Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

NIM Dynamic Weather (ArmA2 Compatible!)

Here it is! For all those who wanted snow :P.

4-nim04.jpg

4-nim03.jpg

4-nim02.jpg

This is the NIM Dynamic weather addon successfully ported into ArmA2, this addon SHOULD (99% sure) work without any major game breaking issues, if you happen to find any, please post here or PM me.

Yes this addon is signed for multiplayer.

Mirrors appreciated!

Change Log:

1.7b (09-30-09)

- First Release for ArmA2

Credits:

1.) Dynamic Weather Created by Sentinel (Scripter-nimod).

2.) Deanosbeano and AI Simmons for porting it over to Arm a. ( A HUGE THANKYOU)

3.) Models by Smiley and Hornet85.

4.) Paddy for some scripting problems (Scripter-nimod).

5.) Fog script resource from MI_Fred (VTE Mod).

6.) Snow script resource from Kegetys (FDF Mod).

7.) Thanks to the "23rd Ground Division" and the "22nd regiment" squads for helping test the weather.

8.) BIS for providing Operation Flashpoint/ ArmA / ArmA2.

9.) The support from our fans and the on going addon and mod creations from the community.

10.) To Smiley_Nick and Sentinel for giving me permission to port this to ArmA2.

Download Links:

NIM Dynamic Weather (v1.7b) (ArmAHolic)

ArmedAssault.info Mirror : DOWNLOAD - NIM Dynamic Weather for ArmA2 (v.1.7b) - [2.5 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Edited by Binkowski

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2865774.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1082][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/2865774.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1082]DOWNLOAD - NIM Dynamic Weather for ArmA2 (v.1.7b) - [2.5 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Thanks for the mirrors. Main post has been updated to include them.

Is there any way to have it automatically activated in all missions? Like just put it in the addons folder and then it works :)

Nevermind i figured it out. I was trying to place it as the first thing on the map, but i forgot you need to designate a player entity first.

Extremely cool! How did you get that awesome pink/orange haze in that screenshot? Are those arma2 screenshots? I tested out a number of the weather types at various times of day but it doesn't look like the screenshots. I also get some error about there not being a lightning texture or something every time lightning strikes.

Edited by Nosedive

What a beautiful thing!! Can't wait for some snow camo and snowy maps! :)

For those who tried it already ... is tough on the FPS or barelly noticeable?

It shouldn't have that big of an effect on your FPS, I never have had a problem with it. Also, the screenshot of the pink haze, is from ArmA1, however it is a mix of Fog / Mist / Rain / Sandstorm. Just mix them up and see what you can find. Glad to see you guys are enjoying it.

Ah finally NiM Weather is back, good job in that Point. Thx

:rolleyes:

But its full of silly rpt errors you should clean up the stuff in a next update.

ex.

File nim_weather\config.cpp, line 558: '/CfgVehicles/ThunderLight.scope': Missing ';' at the end of line "this error is a joke and could be removed before rel. So much to the todays quality standarts."

Edited by Atsche

For those who tried it already ... is tough on the FPS or barelly noticeable?

Ehh... Kind of hard to say, I use Kju's proper tweaks and get high FPS in the mid 40's + this mod installed.

Sounds like a great addon! I shall try later this eve. Is it MP friendly or would you have same synch issues like with the standard rain in MP?

Thanks for reporting that SgtAce, I'll be sure to fix that in the next update.

man i just found the coolest combination! if you have moderate mist and fog, as well as a dark grey cloud-layer and a medium snow, coupled with a heavy sand storm, and set the time of day to dawn, you get what looks and sounds like the aftermath of a nuclear strike!

This Addon is really awesome!-.-

I saw snow covering the ground also in a video in arma2, is that possible somehow?

Well Done Binkowski!!! Working great so far ( the ; error was in the original too!)...

@Himmelsfeur

Snow on the ground is a little trickier... that would require a snow ground texture, either in an addon like Landtex, or permanently placed, in a snowy version of an actual "island"...

Worse still... snow on trees, roofs, etc requires all those objects to be retextured... a Massive Task!

... don't think there aren't people working on it though! :D

Have a look in this thread for stuff people are working on... looks like there may be basic replacement snow units and maybe even a snow island soonish...

PS... the "Snowy Drago" island for Arma1 has snow on the ground... it's probably the one you've been seeing in videos... it's "unbinarised" so it takes a couple of minutes to load, but runs fine under CAA1...

B

Cool thanks for the info!

Guess i stick with ArmaII so solong,the not existing roads in Arma I killing me;)

Well cant take too long till the community releases another great addon i hope..

Stuff like this is allways "the cherry on the cake"=)^

How do I use this mod I went to class but dont see units or game logic.

Make sure that you have a unit down and you are the player. Then go to...

Units (F1) -> Side -> Game Logic -> Class -> NIM Dynamic Weather etc.

To clarify, ensure that the game logic is at least the second thing you place, after you place yourself. The logic options will be hidden otherwise.