Sign in to follow this  
Psykedeeli

Ambush with AI

Hi.

I'm making an ambush mission.. Everything looks fine but the problem is.. My AI team mates start shooting too early.. I want the enemy to move quite near us and when they cross one specific line, the AI starts shooting.. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Here is how you can do it so AI looks after the ambush, first set a waypoint in front of the group you wish to be ambushing. Set it as a guard waypoint, with hold fire, stealth, line and limited as the way point variables, and then make a second guard waypoint just in front of that with the variables open fire engage at will, combat, line and full.

Then set a trigger which is rectangle, with a long length but short width so it is effectively a line across your desired area. Set the activation to when 'OPFOR' present (If OPFOR is the group to be ambushed after they cross the line).You then use the synchronization tool to sync the trigger, to the first waypoint of the amushing team.

However...

If you are the group leader this will not work to well, just manually give them the order 'HOLD FIRE' and set them in Stealth made via your radio.

If you're really desperate you can turn off the AI's ability to target and shoot until the line is crossed.

DisableAI is the command for that.

It's a bit of an overkill way to do it but it should work.

You can remove ammo from AI and when a trigger is activated they get ammo and they can fire. This way you know they will not fire for sure.