bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

It worked :)

But it also returned an Error after all missiles arrived

Error in expression <tskExample4 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";>

Error position: <tskExample4 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";>

Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: tskexample4

Thanks. I guess, I packed in the campaign a wrong version of this mission. Sorry. I will upload the fix soon.

The error message is not a problem, I just create this test mission in hurry and didn't delete everything.

Thanks. I guess, I packed in the campaign a wrong version of this mission. Sorry. I will upload the fix soon.

The error message is not a problem, I just create this test mission in hurry and didn't delete everything.

Cool :)

Chesti Puller campaign first mission - Beachhead live coop play:

@Variable: THANK YOU!!! A movie always said much-much more as a textual feedback...

Special thanks to use HuntIR! It was nice to see how other people use it.

Probably you use an AI mod, because in my tests the Huey never was so effective as in yours. Mainly, in my gameplay that Huey was just a prop in the scene. But in yours it was a killer machine and clear the way front of you. I just think about to add more AA guy to the insurgency... ;) It was missing in the video, but the Huey was shot down by the ZU-23? Anyway, it was a nice shot with SMAW, when you destroyed the ZU at the top of the airport tower.

I don't forget the GROUP respawn, but currently a little bit short of time. But I try it pack soon!

EDIT: I quickly changed respawn mode from NONE to GROUP and packed it. Download from here. It's just quickly tested: I let them kill me at the beach and I was respawn to the second AI guy in my squad. Please Armaholic stuff don't mirror it yet! I will pack the whole package soon with the fixed campaign too. This coop pack is just for Variable.

Edited by bardosy

About the Huey - We use TPWCAS suppression addon and Zeus AI on the server. I don't think they should have effect over pilots behavior.

About the ZU kill shot - to be honest It's pretty easy with vanilla missiles, as their trajectory is almost completely flat after the initial drop.

Thanks for the GROUP respawn version Bardosy!

Hey bardosy, we played episode two on Sunday and for some reason after two minutes of play we got a message that some woman (don't remember the name) got killed. A message came and told us to go rescue the pilots of a downed aircraft. It wasn't the GROUP respawn version you made for us, we were playing the regular no-respawn version.

Maybe some AI run her over or something? Just a thought...

Edited by Variable

Hey bardosy, we played episode two on Sunday and for some reason after two minutes of play we got a message that some woman (don't remember the name) got killed. A message came and told us to go rescue the pilots of a downed aircraft. It wasn't the GROUP respawn version you made for us, we were playing the regular no-respawn version.

Maybe some AI run her over or something? Just a thought...

Oh I tested this and I think I have the reason why she gets killed.

1. The ambient Airplanes

Somehow the Airplanes decide to to additional attack runs after dropping the bombs.

There is an empty PKM Pickup in front of Tereshkovas house, since I play with ASR_AI some AI idiot had the not so clever idea to get in as gunner. The first jet that came around decided to destroy the pickup and Tereshkovas house as well.

2. She is not in the house

Yeah somehow she managed to leave the house (the guards were still there).

A Plane attacked the town and I got the message that she is dead. I decided to have a look myself. She wasn´t in the house. I think the plane scared her and she ran off into the village, to be killed by the attacking plane...

So The planes do need to obey the careless command (Somehow this doesn´t work for airplanes. Maybe you sould try to remove all ammo for the gun and the AA rockets?)

thanks tonci for the test! i will try disableai 'target' and 'autotarget' for the plane. or i just remove all weapon (incl bombs) and just simulate the bomb with createvehicle.

OK. I decided to follow your earlyer advice Tonci: I just remove Tereskova in the begining in a safe place in the far woods. When player are near to Pavlovo and got the new orders to capture her, I teleport her into the house. I hope this solved the all problems.

Can anybody help me with a test? I tested it in vanilla ArmA2, but it could be great if someone else test it with AI mods, like ace or zeus.

Download the latest version of Chesty 02 (Force Recon).

Other question: I try to put the medic position down (to be #8 instead of #2), but it obviously failed. How can I put him down in the order? I edited the mission.sqm file and I replaced Item2 with Item8. But medic is still #2 in the mission.

If you want medic to have #8 not #2 change team leader for example to captain, then add few soldiers sergeant-s, corporal-s and few last units (also medic) should be private.

Ps: i'm not in home so i can't check how it's in your mission, i dont know if medic is sergeant, corporal etc.

I tested this new vesrion with Zeus AI and - holy crap, it was extremly difficult - it works: Tereskova didn't die and she was there. No one else was there they should be, only tereshkova. We just got fire from everywhere - I never played with Zeus before...

But I still need someone who could test it with ACE.

