bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

michelangeli, Muahaha! Thank you for your reports!!!!

@michelangeli:

1., That hali (in the 1st mission) is not on your side! :) I hope it didn't shoot on takis, because it is TAKI. In my test runs the Bradleys handle it quickly...

2., 5., All these things are BIS AI. All things what I do is to turn ON the BLUEFOR groups laser: group enableIRLasers true. And then they do it right: when see enemy torn it on, when don1t see anybody, turn it OFF.

3., Yeah, you gave me a good advice! There are guards inside the building for a realistic mood. But they are really ineffective in this way - as I tested... So, when the player is close enough to this building, I will turn ON these AI (because I disableAI "MOVE" in the init). And - because they are in group - I hope they will move and attack the player from the building. Anyway there is a lastloon script there (if only a few enemy left in the village: they attack the player suicidally) to easily finish the mission.

Yesterday - before I read your report - I left the mission failure in the mission, but insert a second line under MISSION FAILED line: "revert the mission if you don't want replay the whole mission". There is an auto Save before this last task, so the player can easily restart (revert) only this part.

4., I don't want it in two reason: first, additionally paratroopers is not really realistic. Second, bigger battle is caused LAG in my PC and I try to target avarge players with avarge hardware...

6., Wow, I'm curious what do you mean it? I know nothing about the US Army (just what everybody else from the hollywood movies), so I don't really understand what did you mean...

@Muahaha:

In the current version I left the failure possibility (but I remove the bug-possibility) in that recon and rescue mission. But I added a new line under the MISSION FAILURE line: "revert the mission if you don't want replay the whole mission". There is an auto Save before this last task, so the player can easily restart (revert) only this part.

But - because I'm in middle of developing this campaign - is it possible I try to remove the failure option...

Anyway, you talk about mission "One more turn" and not "Turn left". The 4th mission name is "Step left".

1., I did A10 too high. I want add just a mood/feeling: player feel the air-superiority. It didn't really support the player, just in radio and scenery (those destroyed tanks are placed before the mission start). And A10 is just a sound on the air. I don't want it to involve in the real attack and other hand, I don't want it crashed into a hill...

2., Yes, it's true... :( I'll try to fix it! Thanks to report it.

3., Oh, maybe I do it badly. Thanks to report it, I'll fix it! Probably I remove this massacre if you got the green light. Originally, guards start massacre if you didn't get order to engage... when the mission failed.

@Muahaha:

In the current version I left the failure possibility (but I remove the bug-possibility) in that recon and rescue mission. But I added a new line under the MISSION FAILURE line: "revert the mission if you don't want replay the whole mission". There is an auto Save before this last task, so the player can easily restart (revert) only this part.

But - because I'm in middle of developing this campaign - is it possible I try to remove the failure option...

Anyway, you talk about mission "One more turn" and not "Turn left". The 4th mission name is "Step left".

1., I did A10 too high. I want add just a mood/feeling: player feel the air-superiority. It didn't really support the player, just in radio and scenery (those destroyed tanks are placed before the mission start). And A10 is just a sound on the air. I don't want it to involve in the real attack and other hand, I don't want it crashed into a hill...

2., Yes, it's true... :( I'll try to fix it! Thanks to report it.

3., Oh, maybe I do it badly. Thanks to report it, I'll fix it! Probably I remove this massacre if you got the green light. Originally, guards start massacre if you didn't get order to engage... when the mission failed.

So the A10 is for scenery.... I thought it drops some GBUs at the enemy. That explained a lot.

Hey thanks Bardosy for listening to our feedback. You don't need to change anything solely based on my feedback, maybe other might feel otherwise.

Can't wait for you to release the whole thing.

Hey Bardosy, can you do 1 extra last mission as aftermath of the campaign? Maybe like peacekeeping with 00dc15's Advanced IED script? With your great mission designing skills and that wonderful IED triggerman script it's going to be a great combination. Maybe as a teaser for future campagin (if you planned one) Just suggesting. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107754

Edited by Muahaha

Hey Bardosy, can you do 1 extra last mission as aftermath of the campaign? Maybe like peacekeeping with 00dc15's Advanced IED script? With your great mission designing skills and that wonderful IED triggerman script it's going to be a great combination. Maybe as a teaser for future campagin (if you planned one) Just suggesting. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107754

Now I'm working on the 7th mission. You'll not believe it, but it's name is Peacekeeping... :D You can try the first version - if you download the campaign from the original link. But it's not completly finished.

