Sign in to follow this  
nkenny

Quick Question: "Grenade Launchers"

I'm rather fond of the grenade launchers in the game. I've been gaming since Operation Flashpoint days, but it is really only recently that I've dedicated time and effort to learning these great weapons.

As hard as they are to use for players, has anyone EVER been hit by a AI 40mm grenade? Are they still overshooting like in ARMA and Operation Flashpoint?

Please share your experiences.

-K

i've kinda got to grips with the grenade launcher but i still don't know how to use the sights, i just rely on guesswork and years of gaming on BIS games =)

I'm rather fond of the grenade launchers in the game. I've been gaming since Operation Flashpoint days, but it is really only recently that I've dedicated time and effort to learning these great weapons.

As hard as they are to use for players, has anyone EVER been hit by a AI 40mm grenade? Are they still overshooting like in ARMA and Operation Flashpoint?

Please share your experiences.

-K

I think AI has still problems with grenade launchers ...

The bug who was introduced with a patch in ArmA is still existing in ArmA2.

The different "gun barrel" for the grenadelauncher does not work with AI:

cameraDir = "GL look";

memoryPointCamera = "GL eye";

The AI always fires to high. They can only hit at max distance.

When I was playing a Domination server yesterday there was an AI launching grenades trying to flush me out of my hiding position. It was with about the same amount of skill as a human player trying to guess where I was.

I've definitely had my day ended with an enemy rifle grenade on several occasions...they're still not very accurate but will score a hit if you give them a chance