bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Well I have to say that this campaign was much better than the original campaign. For a non-english speaker the english was passable enough to enjoy the hell out of this campaign. I hope you make another bardosy! :)

P.S. I played through with ace with no problems.

Edited by MacScottie

OMG! I will try to beat the first mission ASAP... tried it countless times and never made it alive :(

The way I did that (depending on where your stuck)

was to make a point of sniping the guy manning the AA gun on the control tower at the airfield ASAP before he gets chance to shoot down your helicopter support, then the chopper keeps circling the airfield & the door gunner takes out a fair few of the Chedaki on the ground! It also seems best to stay put in the cover of the nearby village & shoot the enemies as they try run over that small ridge next to the runway, the other marine squads help out a lot of you keep pace with them too

man, i think my problem is that I always move my squad ahead of the other AI squad and then get beaten down... I will let them open the way first when i play again..hehehe

Yeah you'll find through this whole campaign its best to keep pace with the AI squads or you'll get wiped out pretty quickly, once you get past the first mission & the one that follows it you'll get to play some really awesome missions!

Beat the first mission and captured the airfield at last! hahaha, yes, I must not act as though my squad is the only squad in the field and try to coordinate the actions of the other AI squads and everything went perfect. I lost 2 men and the only thing I killed was a cow, hahahahah!

I'm at the Always Loyal mission. So far this campaign rocks. I'm not going to harp on the bad English, although I won't be surprised if I see "Some one set up us the bomb."

At the very start of the campaign I felt like the first guy off the boat on D-Day. I kept catching a bullet with my head as soon as I stepped off the chopper. After I finally got past that, I picked up steam and started really enjoying this.

Currently having trouble getting my troops off the trucks when I want them to. I may have to go in with only my marines and leave the CDF at home or send the CDF to their deaths and then sneak in with my marines. Not your fault. Just one of the quirks of the game.

Any way, thank you for making this fantastic campaign. I look forward to any more that you do in the future.

Try Chesty Puller mission 1 with the GL4 mod guys, you will be SURPRISED how it transforms that mission..heheheheh

I've only just tried the Chesty Puller campaign - using 1.05 and ACE2 - and let me just say - it is by far the best user-made campaign out there.

Well done Bardosy, it is obvious you put a lot of time and effort into making this. 10/10 :)

I've only just tried the Chesty Puller campaign - using 1.05 and ACE2 - and let me just say - it is by far the best user-made campaign out there.

Well done Bardosy, it is obvious you put a lot of time and effort into making this. 10/10 :)

It is a very good one, however much to my disappointment its also just about the only one out there! You guys know where there are any other good campaigns to download? Ive tried armaholic but barring this one, the others on there were rushed out in the weeks following the games release so they lack any real depth or fancy stuff!

Hey Bardosi, Happy New Year!

Any new campaigns from you?

C'mon dude, Chesty was awesome, do one more!

Post deleted (can I not delete my own posts?)

Edited by horrgakx

Shes in a house at the north of the town. Be carefull she has a guard!

Shes in a house at the north of the town. Be carefull she has a guard!

Another quick one please, to destroy the Zelenogorsk relay station, how do I do it? Is there somewhere to get demo charges from?

Another quick one please, to destroy the Zelenogorsk relay station, how do I do it? Is there somewhere to get demo charges from?

Your truck. :)

... what, ram it??

Worth noting that I captured a Shilka, drove it in front of the shack and then used a Javelin to blow it up, but the shack was still standing.

Don't you know you can gear from your truck ( in fact, all vehicles) ?? Played the official campaign yet?

I think I left the truck at the start, I'll have a look later, see if I can remember where I parked it (oops :)

As for the original campaign, yeh I played it through 4 times. Always got stuck at the VERY buggy Dogs of War mission and I've never actually finished it :(

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late update. But finally arrived:

Chesty Puller v1.1

The main change is the English proofing. (Thx to RoadWarriorUSMC and savedbygrace)

Currently I could upload it to my site, but I will inform the Armaholic, and I hope they will mirror soon.

New in v1.1:

* all dialogues, briefings corrected

* added radio chat, when Intel Humvee arrived at Komarovo to call the player to the church.

* modified heliroute altitude from 45m to 55m in the begining of Always Faithful mission

* SPOILER: modified radiochat in the Scope mission: if player kill the ruskie, but didn't noticed the arty battery.

* some players stucked in Komarovo in the first mission. Now always continue the attack after 200sec if player entered in Komarovo

* open to drive the repair and ambulance vehicle in the Always Faithful mission.

Thanks for this! Usual question; can we update and keep our savegame position?

Also, just a small suggestion about the dialogue in the mission regarding grammar and spelling. Have you considered running the English dialogue through an English person? I would happily volunteer to read and correct any English spelling and grammatical errors before the mission was released...

can we update and keep our savegame position?

I guess not. :(

running the English dialogue through an English person?

Yes, I did. RoadWarriorUSMC and savedbygrace are yankees and they fixed it. Thanks for them!