And if it's done, I planned a 8th (last) mission. I have two idea about it:

1., This is the last assault against the Northern airport (takis' last defence)

or

2., While main character is resting at base, an other Company finish the job (capture the airfield) and after victory-day, main character squad is ordered to patrol and collect requests from the periferial villages... and - as any experienced ArmA-player know - they will ambushed. It could be a good endmission, because it could tell the story: in assymetric-warfare there is no victory-day...

Now I'm working on the 7th mission. You'll not believe it, but it's name is Peacekeeping... :D You can try the first version - if you download the campaign from the original link. But it's not completly finished.

And if it's done, I planned a 8th (last) mission. I have two idea about it:

1., This is the last assault against the Northern airport (takis' last defence)

or

2., While main character is resting at base, an other Company finish the job (capture the airfield) and after victory-day, main character squad is ordered to patrol and collect requests from the periferial villages... and - as any experienced ArmA-player know - they will ambushed. It could be a good endmission, because it could tell the story: in assymetric-warfare there is no victory-day...

All I can say is.... Awesome. I would wish for both the main last assault and humanitarian mission. Something similar to Generation Kill. :yay::yay::yay:

All I can say is.... Awesome. I would wish for both the main last assault and humanitarian mission. Something similar to Generation Kill. :yay::yay::yay:

Of course GK is a main inspiration... ;) But thay are marines.:cool:

I thought about joke the player in the last assault: a GK style charge against an empty airfield. But it could be boring...

Bardosy could you give me the link to your new Campaign?

I have upgraded my PC and bought OA. Now I´m ready for some testing^^

Bardosy could you give me the link to your new Campaign?

I have upgraded my PC and bought OA. Now I´m ready for some testing^^

The link at page 34.

Bardosy:

Played the latest build you provided, don't have problem with the refugees anymore.

Edited by Muahaha

@bardosy, I saw that you are searching for a way to launch OA only to test if everythings works properly. Use this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89731

This Launcher is easy to use and lets you choose if you want to start CO or only OA or Arma2. I will start to test your new campaign and report my results here

thanks tonci! great resource...

i took a break in my new oa campaign, but i'll finish it soon.

Ok i have done some testing on your new Campaign

Tested with Version 0.7

Combined Ops+ ACE

Night Tiger: Really good Mission, I noticed that you placed some Enemys on rooftops, thats an exelent thing! All the laserbeams in the nigth were really looking good, awesome Lasershow. I have nothing to complain on this one.

Seize Airport: The same as Night Tiger but in daytime. Would have been cooler, and I think more realistic, with some air Support at the End. You could place some AA Launchers at the uper Town, after they are gone, one or two choppers show up and attack the Airport.

Tank Valley: Now this was a really cool mission. Great Idea to blow up tanks from this mountain top. By the way something like that really happened once, i think in Irak. Some SF guys wrecked a whole tank battalion in the mountains with Javelins. The only Problem was that the Enemy infrantry took really long to show up at the checkpoint, but I don´t know how to make this faster. I mean if you give them a Truck or something the Player will blow up that Truck with a Javelin and kill them all. Maybe insertion with MI-17 would work...

I think there were 2 Infrantry Squads, sadly they didn´t attack at once. This would made it much harder.

Step left: Im at this mission, attacking the second town. So far a very cool Mission, great Idea to let the Player help the SF Guys. Only one thing bothers me. You should give the player the opportunity to rearm the Squad after helping the SF Guys. I´m really running low on ammo. I´m playing this without ZEUS_AI, with ZEus_AI the Ammo waste would be much higher, so you and the other Squads really need something to refill Ammo at the meeting point before advancing to the second town. Maybe a Ammo truck from the Airfield or something like that.

Really good Campaign so far, its really fun! Later I will continue testing, keep up the good work :rthumb:

Bardosy,

Done your full campaign, so far all is tight except the last mission...

seems out of place a bit, unless you planned for more mission with that story line.

The runner seems to run aimlessly towards no where, would be good if there is another get away car/copper that would trigger mission failure if the player takes too long. Else some how or rather the runner will definitely be caught.

