on music in this campaign ˇ

* It is also recommended to have post process effects at least on low

* Autosaves are placed where it is needed

* Campaign went through numerous of beta tests, missions should be without bugs

* I have tried to make mission friendly as possible (without problems with AI)

* Campaign have strings for all Arma II supported languages (if you have for example Polish version, you don't need to switch other language)

* Because of an amount of texts in this 22 mission campaign, only English and Czech translation is available

* It is recommended to not use much ESC key (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14806)

* Altough campaign was partly developed in Arma II CO and also tested in CO, gameplay could be little different under Arma II classic or Arma II CO.

Description

As you probably read about Namalsk Crisis campaign above, this modification is the key part of the Namalsk Crisis campaign. From the first ArmA 1 version, I have changed and added a lot of things to this modification. I have to admit, I never thought, that I will be able to create stuff like you can see in this modification. Because of its functions and content, this modification could also provide to Arma II S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans basics for creating missions with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. atmosphere in Arma II. Modification was developed mainly in Arma II classic, so, some things are not changed - mainly because of not enough time and also because of compatibility in Arma II and Arma II CO.

Modification in few points

- Namalsk island in the final 1.11 version (see changelog in Namalsk section)

- Factions for Namalsk Crisis campaign

- Editor modules (see below for more information)

- Sound & music database for mission editing

- Other necessary data for Namalsk Crisis campaign

- Compatible with classic Arma II and also Arma II CO

- Basic UI redefinition (changed mainly loading screens)

› Namalsk island [v1.11]

*Added: New in-game-menu scenes - you are going to love these scenes!
*Added: New ambient sound in "houses" locations (check Vorkuta at night)
*Added: Color schema modules have now global variables of its effects, it can be turned off/on manually (check modules section)
*Added: New type of the grass
*Added: Proper support of the OA thermal imaging system
*Changed: According to Namalsk Crisis story, wind powerplants on the northen part were destroyed by NAC
*Changed: Names of the color modules
*Fixed: Issue with double playing background ambient sound
*Fixed: Minor changes has been made to the clutter(generated grass) for better fighting
*Fixed: Positions of some objects
*Fixed: Skybox texture definitions
*Fixed: Minor changes in AII laboratory module
*Fixed: AII module will now work properly only on Namalsk
*Fixed: Various issues with AII module in MP
*Fixed: Not properly working destrType="DestructNo"; on some objects (some parts of the railroad)
*Fixed: Fire Geometry Lod for medium and small fir trees (no longer so bullet proof)
*Fixed: Several issues with alpha channel on textures (white artefacts,..)
*Fixed: Several issues on objects while using AA enabled (underground, trees,..)
*Fixed: Color of some tree textures
*Fixed: Railroad is now visible on the map
*Fixed: Minor changes in few models and their lods (geometry, roadway,..)

*Known Issue: Some users may experience weird rendering of AII underground while using AA, solution is turning AA off

› Factions for Namalsk Crisis campaign

› Editor modules

Editor's depot

On http://www.nightstalkers.cz/, I'm trying to describe everything, what you need to use functions of the [Nightstalkers] Shadow of Namalsk modification.

Here are the most important section, which I will recommend you to check:

Installation instructions

About needed version, newer = better. In case of Arma II classic - at least 1.05.

I will recommend you to not play the campaign with mods, which can greatly change gameplay - I can't guarantee, that gameplay will be same as we tested it on original versions of Arma II and Arma II CO.

Although I have tried to minimize differences and use only stuff from original Arma II, there are some things, which are different (UI) or nice features like female radio voice (from OA). So, I have decided to make a little patch.

This patch (nc_v1.00_armaIIpatch.7z) will be for NON CO (Combined Operations) users, (I'm assuming, that there are more players with CO).

Default release will be for CO users. Classic Arma II users can run even this version, but, with little problems, so, I'm recommending you to download Arma II classic patch.

Extract downloaded archive nc_v1.00_full.7z into your Arma II folder and run Arma II with -mod=@NC parameter (default folder name).

In case of Arma II classic patch, extract the content of nc_v1.00_armaIIpatch.7z into \@NC\Addons\ folder and confirm overwrite.

All pbo's signed with v2 server keys!

