bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

This is an announcement: Yesterday I started to rework Chesty Puller campaign. The main objective is to convert all the missions for coop playing (but still playable as single of course!). But if I touch it again, I add a few bonus: some of the enemy will drive by UPSMON script and I hope it add a whole new gameplay, because of its possibility to randomness and clever AI. And I add my HuntIR script (it's not a big deal, but if anyone want to use this cheap recon device, he can).

I'm working on base ArmA2, so still no need arrowhead (it means: no fancy weapons and backpacks)

I'll left the bonus (sniper/recon) mission (after the CDF mission, if you choose help CDF), because it's unplayable in coop. But probably add this mission into the pack (zip) alone.

PS: And I will triple check Tereshkova of course... ;)

This is an announcement: Yesterday I started to rework Chesty Puller campaign. The main objective is to convert all the missions for coop playing (but still playable as single of course!).

Great news Bardosy! Looking forward to it. May we ask for (at least the option to) "GROUP" type respawn?

May we ask for (at least the option to) "GROUP" type respawn?

Yes. Please force me to remember this a few weeks later. ;)

And, if you guys have favorite base arma2 weapon, what missing from the selectable pool, let me know and I'll put it.

No problem bardosy. I will keep an eye on you ;)

Regarding a weapon pool, a massive weapon pool selection, of all the US or Russian arsenal, is always a turn off. Include only the weapons you feel that shall not impact the balance of the mission and that you feel that are "fit" for.

Yes. Please force me to remember this a few weeks later. ;)

While you're at it, could you also make about 5 more 20 mission campaigns before Christmas?

That would be SO cool of you. Thanks and Merry Christmas, Mr. Bardosy.

I'm looking forward to those campaigns for my Christmas holiday fun time.

:p

This is an announcement: Yesterday I started to rework Chesty Puller campaign. The main objective is to convert all the missions for coop playing (but still playable as single of course!). But if I touch it again, I add a few bonus: some of the enemy will drive by UPSMON script and I hope it add a whole new gameplay, because of its possibility to randomness and clever AI. And I add my HuntIR script (it's not a big deal, but if anyone want to use this cheap recon device, he can).

I'm working on base ArmA2, so still no need arrowhead (it means: no fancy weapons and backpacks)

I'll left the bonus (sniper/recon) mission (after the CDF mission, if you choose help CDF), because it's unplayable in coop. But probably add this mission into the pack (zip) alone.

PS: And I will triple check Tereshkova of course... ;)

YES!

This is great news as long as it stays SP compatible (you could also release a MP and a SP version)

Too true. That's awesome Bardosy. All the season's finest greetings from the western alps

I'm ready with the first three missions. We just tested in coop the first two. And we find Tereshkova without problem. She was in her place.

UPSMON script rulez! It's almost a different gameplay. The enemy is smart and fight well.

Is there anybody who can help me test the reworked mission in single?

I need someone who can test in vanilla ArmA2 and Combined Operation (it's different).

And a question: I remove the First Aid modul from the missions, because I have bad experiences FirstAid in coop (after a few revive, the enemy stop shooting you and if you kill them, you got negative score). Is it a problem to anybody in singleplayer game mode if there is no First Aid?

Well you could make an option so the player can use a bandage or two and let a medic (or medic tent/vehicle) do the "full heal"/support. DAC is a nice script suite / addon too if you want some moar dynamic.... ;)

I play most time in SP and i think that missions with First aid module are better (in SP) if you lose your medic your teammates can still use first aid, I like to drag injured soldiers and heal them ;) in save place (under fire). You can always add some Hospital tents, or enemy ambulans on map if you will not use modules. Or maybe you can find a nice first aid script for player and ai teammates.

I play most time in SP and i think that missions with First aid module are better (in SP) if you lose your medic your teammates can still use first aid, I like to drag injured soldiers and heal them ;) in save place (under fire). You can always add some Hospital tents, or enemy ambulans on map if you will not use modules. Or maybe you can find a nice first aid script for player and ai teammates.

^this

please leve first aid in.

*rainsing hand to test campaign with CO and ACE+AI Mods

Tonci: request accepted. In the singleplayer campaign, I will put back First Aid.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

I'm finished the rework and I'm testing in multiplayer coop. But I need testers in single.

Here you can download the missions separately. Unrar the file and copy all missions to ArmA2's Mission folder. And you can play these one by one. It could be great if you can test it in base Arma2 without arrowhead AND with Combined Operation.

Please feedback here. Thanks!

