bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Just about the en-route IED in the car - I didn't know this existed until I read here and went back to find it. I walked point to point and completely missed this part.

is her name Damsel? i found her at the house with a red golf 4 car. But i acnt do anything with her, i dont understand>

is her name Damsel? i found her at the house with a red golf 4 car. But i acnt do anything with her, i dont understand>

I don't remember her name, but when i found her, she has joined to my group, and started to follow me... :rolleyes:

By the way, this campaign is very good! I just managerd to finish it!

Remember She is IN a House. A Dialogue should start when you get close to her

Hey guys!

Because of your fantastic support, I started to work on a new campaign.

Errr.... maybe it's just an experiment. The first two mission - I hope - will be ready to Monday. It's a red (russian) side campaign, but same infantry-oriented as Chesty. But I have a few problems:

1., M16A4 is much more effective as AK-107... I cannot use this Russian assault-rifle... if I can, I drop it for a Dragunov. But Dragunov is useless in close range... Is it my fault? Is it BIS fault? Or it's realistic and Mr Kalashnikov cannot design weapons (I don't think so)

2., The Russian medic is a nightmare. It's sergeant and full skill, but he is insane and slow as a snail. He is 3 meter away from the wounded, I ordered him to heal, but he start to run around the wounded (for 10 minutes!!!!) and - if I lucky - heal it. But if I unlucky, he cannot find the wounded while he died in wounds... Is it possible, the RED side medic's AI is much worst as BLUE side or it's something new in v1.05 ????

For clrear: it's an addon free mission and I don't use any 3rd party addon when I test.

Yeah, I have the same problem with russian medics when I play on russian side too... seems like they are not too willing or spontaneous. Even civilians are more spontaneous but hey NEW CAMPAIGN FROM BARDOSY?!?!?!?! YAYAAYAYAYYA!!!! I played chesty 3 times already and its really getting bland...eheheheh

For clrear: it's an addon free mission and I don't use any 3rd party addon when I test.

Bardosy, for this alone you should get the distinguished modding cross!

Regarding the medic, something that can keep them from starting up healing is if the wounded guy is in a dangerous spot. A bit of dragging away can often speed things up. But the trick would most likely be:

1. set mode on someone so that he becomes bold enough to drag from a dangerous position (can't remember if it is AWARE ?)

2. drag the dude

3. make the medic heal

Sorry if this is obvious to a mod-meister such as you, this was just what I could think of right away.

Thanks so much for keeping on building great SP missions

:)

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Speaking of Add-Ons: One thing I can handle when it comes to addons are new maps, such as the beautiful islands. But it concerns me when addons mess with the brains of the game. Perhaps I am just showing my noobiness :o

BTW, after I found this launcher, I never have problems with starting up addon-free - which Bardosys campaign would require - or with a few select addons such as Isla Duala:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81060

No ACE?:pet5:

Well I´ll play it anyway, and together with ACE AI+Zeus AI+GL4 AI it will really rock^^

One thing I like about Bardosy's missions is that you can throw in any kind and any amount of mods and you can't break the mission. :)

That's great news, Bardosy. You have an enormous bag of tricks and I'm eager to see which of them you pull out for this campaign.

Chesty Puller has inspired me to enter the world of A2 mission editing, which, as you may recall, is not without its frustrations at the beginning!

Really looking forward to your new campaign Bardosy! keep up the good work, Chesty seems to have pleased the whole community so this one has plenty to live up to! :cool:

Looking forward to this too! Would using ACE balance the issue of AK107 vs M16A4?? Just a thought.

Yesterday, I finished the second mission. At weekend I will playtest both and detail the briefings (it's also bad English, but - because of it's a Russian campaign - not so annoying (I hope)).

When I finished this second mission, I laugh, because of the similarity to Chesty Puller. I really didn't want this - and I promise, it's completly different - but in the first mission you have to capture an airfield and in the second, you have to force recon a valley... :D

Additionally a friend of mine warn me, in this second mission I re-use an objective from my ArmA1 campaign (Perpetua) :P . But don't worry, this campaign will be unique!

The last mission in this is driving me mad, I try to tell the APC's, humvee's and other squads to do something, and they'll just wander around pretty much ignoring my commands, dispersing all over the place. I think I will just send them straight into the shit and let them have it because it's pretty annoying trying to command them.

The last mission in this is driving me mad, I try to tell the APC's, humvee's and other squads to do something, and they'll just wander around pretty much ignoring my commands, dispersing all over the place. I think I will just send them straight into the shit and let them have it because it's pretty annoying trying to command them.

Make sure when telling them to move you dont set them to "seek & destroy" & also set their movement speed to limited & in danger mode, that usually keeps them in better formation ive found

I won't bother me too much if your Russian campaign missions are superficially similar to your Chesty Puller scenarios, as long as they are at least half as good!

Don't forget, I am available and willing to "translate" your non-native English into good miltary prose, just let me know.

Yesterday I started to work on 4th mission. But the campaign is still noname. The working name is Mayday (maybe it's will be the official name too - if you don't suggest a better).

The medic is still bad, but - I know, it's just woodoo - if I change his weapon from (default)AK74U to AK107, he works better. ;)

When I finish the 5th mission, I'll start a beta-test stage. Can you guys help me in this?

Bahger: thanks, I'll ask you to proofe the texts, but this will be the final process, because the texts changes very often. Eg: in the first version, the player's team codename was GOLUBOY (when I studied Russian - a lot of decades ago) it meant "blue". But later I read a text and I found "goluboy" means "gay" in the modern Russian slang, so I had to rename the group... :P

Eg: in the first version, the player's team codename was GOLUBOY (when I studied Russian - a lot of decades ago) it meant "blue". But later I read a text and I found "goluboy" means "gay" in the modern Russian slang, so I had to rename the group... :P

I lol'd :p

Sounding good!

Just completed the campaign. I want to thank you Bardosy for your efforts to give us such a wonderful experience.

I played the whole campaign with no errors with the following addons and mods:

@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@gdtgrass;@sakusun;@CSM2;@JTD

I have to say since I downloaded the ACE mod, this campaign is a lot harder, on my first vanilla playthrough I stormed the town where you take the woman hostage on the force recon mission with no casualties & no real problems, but in ACE you have to approach slowly, use cover & chip away at the defenders rather than storm in! The campaign is awesome with or without ACE, but seems a lot harder (but good) with it!

Edited by trickster1982

I just got a new rig, so I'm looking forward to play this. Thanks!!:yay: