Sign in to follow this  
woppa

High spec server for rent

I have a high spec server for rent in the UK.

Specs =

100Mbit

1Gb ram

1 core of quad q6000 @ 3.0 GHZ

I'll let you host 3 different games but only one running at a time with fire deamon control and FTP support.

So if you wanna have a Arma 1, Arma 2 + a 3rd game you will be more than welcome to do so aslong as the Dedicated servers are DOS console.

Unlimited player numbers so 64 PvP maps doable.

I'll even throw in a TS server.

For more info E:mail Staff@Area-53.com

WOPPA

1 core of a processor and 1gb doesnt seem very "high spec". is this all the arma2 server requires?

This is way to less for A2 server indeed, thats why you got no response I suppose.

Add 3 GB of ram, and give 2 cores per customer and you have a pretty decent server for 2 customers

Well i can offer 2 cores a 2gb for a customer but it will cost twice as much ;)

For everyday clan use of co-op missions this is plenty and is far better spec than any slot servers as they have mutiple servers on one core of lower spec cpu's.

first town of domination with 8 players 48 FPS i'd say thats good going.

Edited by woppa

Two cores would be bare min for a arma server unless you plan on not allowing anything other than pvp with no Ai or scripts, depending on the price a full blown server or a vps would be a better deal.

what price range are you talking. full admin access to the box via remote desk top etc. Allowed monthly bandwidth.

You can get a pretty decent quad core server here in the states with 4 gigs of ram 100 mb port and 10 tb of transfer for $150.00 .