Thank you guys for sending feedback! It's very helpful and inspirative...

@Tonci: Your little paragraph about the missions are great!

Thanks for the tips. You probably experienced, but there will be an ammo truck to reammo your men. Maybe you're right and that ammo truck need earlier. I'll try do something with it.

@Muahaha: Yes, I also tought that runner is acting weird. Exactley he have 6 different path to escape and he randomly choose one (I decide this to prevent the player feel too much easy this mission's replay). But if the player is too slow - and probably he is - the runner arrive his last position and just stand.

I don't think it's a good idea to fail the mission when he arrive to the last WP, because I - as a player - always spent too much time to reach the truck and detect thge bomb is missiong and start the chase... so the mission could easily turn very hard, if I do fail then.

So I just wandering... if the player cannot catch the runner before he arrived to last WP, the runner just stop and wait (he's confused and tired for the long run), but when he detect the player, he pick up a new random WP and continue the run... But then the player has no other task just catch the runner, so he can do it much easier, but runner don't just stand. Is it OK?

@Muahaha: Yes, I also tought that runner is acting weird. Exactley he have 6 different path to escape and he randomly choose one (I decide this to prevent the player feel too much easy this mission's replay). But if the player is too slow - and probably he is - the runner arrive his last position and just stand.

I don't think it's a good idea to fail the mission when he arrive to the last WP, because I - as a player - always spent too much time to reach the truck and detect thge bomb is missiong and start the chase... so the mission could easily turn very hard, if I do fail then.

So I just wandering... if the player cannot catch the runner before he arrived to last WP, the runner just stop and wait (he's confused and tired for the long run), but when he detect the player, he pick up a new random WP and continue the run... But then the player has no other task just catch the runner, so he can do it much easier, but runner don't just stand. Is it OK?

How bout running into a town full with insurgents if players fails to catch up? That will make the reward of getting him early that more crucial. And chances of accidental fire more frequent. Since killing him means death sentence. Anyway it's your call, merely throwing out ideas.:)

Yes Bardosy, the Ammo Truck later in the Mission was very good implemented (and really needed), but I run out of Ammo again during the last Attack^^.

A Quick Mission Idea:

When playing "Step left" I noticed the C-130 Planes bringing in Supplies to the Base, by the way a really good looking thing, and I put myself in the Position of the Enemy. What would I do if Enemy Planes keep flying over my Head? I would try to shoot them down. So you could maybe insert a small Mission after "Step left". What copuld the Mission look like? Well I have an Idea:

At the beginning you and your men are at Chak-Chak waiting for Reinforcemnts to relieve you. You see a C-130 flying towards the Airport, suddenly it get shot down by AA rockets. Your Squad gets the Order to search the Hills East of Chak-Chak for AA Launchers. Of course the Hills are full of Militia ;)

Well I finished the Campaign so far

Mount Longdon: Very intense Mission, really liked the Arty bombardment and the search for the Arty. Had a good laugh with the cow^^

One more Turn: Also a very intense Mission. Only complaint: The A-10 didn´t really help, at least I didn´t see it do anything

Dirty Bomb: Cool little Mission. Only one thing that wasn´t ok. A few suggestions: Tell the Player to get in on the right Gunner Seat (Captain Seat) before he sits on the wrong side. When we stoped the convoi and disembarked from the chopper the guy with the plutonium was standing right in from of me, I immediately shot him. Was he in the Car? Was he supposed to run away?

....Ok I tried again, this time I had to search fot him, catched him on route in the Mountains

Dirty Bomb mission

I modified this nuke mission: the runner have take a random direction, but finally - no metter what direction - he headed for the most north-western town Nuz. If the player cannot catch him before, there will be enemies in that town... and a few souther region too.

But in that region - where we stop the convoy - I don't want add enemies, because this is a cleared region.

I hope it's a fine solution...

I'm working on the last mission. The war is over and player have to patrol...

It's not bad, but I'm affaid it's not as high level then previous missions. It's a nice prologue, but I hope the players will not judge the whole campaign by this last one.

Tonci: I like your idea to insert a bonus mission somewhere... But I want finish this campaign. When all mission is done, and I'll send the stringtable.csv to a native English speaker to fix, maybe I have time for a small bonus mission.

