bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Can I get some support please? I'm stuck on Steamroller / Hold the Russians and I'll put what's wrong in the SPOILER below...

I've got to the marker and am told to hold the Russians. So I've spread my troops around and I wait. And wait. I wait for ages so decide to jump in the truck and see what is north.

At grid square 01290013 there is an enemy General who is lying on the ground, unarmed. Nothing else around.

Can anyone help please?

If you wait around long enough, a column of Russian tanks shows up,cant remember how long it takes but its not too long, theres a bit of dialogue between you & them & then the mission ends

Ah right, I definitely didnt wait that long,maybe 3 or 4 minutes at the most, maybe a trigger didnt work on that try?

Thanks, though I waited 25 in-game minutes before getting bored :(

Thanks for the bugreport! I'll check it!

Bardosy,

I'm really enjoying this campaign. I'm playing through the first mission slowly with the ACE mod. It's just scarily realistic! If that's what you were shooting for I'd say you captured that dead-on! I love playing massive realistic battles with lots of AI!

I also referred it to a friend and he loves it!

Any chance of a Co-op version anytime soon? Sorry didn't read through all 19 pages of posts to ask this question.

My friend and I are looking forward to more from you.

:)

5 out of 5!

Bardosy,

Great campaign!!!! Im doing Force Recon, just did the Pavlovo mission. When I go to Muffin to regroup, I cant get AI to rearm. I did a search, but a gazillion threads come up with no relevence whatsoever. How do I get AI to rearm?? I only have five left!! And have to go to Zelenogorsk!!

@Stg Mack:

Thanks! I don't plan to rewrite this campaign for multiplayer. But my old OFP campaign was rewrite for coop by guys, who can do it. I'm really bad in multiplayer scripting (it's a little bit different as the single player, so it's not easy to me). But if anybody want to rework this campaign, I can send him the sources (or he can dePBO the campaign file), I approve his work.

@Roush: You mean the basic ArmA rearm command? You select your AI teammate and press button "6" (if I remember well) and then you will see a list (menu) and you can select the "rearm". But it works only, if a depo are near (eg: the truck in Force Recon mission is full off ammo).

Its best to send the soldier to the truck, and when hes next to him select gear in the (I Think) it was 6 menu

Replayed FORCE RECON mission with GL4 and the assault on Pavlovo was HELL ON EARTH!!!! Enemies were being called in from all directions, wave after wave of enemies poured themselves on us, overrunning our position with URALs and all the vehicles they could get their hands on and constant artillery bombing from God knows where!!! Geez, I don't remember seeing any artillery pieces on the map anywhere but artillery were raining down on our positions so often we cannot stay in one place for too long... ended up with only 4 survivors on my side...geez!!!!

Wait till you get to Steamroller. Didn´t you lower the reinforcement range? You should thunk about it, or else there will be noone left at Zelenogorsk to fight you

I did... lowered reinforcement distance to 100m. :) Still aggressive as hell!!! Even lowered advancing for non-surpressed weapons to 400m. Just finished the rescue mission, recruited 2 AAVs onto my side along with a secret help, SKYE, hidden in the hill north of the objective area (wonder why Bardosy hid Skye alone up in that hill in that mission, any purpose? :) )! Even with all that help, enemies were once again raining artillery from god knows where onto us and pouring onto us like tidal waves! In the end, we sacrificed 7 men just to save that 6 men...sigh...

JESUS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL OF YOU PLAY OR REPLAY THIS CAMPAIGN USING GL4!!!! ITS A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!!! Artilleries, Reinforcements, Auto CAS, Everything you never got before, its all activated in this campaign! (yes, even friendly reinforcements! GL4 was clearly designed with big scale combats such as these in mind!)

One advise, always keep your ammo truck close... you WILL need it!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I did... lowered reinforcement distance to 100m. :) Still aggressive as hell!!! Even lowered advancing for non-surpressed weapons to 400m. Just finished the rescue mission, recruited 2 AAVs onto my side along with a secret help, SKYE, hidden in the hill north of the objective area (wonder why Bardosy hid Skye alone up in that hill in that mission, any purpose? :) )! Even with all that help, enemies were once again raining artillery from god knows where onto us and pouring onto us like tidal waves! In the end, we sacrificed 7 men just to save that 6 men...sigh...

JESUS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL OF YOU PLAY OR REPLAY THIS CAMPAIGN USING GL4!!!! ITS A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!!! Artilleries, Reinforcements, Auto CAS, Everything you never got before, its all activated in this campaign! (yes, even friendly reinforcements! GL4 was clearly designed with big scale combats such as these in mind!)

