bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Sorry, haven´t got many time to play the last few days. Really good to see a new version out, will try it ASAP^^

Hey guys!

I upload the next version. It contains 6 missions. This is all. Now I'm working on the capaign's outro, so the release is very soon. I really need your help to test it, to fix all bugs before release.

@Kommiekat: Thanks, but Bahger volunteer first. But you will be credited in the beta-testers if you feedback about missions! And your name will be in lights. ;)

@Kommiekat: Thanks, but Bahger volunteer first. But you will be credited in the beta-testers if you feedback about missions! And your name will be in lights. ;)

I'm on mission 4 as of now.

Do you prefer your feedback here or at OFPEC?

I'm on mission 4 as of now.

Do you prefer your feedback here or at OFPEC?

Doesn't matter. Just gimme, gimme, gimme... :P :yay:

@AnimalMother92

You told me here, you liked Chesty Puller, but I found in your campaign's feature list: "NO HighCommand..."

I just wandering what is your opinion about HC?

Because a friend of mine stopped Chesty, when he arrived to the first mission with HC. Not everybody like HC. And I need to know what people think about HC to use this info in my next campaign...

The PIROG is full of HC battles, because I found it useful (better way then mission designer's WPs for the AI squads). But if people don't like it, I can create oldskool (HC-free) missions.

Many People think thats HQ is too complex. You have to care about your Team AND about others too. I think its a good Feature because it gives you some additional Firepower

@AnimalMother92

You told me here, you liked Chesty Puller, but I found in your campaign's feature list: "NO HighCommand..."

Because a friend of mine stopped Chesty, when he arrived to the first mission with HC. Not everybody like HC. And I need to know what people think about HC to use this info in my next campaign...

The PIROG is full of HC battles, because I found it useful (better way then mission designer's WPs for the AI squads). But if people don't like it, I can create oldskool (HC-free) missions.

Many People think thats HQ is too complex. You have to care about your Team AND about others too. I think its a good Feature because it gives you some additional Firepower

Sorry Mr. Bardosy. I don't like the HC either.

That's going to be part of what I'll write, tomorrow, on OFPEC about your new campaign. I won't say much right now.......

HC is a headache. Sure, it gives more fire power, but so do the other squads you have in 1st and 4th missons.

In those missions, my squad runs into other squads, sets off a trigger, they join as AI and do their own thing. They live, they die.

They contribute, they don't. To me, that's what makes the campaign missions so less predictable.

I have too much trouble controlling and keeping my own squad alive, much less 2 or 3 others.

Your missions are mixed with HC and AI squads. I'd rather have a giant squad of 12 guys, where I could keep a close eye on them, if you choose to do it that way. Old school is not such a bad thing.

Will write more later....

Maybe you should make only Armored units as High command. Its always good to have an additional BMP

@AnimalMother92

Personally I think that HC was done quite well in Chesty, and made for an enjoyable mission. However I tend to avoid using HC because I prefer smaller/spec ops missions with direct control over a few team members. For massive action? Yeah it's great. But I'm definitely aware that some people dislike it (including me in most situations.) It really depends how its done. I'd say it makes for a good change, but preferably not in every mission. Also my campaign is focused on a very small team where the player does not have to worry about complex squad commanding, so I chose to highlight that fact ;)

Thank you guys for all of your answers!

Next time I will try to avoid or minimalize the HC.

In the 5th mission - as Tonci said - you can HC only an armored team, but other infantry teams, just act in my (designer's) way...

Bardosy I loved your campaign so much that I'm making one of my own very similar to yours. And it includes High Command missions.

As a side note, I didn't realize how similar our campaigns were until I recently started playing yours again. I'm going to have to make a pretty massive switch in mine so they aren't too similar :p

Also, Bardosy, can you show me where/how to make the radio conversations that you have throughout your campaign? I wanted something like that but I can only ever get one message at a time. Also how do you do the white text at the bottom of the screen when someone near you is "talking"?

@MacScottie:

It's not a problem if you missions are similar as mine. I just found how my Russian campaign is similar to my USMC campaign... :P Don't modify yours because of similarity!

The radio chats:

When you have a trigger to start a radio Chat, dont write sideChat command in the On Activation field, but this: [] exec "radiochat1.sqs"

Then create a file (named "radiochat1.sqs") in you mission's folder and write the whole conversation into this file, like this:

hq sideChat "This is papabear, razor come in! Over"

~5

player sideChat "This is razor. What's your order sir? Over"

~6

..etc

The ~5 means wait 5 seconds before show the next line in the conversation.

The subtitle-like convesation is very similar:

TitleText["- How I hate this sit, bro...","PLAIN DOWN"]

~4

TitleText["- I don't care, just feed my machinegun!","PLAIN DOWN"]

~5

TitleText[" ","PLAIN DOWN"]

The last line (write a single space to the screen) is necesarry to hide the last before line.

Cool Bardosy, thanks!

And I meant similar in it's a lot of the same towns, so I'm going to move over to the east side of chernarus for the rest of my campaign. It should be easy to work in, plus there are a couple of towns there that I really love making missions in. :)

Thank you, thank you thank you....

for making regular infantry campaigns! thank you. People please don't get this wrong, but: I'm sooo fed up with all this "special" stuff. I am under the impression that wars nowadays are only fought and won by "special people" and not the thousands and thousands of soldiers who risk and loose their lifes on the battlefields. thank you bardosy for not forgetting them.

just started the pirog campaign and I must say: it's so nice to finaly play a different side than the americans. thanks for that as well. :)

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*
typo

Did bardosys new campaign ever get finished then? I keep checking back every now & again for updates but its all gone quiet! I downloaded the first few missions released but still waiting to play the full campaign :)

Did bardosys new campaign ever get finished then? I keep checking back every now & again for updates but its all gone quiet! I downloaded the first few missions released but still waiting to play the full campaign :)

I think Mr. Bardosy got warped into one of his missions and is busy fighting his way out of his campaign back into 'reality' right here with us.....:D

Hey!

The campaign is almost finished. Bahger are working on the proofing a few missions' English text. And SaOK had a few minor suggestion. But PIROG is very close to release.

Very nice to hear that, and my exams are over too, so I have some free Time again^^

Thank you guys for all of your answers!

Next time I will try to avoid or minimalize the HC.

In the 5th mission - as Tonci said - you can HC only an armored team, but other infantry teams, just act in my (designer's) way...

:yay:

thats good news. the feel you got in your first or 2nd mission is where it is at for me. into the warzone, fighting, working up against the enemy but not rambos going alone but rather part of a bigger war.

Bardosy, your Missions are missing only one little Thing: The sweet little surprises like enemy Snipers on Towers and Stuff like this. I saw so many good Sniper Positions witout Snipers or MGs on them :rock: I also Think you should make the Battle of Berenzino look like a battle with many defenders and other Russian Squads attacking.

Realy sweet campaign! I liked it actually more then the main Arma 2-campaign. :)

Great Campaign. One of the best I ever played. However, I am stucked at Mission 5 Steamroller. I went up north and set up a roadblock. Russians arrived, but they just stood there. There is no1 I can talk to. I waited 5 min, nothing happens. So what should I do next?

If you are at the right spot (check map) then a dialogue should start. Maybe you try to reload ...