When you mentioned the C130s, I thought you will advice me to drop ammo by parachute from this planes... :)

I'm working on the last mission. The war is over and player have to patrol...

It's not bad, but I'm affaid it's not as high level then previous missions. It's a nice prologue, but I hope the players will not judge the whole campaign by this last one.

In asymmetric war, there is no clear victory, so no worries. All your work are great :) Maybe a nice concluding outro for us to deliver your message from this campaign? haha

@Muahaha: don't smile, you will get it. :D

@Tonci:

The A-10 is just a scenery... in the middle of the battle player got info by radio about an enemy tank column heading for him and A-10 deal with it (but it's just mood, niot a really existed tank column). Maybe - in an intense firefight - you missed this radio chat. And later, when you advance to North, you walk next to a burning wreck column... that was tha tanks.

Dirty Bomb chopper/gunner position: This is my HUGE problem. I guess you played with an earlier version, because I solve it later to force drop (teleport) the player into the good gunner position when he is close enough to the chopper. But it's only works, if player get in first. If he ordered his men to get in, they occupy the gunner positions and script cannot teleport the player to the good gunner position. So I print a hint about it: "don't order your men into the chopper, get in first and then order them". This is a very ugly solution, but I could not solve other way. Do you have any suggestion?

Edited by bardosy

Well I have the Version with the auto teleport, but yeah I ordered my men in first. I always do that to be sure that everybody is inside before I get in and to cover them if the LZ is hot. I also don´t have a solution for this, but I have a brand new Mission Idea

Remeber this preacher dude from the Intro Video? You could modifi your last Mission so that you after going on Patrol and beeing assaultet and all that stuff somehow get the Intel that this guy is preaching somewhere and you get the order to kill or capture him. You could make this a sniper task, or a regular assault to take out him and his guards. Of course there are many civilians listening to him, they musn´t be shot. This could be a interesting and somehow satisfying ending for your campaign campaign.

I updated the campaign file. It contains the all 8 missions and campaign's intro/outro.

I have to double check it again and ask someone native speaker to proof the text, but it's complete. I hope I can release it soon.

I updated the campaign file. It contains the all 8 missions and campaign's intro/outro.

I have to double check it again and ask someone native speaker to proof the text, but it's complete. I hope I can release it soon.

Sounds real nice, Will re-download to check on the extras.

Ok I played the new Mission, what shall I say?

This was mother F*** awesome, one of the best Missions I played so far. First the nice drive to the first village with the excellent music for this situation^^. Then the villagers who want a obama statue (really had a good laugh). Then the Firefight in the second town. The Firefight was really intense and the Grenade Thrower on the Jeep really saved my ass. Insurgents coming from everywhere, everyone shooting like crazy, nervous looks at the Map where that damn relieve is and so on. Really great Mission!

Outro: You should remove the Night Vision from their inventory, they look silly sitting around the fire with these things on. Again excellent choice of music^^

The campaign really has an open Ending, there is only one solution for this

MAKE MORE, NOW!!! :D

Hi Bardosy,

Some report:

For dirty bomb, there seems to be a bug with the helo dropping off the troops, Once I got out of the helo, it will fly away straight without waiting for the rest to disembark. Happens everytime I ordered the troops to mount and I mount last. Confirmed a few times the same. Tried w only a sound mod on.

I hope there is another campaign coming soon....:)

Edited by Muahaha

@Tonci: Thank you very much! I didn't think you will like the last mission, but it's great!

NVG: I did remove everything (removeAllWeapon) from all character in the ourto and when I tested it, there was no NVG. Is it possible that ACE deny the removeAllWeapon command and add an NVG if night? In my ArmA2 only the main character has a tactical glasses (it seems like a sunglasses) and maybe it could be weird in night, but there was no NVG. I don't know how could it happened in your ArmA...

@Muahaha: Thanks to report it! It's possible, because I modify that script in the last version (when I tested it last time, the takis kill a man from my squad and he stucked in the chopper and - of course - never exit. And script worked if there is no men in the chopper it fly away. So I modify the script if the non alive man are in the chopper. But maybe I wrong with it... I'll fix it! Thanks for report it!!!!

KommieKat are working on the text proofing and more then half is done.... :D