One advise, always keep your ammo truck close... you WILL need it!

yeah 'incoming' artillery, that isn't scripted and could come at any moment, is what has been missing from the game for a long time. that makes you remember how tough a real battle can be.

Have been playing this with ACE/Zeus/GL4 since I downloaded it and its some heavy going. I ended up as one man (me) when finding the woman to arrest in Pavlovo I was then hunted for another 10 mins around buildings. I was running some serious CQB in that town like a lone wolf it was crazy, and very tense.

I attempted that mission 7 times from multiple directions, the best was to drive straight into the village at high speed and then disembark parked into some houses for cover, then spread my men out all directions and held the position, and boy do they keep coming.

GL4 and this campaign is a great demo for GL4's dynamics. Where else do you get a superb campaign like this with an addon that adds even more to it than the mission creator scripted, and all random every time :)

Edited by mrcash2009

After reading all this...damn I have to play the Campaign again

(wonder why Bardosy hid Skye alone up in that hill in that mission, any purpose? :) )

There are two missions in the campaign, where the Razor Team is in presence. But I guess, you mean the mission, when you have to rescue the prisoners.

Well, I added to Skye as a debug/cheat to me, when I test this mission. I can switch to him and watch from above, what happen.

As AI controlled character, he never involved in the fight.

But when I finish this mission, finally I left him in it as an Easter Egg. Some players found this mission is hard, and when he are close enough, Skye is activated and can switch to him and use his sniper rifle as a support to your squad.

@BARDOSY, Am I the first to discover this easter egg? hehehehehe I recruited him using GL4 as number 11 and he kicked ass with the team all the way to the end... makes me wonder... did you up his armor or something? he is one butt kicking rambo! ahahaha

There are two missions in the campaign, where the Razor Team is in presence. But I guess, you mean the mission, when you have to rescue the prisoners.

Well, I added to Skye as a debug/cheat to me, when I test this mission. I can switch to him and watch from above, what happen.

As AI controlled character, he never involved in the fight.

But when I finish this mission, finally I left him in it as an Easter Egg. Some players found this mission is hard, and when he are close enough, Skye is activated and can switch to him and use his sniper rifle as a support to your squad.

Yeah i used him. Though i found him by accident when looking map. :)

Great mission btw.

I have started this campaign and I made it to the airport in the first mission with no men left, but, I am standing at the marked spot but mission does not end, any ideas what I need to do? thank you.

@Blackpulpit, the airport is not where that mission ends. Check your task list. There should be one more task for you to go back to that initial town.

I have started this campaign and I made it to the airport in the first mission with no men left, but, I am standing at the marked spot but mission does not end, any ideas what I need to do? thank you.

The APC is waiting for you in a village that you just assaulted. Just get in there and you should be transported back to beginning where the mission ends. Atleast that's how i think it was.

Great campaign, really enjoyed it, would make one or two suggestions.

1) Scatter one or two medic tents/BMPs around. Things can get a touch irritating if you lose your team medic early and have to spend the rest of the mission with shaky arms and a totally injured team.

2) Not so much a complaint but some of the English could use touching up, its obviously not your first language though so I can hardly complain.

3) Some odd spawn scripts. In the part where you have to destroy 3 Shilkas I destroyed one and a group of about 8 bad guys spawned right on top of my team. I killed them all and as I was picking the guys who were left alive up, another group spawned and annihilated me.

4) Its very odd that your playable numbers are One, Five and Ten, because if you lose number one the mission is essentially over seeing as AI leaders won't do the mission. I'm guessing you did this so you have acess to sniper and AT, but you could put the Sniper and AT gunner at position two and three.

Best user campaign so far though IMHO.

Edited by EBass

@You_looking_at_me?: Thank you for suggestions!

1., Usually I did it. I also hate aiming with shaking hand. I don't remember now to all mission's map, but I'm sure, I tried to put medic objects in the field. But your suggestion is confirmed me and I'll try to do it much careful in the future.

2., In the new version (v1.1) the texts was corrected by to Americans, so I hope it's much better.

3., My fault. Sorry. But because of it's a great game and the player has so much freedom and he can come everywhere, it's hard to find the best position for spawn. But because of engine limitation, spawn is vital technic to preserv CPU.

4., I studied it. Lot of your brothers in arms in this topic (and in OFPEC) suggested this to me. So I'll keep it in my mind in my next work.

Thanks!

In your next work? There will be more stuff coming from you? Yeah

@BARDOSY, I petition on behalf of all serious ArmA2 players, PLEASE keep the chesty puller series alive... we need Chesty Puller 2, 3, 4 ,5 ..... heheheheh!