bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Sorry, I know how Arty Module working. It's just don't need me in this campaign. :) But thanks!

I use createVehicle to create the mood/atmosphere/props/scene as an rocket artillery strike. But unfortunately, the rockets itself don't want to be created after the patches. (in the basic version it worked).

Sorry, I know how Arty Module working. It's just don't need me in this campaign. :) But thanks!

I use createVehicle to create the mood/atmosphere/props/scene as an rocket artillery strike. But unfortunately, the rockets itself don't want to be created after the patches. (in the basic version it worked).

Hi Bardosy,

after Installing the Patch 1.60 I was looking forward to returning to Chernarus with your Campaign. The first mission looks really great, brings back memories from the original OFP campaign. :)

But after reading about the problems with the artillery module I wanted to make sure if this is already resolved in the current Version of your campaign or if you're still working on a fix.

Could you just give a quick heads up on the status before I continue? Thanks for your great work!

Hello. I'm trying to install your campaign and did as you said in the first page of this thread. I extracted the pullercamp.pbo (with the green ARMA icon next to it) to my newly created Campaigns folder, yet I can't find your campaign when I start ARMA. I am using vanilla ARMA II version 1.11 and WinRAR. Am I doing anything wrong or missing any steps?

It seems that you doing all good, but to be sure do you put pullercamp.pbo file in your Arma2\campaigns or maybe after unziping that campaign you put folder pullercamp (with pullercamp.pbo in it in to Arma2\campaigns) and you have something like this Arma2\campaigns\pullercamp\pullercamp.pbo, if yes this is wrong. You must put only pullercamp.pbo in Arma2\campaigns folder :)

I'm trying with WinZip now and one of the folders that was present in WinRAR no longer is available. I tried createing the pullercamp folder inside campaigns and extracting the .pbo to it but there was no result.

No,no,no in arma 2\campaigns you must put ONLY pullercamp.pbo and nothing else

For exampale:

C:\arma2\campaigns\pullercamp.pbo

if you create any oder folder in arma2\campaigns and you put there the pullercamp.pbo campaign will not work.

for example (this is wrong dont do that):

C:\arma2\campains\pullercamp\pullercamp.pbo Dont do like this!!

Ps: try 7-zip or use newer version of winrar or winzip

Edited by tom3kb

I did try without the extra folder but it didn't work either. Am I supposed to extract only the pullercamp.pbo (with the ARMA icon) to the the campaign folder or the rest of the items too? Also, should the folders be without capitals letters? Does that make any difference?

Yes put in campaigns folder ONLY pullercamp.pbo (file with arma2icon). Dont put there nothing else and dont create there any other folders.

You dont have to use capital letters in folder name but you can it not make any difference.

Make sure your folder is named campaigns not campaign

Hey, can you help me, i can't load my saved games. There is some error in my arma2 save file. Game chrashes to desktop, or says it cannot revert. I run Arma2 with no addons.

Edit: nevermind, i deleted save file and started over.

I have the same problem in the "Force Recon" mission. I also deleted the save and started over, but continue to have the same problem.

Cannot load 'C:\Users\Mutor\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\Campaigns\pullercamp\save.ArmA2Save'.

Up until this mission I could save and reload no problem.

I'm using ArmA 2 (original DVD release) patched to 1.11.86734, no addons/modifications.

Any ideas, useful log files, other debugging tips?

I created a new mini-campaign on NAPA side. Currently its a coop mission pack, but playable at single. Check it in the thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137457-CAMP-COOP-Day-of-NAPA

Chronologically, how do all you campaigns follow?

Day of NAPA > Chesty Puller > Pirog ?

Thanks for creating some of the best campaigns ever-created for the A2 series.

@Mutor: I have no idea. I test it right now: I played Force Recon and save many times and revert many times, but everything went fine. Where were you when save it? After the female terrorist or before she? Did you try revert other saved positions or only the last one?

@domkun: There is no chronologically order, these are independent. If you want play there in context, you will find many paradox. :)

SPOILER!

In the Chesty Puller, Americans reach the north border of Chernorus before the Russian could start their invasion, but in Pirog happened the opposite: Russian reach the southern region and Americans could only prevent to capture the 100% of Chernorus.

Probably the NAPA could be happened parallel with Pirog, but in Pirog there are CDF at North region, but in NAPA campaign CDF are at south and only NAPA fighter are at the North.

@Bardoy: thanks for the explanation. BTW how many players can play your 3 coop campaigns?

So far I've noted:

[CAMP] Chesty Puller (CO09, 6 missions)

[CAMP] Pirog (CO??, 6 missions)

[CAMP] Operation Mighty Justice (CO??, 8 missions)

Sorry. These campaigns are single player only. And now - i know how different coop mission editing - perfectly sure it's very hard to convert those to coop. Mighty's few missions are converted, but it was not easy...

Great campaign. But where do I find Tereshkova in the village? I think I've been in every house!

Search one more time i think she is in small black house (with 1 or 2 armed civilians).

She must have done a runner. I took out the two terrorists but the building was empty other than them. I take it none of the other internal doors are supposed to open?

@up

You maybe have right I was fixing few days ago couple of missions from my pack with civilians. I think something was changed in 1.60-> with civilians, becose in 1.5x->all was ok. Now they run from place where you put them on mission start (if they are close to armed units or close to firefight). Even if you put on them waypoint move. I found that disableai "move" in init help on that problem.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Later in mission if you need you can always use enableai "move" for that unit.

Im not sure what your last comment meant. Can I control her? For the sake of completion. I'd like to capture her.

No.If you know how to edit missions in editor you can fix this by yourself. Or you can wait for bardosy, he can check this problem and release fixed ver. Maybe there is other method to fix this problem byt I know only this method. For now I can only suggest you to use endmission or campaign cheat, you will jump to next mission.

Or you can check radius ~200m from that house maybe you will find her.