List of files in nc_v1.00_full.7z

\@NC\Addons\namalsk.pbo
\@NC\Addons\namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns2.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns2.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_anims.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_anims.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_fraction.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_fraction.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_missions.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_missions.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_modules.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_music.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_music.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_mutants.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_mutants.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_plants.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_plants.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_rocks.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_rocks.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_sounds.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_sounds.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\Addons\ns_ui.pbo
\@NC\Addons\ns_ui.pbo.NST.bisign
\@NC\mod.cpp
\@NC\ns_classnames.pdf
\@NC\ns_modules.pdf
\@NC\readme_cz.txt
\@NC\readme_en.txt
\Keys\NST.bikey

List of files in nc_v1.00_armaIIpatch.7z

ns_fraction.pbo
ns_fraction.pbo.NST.bisign
ns_ui.pbo
ns_ui.pbo.NST.bisign

Thanks to

Apo (testing Namalsk in A1/A2, testing beta version of Namalsk Crisis)

Benny (for his excellent warfare mission)

Campus (testing, translation, developer support)

Crytek (rifle texture)

Dokix2 (testing Namalsk in A2)

Edge (testing pre-release version)

Grub (testing pre-release version)

GSC Gameworld (some textures, models and sounds)

Kju (config optimalization, advices and bug report)

Mikebart (grass texture)

Pikus (some models of objects)

Rsa Viper (mp testing, developer support)

Saigos (photos for making Jalovisko village)

SenChi (grass texture)

TeaCup (excellent zombie animation)

To all music creators >

To all, who helped create Namalsk better with reports

To guys on community forums and pages for support

YOU for playing!

and Bohemia Interactive for great game!

I really recommending to you to read everything here, mainly installation instructions, but also other important notes, thanks!

Last few words, all stuff here was created mainly by 1 person in his free time.

Enjoy!

Sumrak,

leader and creator of Namalsk Crisis campaign & Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification

sumrak@nightstalkers.cz

http://www.nightstalkers.cz

http://twitter.com/#!/Sumr4k

http://www.xfire.com/profile/sumr4k/

Edited by Sumrak
release!

I'm looking forward to your mod, i really am. Good luck with your project!

How about 'Ambient mutants'? Spawned like the animals in default ArmA2.

Im looking forward to see how you did the mutant AI. :)

Wow, the island looks sick. I'll have to tell my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan of a friend about this so he will buy ArmA 2. :p

Everything looking really good again in Arma2! Can't wait for your islands in particular!

edit:

Probably going a bit overboard here, but are you looking to make any of the buildings destructable (like in Arma2 default islands)?

Thanks all :)

NeMeSiS:

Not bad idea, i will try, what can be done :)

MadRussian:

Yes, that would be good, because buildings on Namalsk are mostly without any ruin effect or advanced ruins (like ArmA II). But, it is problem for me, i need more people, it is not easy creating for every building some ruins.. (251 p3ds of buildings or smaller objects :D ) So, no for now, i can handle only 1 thing, paths for AI are not on all buildings, i can try this do to release of campaign with full mod.

in Arma 1 i spent some nights playing on Your mod

it is high awaited mod :D

it was so scary althout Arma 1 was borring game, you brought fear to it :D

and your Namalsk A2 looks amazing, really waiting and really must download :)

Very nice! I loved this mod in ArmA1 I cannot wait for it in ArmA2!

NAC - Namalsk corporation - main "bad guys" in campaign Namalsk Crisis, soldiers + configs completed for this fraction.

Some screenshots

nac_5_small.jpg nac_4_small.jpg nac_3_small.jpg nac_2_small.jpg nac_1_small.jpg

Stolen some Russian armor (Tunguska, BTR-90, BMP3), scout cars mounted with dshkm, support trucks, soldiers with G36, Gauss rifle, VSS Vintorez or Dragunov.

Released new info about this fraction (check http://www.nightstalkers.cz , section fractions).

Plan for next weeks:

Today ~ 1.<->17. November 2009

- release Namalsk clutter fix

- make a working Gauss rifle for NAC

- start working on Nightstalkers fraction members

- make animations for bloodsucker

- finalize ns_mutants.pbo

Edited by Sumrak

Nice, very nice :638:

More screens please :dance1:

Everything is you job its impressive, still one thank you very much :yay:

Edited by DirtyCasi

Nice, very nice :638:

More screens please :dance1:

Everything is you job its impressive, still one thank you very much :yay:

Soon :D of course, armor and cars are by Bis :p i created only soldiers and gauss rifle (in developing for now). Once will be Gauss rifle completed, i create small video :-)

Guiguit59;1466650']Is it legal?

Of course' date=' it is not model editing, only simply config ;)

Payed this campaign for ARMA 1 and waiting for this new one !!! :bounce3:

:) campaign in ArmA 1 was only proloque :p in ArmA II will be full story ;)

I cannot wait for your campaign sumrak. managed to get through it with out firing a shot ;)

well... except for those damn zombies :P

will the prologue be included in the full arma 2 release or just the story part?

I cannot wait for your campaign sumrak. managed to get through it with out firing a shot ;)

well... except for those damn zombies :P

will the prologue be included in the full arma 2 release or just the story part?

:p Yep proloque will be included in ArmA II release ;)