Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

How to take ingame photographs?

Hi guys,

I have made a mission where I am just adding the finishing touches. I am not sure how I can get photos for use in briefings and mission description of my objects in-game.

I have tried fraps but the free version takes bad screenshots. Is it worth buying the full version of this software to get my shots?

If anyone knows a better way to do this, I would appreciate some guidance as I am unsure how to go about it?

Thanks

Frosty

Have you tried the print screen key?

Hit print screen, then either exit the game or tab out of it into your photo program, and paste the screenshot.

Lol....Thanks Franze.

I origionally did try that but when I pasted into 'paint' it pasted my background 2d image. I assumed for some reason printscreen couldnt snapshot 3d rendering. I will try again tonight and let you know how I go.

Thanks

Frosty

It might work differently depending on your operating system. You could also try a different photo program, like GIMP, and see how that works.

I never thought fraps takes bad screenshots :P Just gotta normally convert them from .bmp

Hi Guys,

I just thought I would update. After playing around and some more reading, I found that "PrtScn" does infact take screenshots of 3d overlay in arma2 if you run the game in windowed mode from you arma shortcut. ie -window

Not sure why that is but it makes life pretty easy since you can then just save the screeny in whatever format you like in your favourite picture editing software.

Thanks

Frosty

I cannot get ArmA 2 to launch in window mode. I tried setting the launch mode on the shortcut to minimized, maximized and normal window and they all launch the same in a full screen. Therefore I cannot take a screenshot. Please help. Using windows vista 64 bit

Edited by Mysteryman5150