Sign in to follow this  
stegman

Planes flying in formation in ARMA

Hi guys!

Does any one remember a script that some one wrote a few years back that would make AI planes fly in a tight formation?

Does any one know where I can get this script, or failing that how you would script it from scratch?

What I want are for 3 or 4 harriers to fly overhead in a tight formation, or tighter than the AI will allow anyway. And preferably for this to work in a MP game too..

Any help you could lend would be great, thanks all.

Steg.

Not sure if this would work, or if it fits in with what you are trying to achieve, but have you tried using the attachto command to attach extra empty harriers to a ai flying one, that would possibly give a very tight formation.

Though I have not tested this.

@blakeace

No, i hav not tried this.

In fact i have never used this attachto command.

i'll have to look in to it.

I'll let you know.

Not sure if this would work, or if it fits in with what you are trying to achieve, but have you tried using the attachto command to attach extra empty harriers to a ai flying one, that would possibly give a very tight formation.

Though I have not tested this.

'Attachto' only works in Arma 2 ;).

'Attachto' only works in Arma 2 ;).

Bugger. :(

Any other ideas guys?

Bugger. :(

Any other ideas guys?

My best bet would be to check out the scripts within Mandoble's Air Support Console (It a script suite so you don't have to dePBO anything). The code you're looking for should be there because I've seen the bombers flying in close formation dozens of times.

My best bet would be to check out the scripts within Mandoble's Air Support Console (It a script suite so you don't have to dePBO anything). The code you're looking for should be there because I've seen the bombers flying in close formation dozens of times.

Outstanding!

I'll check it out.

That might be the one i was thinking of, with 3 or 4 bombers flying in tight formation like you said.