bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

You mean the spot marked by that orange circle rite? I was there, but no dialogues. Also, the radio from HQ said there would be an armor column. I only encountered 2 t-90s and 2 crew memebers walking on foot. Also, I waited a long time for them to show up. Are these the people I am supposed to talk to? Or maybe the guy that can start the dialogue got killed in a traffic accident? (friendly traffic accidents are so common in Arma 2 lol)

There should arrive 3 Tanks with their Crew inside, do you use some AI Mods?

There should arrive 3 Tanks with their Crew inside, do you use some AI Mods?

I am only using ACE 2 mod. So I need play this with vanilla version? Looks like the third tank got destroyed somehow. That's maybe why I only saw 2 tanks with 2 crew men walking on foot. Also, AIs drove their tanks like they just had several bottles of vodka. The vehicles were going crazy on the road.

:D

For always faithful mission, I selected not to help def the town, but board the chopper and left. Does that have any effects on later outcomes?

No, it doesn´t. You only missed an excellent bonus Mission. ACE shouldn´t effect the Tanks in that way, something went really wrong there, maybe you should reload and try again.

No, it doesn´t. You only missed an excellent bonus Mission. ACE shouldn´t effect the Tanks in that way, something went really wrong there, maybe you should reload and try again.

Last nite, I reloaded it. It worked this time. However. some weird thing still happened. This time all 3 tanks spawned okay. But they stopped long before reaching that spot marked by orange circle. But the dialogue started anyway. lol

Really strange...

Well I suggest you try the Mission again where you ave to decide if you stay or if you return to base. If you help the CDF, you get another Bonus Mission before Steam Roller

Downloading this campaign now! Can't wait to play it, everything is saying alot of good things about it ;)

Man this campaign is gold mine! With WarFX and GL4, the first mission almost took my breath away...And best part the frame rate is so smooth...

Well done and scripted.

Guys maybe I'm just really stupid or new to ARMA 2 or both, but how the heck do I get my troops to leave their trucks after radioing them to get in in 'Always Faithful'???

They should do it on their own when coming under Fire (if I remember correctly)

Falcon: it's HC (High Command). Do you know how working with HC?

Shift + Space switch to HC mode and you can add waypoint to other (under your command) squads. And you can change the TYPE of waypoints.

Originally there was no radio command to get in the trucks and player had to order them one by one with HC. Now, it's just a tool: order them into the trucks. Then you can use HC (putting waypoints where they should go). Determine a reorg-zone (close enough to battle, but safe engough) and the squads' last waypoint will be there. Then you change the last waypoint type to "GET OUT". So when your troops arrive, they will get out.

YOu can change Waypoint actions? Damn glad you told me this

YOu can change Waypoint actions? Damn glad you told me this

:D Did you complete the HC tutorial in the very begining? ;)

You can right-clisk to the HC WP and the conext menu (at left) change ,and you can set the type, speed, formation... etc.

Did they say this in the Turtorial? I really can´t remember

I didn't remember too, but I "feel" there was a task to change a HC squad formation by right-click.

You are right, they must have included it with one of the patches, I played those Missions only once after Release

@Bardosy:

Best ever missions, thx for them, big challenge, immerse, and very well thought. Koszi erte. ;)

Any more from you? or any plans?

@Bardosy:

Best ever missions, thx for them, big challenge, immerse, and very well thought. Koszi erte. ;)

Any more from you? or any plans?

szia, kosz.

I did a russian side campaign: pirog. You can find it here or armaholic. Sorry, i cannot link it now, bacause i use a cellphone and a very weak wifi. But pirog is not as good as chesti. :( but i'm working on a arrowhead campaign.

Great news. By the way I enjoyed Pirog too, but still think that Chesty Puler is better. I just can´t tell why...

Mybe the small things like IEDs, or Sharpshooters on Rooftops that were missing in Pirog.....

but i'm working on a arrowhead campaign.

Excellent. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Are you playing multiplayer as well or SP only?

I thought that sometimes would be great to just fire up a mission with a friend or two only and try to work as a team. I never was fun of public servers because of lack of teamwork. What do you think?

Ugh, I hated the IED in the second mission.

I don't mind getting shot, but a surprise explosion is just annoying (turns the game into trial and error). It's a good thing there's a save point not too far before it though.

I thoght the IED was a great surprise^^

Seriously, when i aproached the site i already knew that something is not ok there, therefore i speeded up and the vehicle got only damaged instead of destroyed

@Bahger, or you can simply drive through the site quickly. The IED somehow triggers only when you convoy goes past it. Obviously designed for story telling, not for killing.

By the way, the use of the term "FORCE RECON" as a verb in this mission isn't accurate. Force Recon is a noun used by the USMC referring to that small group of elite marines (still marines though) that usually run specops prior to an attack like what the force recon guys in red harvest do. It is not a verb referring to going through an area or scouting an area by force. Not a biggie anyways, just for the information of those mil fans out there.

He was probably thinking of "Recon in force".

At the end of the mission Force Recon what do I do to end the mission? I have the girl and the humvee is there and I'm just sitting around.

Did you go close enough to the Humvee? Try to touch it (but don't get in).

It's a trigger activated 2m around the humvee if you have the girl, the a few chitchat and the girl get in the humvee and they leave. Then you will get new orders via radio...