Tonci, please test specially the First Aid, if you can. I use dynamic first aid, so I didn't put the first aid back, but if game is not multiplayer, I create Firstaid to the player's group.

Because of coop gameplay you can switch in all role in the squad, but many trigger activated only by the teamleader. So don't let him (Shelter) die!!! Revert if he die.

I notice that the bonus sniper mission is missing.

Yes, because it's one man mission, so I didn't rework to coop. But when I put the campaign together again, I will put that mission back (in original state).

Yes, because it's one man mission, so I didn't rework to coop. But when I put the campaign together again, I will put that mission back (in original state).

Yeah I ask because I wantd to test if the Artillery really strikes the target^^

Will test on saturday, should have some time then.

Yeah I ask because I wantd to test if the Artillery really strikes the target^^

Will test on saturday, should have some time then.

I knew it ;). And you can test it in Steamroller mission.

When I test in coop on base ArmA2 (without Arrowhead), the rocket artillery works fine in Steamroller missions! The setVectorUp command did what it had to. But I remembered you report issue about it, so probably in Arrowhead changed the setVectorUp command effect. I will also test it under arrowhead soon. But if you can please do it with Arrowhead too.

BTW, I started to rework PIROG campaign too. The first two missions are done and I tested it in base arma2 and CO and two gameplay was completely different!!! In CO the AI (enemies and friendlies) fight much better.

And I discovered a new feature: if someone play these missions in coop, I spawn more enemies. But if he play in single, there are only the standard amount of enemies spawned. So if you find Steamroller is too heavy, I will add a few if statement around enemy spawn.

Good to hear you are reworking your campaigns! Will they all be reworked in a SP version too? Hope you'll update also Operation Mighty Justice, it's one of the best campaigns I've played with its feriocious firefights!

Good to hear you are reworking your campaigns! Will they all be reworked in a SP version too? Hope you'll update also Operation Mighty Justice, it's one of the best campaigns I've played with its feriocious firefights!

Yeeah. Operation Mighty Justice is sick. Is one of the best!! I also like very much Chesty Puller and Pirog.

Recommend them to all people. Bardosy's campaigns are great.

Thank you guys for the nice words!

Yes, I reworked the single missions too (exactly there is only one mission type, but it is possible to play in single or coop too). The Chesty Puller is already done (I just need some testers' feedback from single gameplay) and then I will release it.

Now I working on PIROG.

Mighty Justice no need single player development, because I used all my knowledge in it. Now I just pump the same knowledge into Chesty and Pirog, what I used in Mighty. But I will made Mighty playable as coop too (two missions was already done).

If you have a small capacity (mostly time) to help me, please download the Chesty missions from link above and test it in single and reply if you find some issues.

Test of first Mission Beachhead:

Medic system seems to work fine.

The two AAVP that bring in Hammer Teams don´t join the fight, after a close inspection I saw that the crews have disembarked from the vehicle together with the Fireteams. Obviously that shouldn´t be the case.

I fought my way into Balota and entered the town with my squad. I received the radio call to proceed towards the airfield when I reached the city center, suddenly a whole group of enemys spawned at the city entrance, behind me and my group.

I noticed that there are many enemys with Adidas sportswear, too many. Maybe replace some of them with armed militias?

Tonci, thanks for your feedback:

1. I checked the AAV and in peaceful condition they work fine. Probably the AAVs were damaged lightly in the beach (there is a small counterattack from left flank). I added setDammage 0 to a few WP at the begining, probably it will help it.

2. Sorry for Balota accident, I fixed it.

3. Adidas = Lovotev :) Ok, There are three different script to spawn Chedaki squads and I change the leader type in two and only in has Lovotev the leader of the squad.

Other: in the original version, a Huey fly to support you when you were close to airport (and of course it was shot down immediately by the two ZsU). Did you notice this Huey action in your test? I didn't and I don't know why. Probably the Huey was downed earlier in the fight...

The huey engaged in the fight from the very beginning, killing targets to the west and around Komarovo.

Mission 2:

Something is wrong with the triggers. I repeatedly got the message that Tereshkova is dead before I even reached Pavlovo, together with the Task accomplished mark. It seems to happen when those ambient bombers appear. After countless tries I managed to get to the village without her beeing dead. She was in the house, no further problems.

One quick idea. It seems that the medic is always #2 or #3 in the squad. Imho it is much better to have him at one of the last positions, so that he doesn´t get killed that fast and so that it doesn´t mess up the formation if he has to go heal someone MG gunners should have the lower numbers, that minimizes the chance of friendly fire.

Edited by Tonci87