After yesterday test mission #2 with Zeus, we just play today mission #1 with Zeus AI mod for fun. And yes, it was. This was not so completly different as mission #2, but it was fast and full of cordite...

You should try it with ASR+TPWAC

Prepare for some serious firefights.

First post updated with the new version: 2.1 (please Armaholic admins, update the mirror!)

New in v2.1:

* Fixed: Missing/dead Tereshkova bug in mission #2

* Fixed: Rocket artillery bug in bonus mission #4a

* Change: Group respawn package instead of NoRespawn

Sorry, if you have dead link, I just overwrite the name, but it was zip and now rar. But I just update the first post again and now works!

Hey Bardosy, we played Force Recon last night and once the 'recce' objective was ticked we recieved a radio message that Tereshkova was dead. The chances we killed her are almost zero. We played the version you posted on this post. Is it the same mission version you released today?

Yes. This is the same. :( I just waiting for feedback, and I tested it and for me it works and no one else feddback bug, so I thought this version will work already. So I release it.

When was this happened? Where did you are? In pavlovo or front of it? Did you got the task to find her? And after or before?

In this version Tereshkova is not her safehouse, before you got the new orders to find her. She is far from the village until this new order. So I thought, only the player could kill her, no one else.

There were US bombers over the village? Did they bomb the village?

The AI don't kill civilian directly. So if opfor AI kill her it could only with explosition...

But you could continue the mission? Because if she killed, you cannot get this task done, but got the new orders to meet AAVs at Muffin point. Did you get these new orders?

When was this happened? Where did you are? In pavlovo or front of it?

We received the message she is dead when two of us were inside the town, while the rest approached it. By then, most of the enemy resistance was wiped out.

Did you got the task to find her? And after or before?

Yes. We received the orders to find her alive before we reached the town, after the "car accident" ambush.

There were US bombers over the village? Did they bomb the village?

Yes, there were bombers from the beginning but they seemed to drop bombs on other towns, not on the recce objective town. In any case, when we received the message she's dead there were no planes around. That message was received right at the moment the "recce" objective was completed.

you could continue the mission? Because if she killed, you cannot get this task done, but got the new orders to meet AAVs at Muffin point. Did you get these new orders?

Yes, that objective failed and we received orders to go rescue a pilot in a crash site or something like that. However, since most of us were dead by then, we quit the mission at that point.

Hope this helps...

bardosy, we completed the mission "Force Recon". Tereshkova was dead again (at least we received the message she was) but we continued to Muffin point and completed the mission which seemed to work great until the end.

We also completed the third mission of the campaign, "Rescue". It played flawlessly!

Thanks again!

We completed the missions "Rescue" and "Loyalty". Great job bardosy, these missions are great in coop. Especially "loyalty" - The high command in this mission adds a great dimension to the game. I wish there were more missions out there that utilize the HC module. No bugs encountered in these missions except for one:

On "Loyalty", the insertion chopper touches the ground momentarily and jumps back up to the sky. I gave the order to disembark and it did the same, but allowing us to jump out when it was low enough.

Thanks bardosy!

When I released this campaign, many player ask me to forget the HC. I took their advice, but in some of the PIROG's missions there are HC. In Mighty Justice there is no any, because players said it's too complicate them. :( I also like HC, but if we played Loyalty in coop, mostly I ordered the HC groups, because others want to focus personal fight and not commanding squads.

The helicopter was driven by a 3rd party script, it was necessary in that time, because the AI pilot put you in a very different place where you want. Now it's works better, but I stay the script in the mission, because it never failed in my gameplay. Probably it interfere with your mods or something.

I hope you will enjoy the last mission (steam roller) too. It has HC too.

Hi we played this last night and encountered a weird bug.

Basically whenever a player re-spawned, they lost all audio, i.e. no sound.

It wasn't a hardware problem since they continued to hear us via TS3.

It wasn't a rare problem either, all players experienced this.

I even replicated by hosting locally.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

It's a shame, because otherwise, we had a really great time (nice to be part of large force rather some 'lone wolf')

Sorry domokun, I have no idea how it was happened. I didn't use anything to reduce the ingame noise.

It's not relevant but I'm curious, what type of respawn did you use: the group one (when you respawn into a living, empty position) or the base type when you respawn into the same character who were before die?

If you use this last one... well (now I just thinking) probably it's not so irrelevant, because in that revive sript there is a 0 fadesound 0; command, but when you select the place where you want to respawn and hit enter, it gave the audio back with 0 fadesound 1;

If you use this type of respawn, could you please explain me how did you use? Do you wait for the respawn, or select a good place with left/right arrow key and the hit Enter to respawn?