Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod for ArmA II

Hey lads.

There's been some news over at our homepage, including a couple of screenshots. Since our homepage is still german only, here's a short summary and all the screenshots:

Infantry:

33_tn.jpg 34_tn.jpg

More images:

01 | 02

Latest version features revised textures by Snorri, as well as detail maps. metalchris also finished the model, all lods are done, it's just a bit of fine tuning left. The Infantry is due for release soon, and that's not a 'BIS soon'.

LKW 5t mil gl:

Some of you might remember our MAN truck pack for OFP. Well here's a completely new version made by our newest addition to the team, frankyman. It's still in beta state, as it has a dozens of bugs and needs some finishing touches.

Screenshots feature a repair and refuel variant of the truck, but there will be more in the release. However, it's unsure at this point if we're going to do 10t and 7t trucks, too.

35_tn.jpg 36_tn.jpg 37_tn.jpg

More images:

01 | 02 | 03

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers, TeRp

//edit: links fixed, thx MEDICUS.

Edited by TeRp

I need a FUCHS at my ArmA 2 right now!!!!!

Great to hear about progress + units are looking good.

Are you going to release it as full BWMod all-in-one bigpack or do you make standalone packs eg BWMod Infantry, BWMod Vehicles, BWMod Weapons etc or maybe both variants? :)

Will there be Dingo's, Fenneck's or even new Eagle IV's?

OMG HELL YEAH! :)

Been waiting for news since the first batch of screenies!

Cannot wait for this one.

Loved your mod in OFP,very complete german army with lots of units,all it missed was the infantry which was pretty bad compared to the quality of armor,vehicles and air units in bwmod.

Can't wait to see your mod dressed in Arma 2 engine,btw do you plan to make the incoming Puma IFV instead of Marder?Also I know Boxer apc won't replace the Fuchs but do you also have that beauty in plan?

Very nice trucks, Terp!

Any plans to add some kind of cargo-system like the rslk one?

Would be sa-weet! :D

(BTW: the linked pictures don't work for me)

MfG, Medicus

on your screens you were only showing tactical vests, is German army not using flak vest ?

on photos of BW soldiers i always see flak vest

16211_b.jpg

Are you going to release it as full BWMod all-in-one bigpack or do you make standalone packs eg BWMod Infantry, BWMod Vehicles, BWMod Weapons etc or maybe both variants? :)

We're going to do a 'bigpack', but will release one addon at a time.

Once an addon is finished, it will be added to the earlier releases pbos and the whole thing will be re-released as the next (big) pack. So you'll get the addons asap but on the other hand always have all the BWMod addons installed.

This should minimize the problems we had back in the OFP days where people didn't have all the addons installed. This time, you will just need to go to our site, download the latest pack and have everything up to date.

Will there be Dingo's, Fenneck's or even new Eagle IV's?
[...] do you plan to make the incoming Puma IFV instead of Marder?Also I know Boxer apc won't replace the Fuchs but do you also have that beauty in plan?

There will definitely be a Dingo, a Fuchs and a Marder, but I don't know about the other vehicles.

I hope we will find the time to do them in the future, but it's up for the team to decide on which vehicle they want to do next. That might be a Fennek or a Boxer, but it might also be something completely different. :)

Any plans to add some kind of cargo-system like the rslk one?

Would be sa-weet! :D

I like the idea, but I don't think it'll happen. Perhaps I'll hand a truck over to Rock so he might include it into one of his releases, but I highly doubt we'll do it all on our own.

And thanks for notifying me about the links, fixed them :)

@vilas: the flak vest is not used anymore. New equipment has been introduced to the Bundeswehr within their IDZ-concept (Infantrymen of the future), which does not only consist of new weapons, but also of new vests and other digital aids. There are still some of those vests around, but those soldiers are only using them because they actually want to. The standard issue to the soldier is what you see in our pictures.

I'm happy to see official topic and news from the mod on the forums here.

The one addon I've been looking forward to seeing since OFP has been the Tiger. Will you include this with the Arma II release?

Also, what about the Wolf? I'd love to see the Feldjäger version once more :)

These are truly great news! I've been a fan of the BWmod since OFP so I'm really looking forward to the ARMA2 pack.

BWMod still alive, that is good to hear.

Agreed!:D Please could you add random register plates for all vehicles which have plates and random numbers for tank's,apc's and choppers?

Agreed!:D Please could you add random register plates for all vehicles which have plates and random numbers for tank's,apc's and choppers?

We've done that already. :)

http://bwmod.armedassault.info/images/gallery/37.jpg

http://bwmod.armedassault.info/images/gallery/35.jpg

:D

Thanks for all the feedback so far, it's really appreciated.

Will there be weapons included in the first release? Or is it "just" the player models and a vehicle?

There will be a few weapons in the release. At the moment we are planing for Mg3, Mg4 Panzerfaust3 and maybe an AG36 variant. we'll use the BIS G36 as the standard weapon.

There will be a few weapons in the release. At the moment we are planing for Mg3, Mg4 Panzerfaust3 and maybe an AG36 variant. we'll use the BIS G36 as the standard weapon.

BIS G36 is ok so far, but please remove the "burst" and make only single/fullauto.

How are you going to use the ZF/HKV?

At the moment I'm using an edited version of this addon:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73878&highlight=G36&page=3

MfG Lee

Hey.

We're most likely going to do two fire modes, semi (scope) and full auto mode (reflex sight). I don't think a semi mode for the reflex sight is really that necessary, because it's easy to fire just a single round in full auto as the ROF isn't that high.

originally posted by hamis

agreed! Please could you add random register plates for all vehicles which have plates and random numbers for tank's,apc's and choppers?

We've done that already.

:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

BWMod still alive, that is good to hear.

MfG Lee

Definitely. BWMod always produced top quality addons, I can only hope that the tradition continues!

In OFP I really like Aladdin UAV. It will reproduce in ArmA 2? Aladdin will works as UAV in ArmA2 or the same old way?

Hey lads.

We've posted a few screenshots of our upcoming UH Tiger.

It's been completely rebuild and repainted by Helifreak and will hopefully be released within the next months.

43_tn.jpg 45_tn.jpg

The Tiger has the same features as the one for OFP had:

- dynamic weapon loadout which can be changed during a mission

- two special paint jobs

We will also try to add a few more features, most likely RKSL's DRS will be one of them.

More screenshots are available in our gallery.

I hope you like what you see ;)

Edited by TeRp

Hmm Germans active on Panthera, that will be interesting ;)

+1 love the paintwork!

:bounce3:

dynamic rotor system (drs)

this is an unscripted method for modelers that provides more realistic visuals for helicopter rotors. The blade’s pitch changes depending on collective position and the blades flex under load. It’s not a huge thing but it does add an extra dimension to the visuals when a helicopter comes into land.

May I ask what your plans are for the HUD?