bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Sure you have, And people still enjoy your campaign, maybe you should make a new one^^

Sorry, currently I'm working a campaign for an other game (Combat Mission: Shock Force). It's keep my motivation high, because I will not bore ArmA2... ;)

But I'll return soon.

WOW! What an activity are here?!?! I thought everybody forgot this campaign. But it's great if ACE did it better. Maybe I have to try it with ACE.... :P

Bardosy my man! :) Chesty puller campaign is the most unique campaign for ArmA2 because so far, neither the stock game nor user made campaigns focus on pure infantry action like what the stock ArmA1 campaign did except you! :) Chesty Puller + ACE will REALLY make the campaign varied and fun! Looking forward to your ACE version of chesty puller.

By the way, what does Chesty puller mean?

Also, if you need voice actors, please many of us are willing to volunteer and help for free. Let us help you make chesty puller better. :)

Wow, just tried the first mission of this with ACE, that was pretty fuckin intense. The scenarios and debriefings so far are also very realistic even if the English is not great.

Didn't realize how good this campaign is, I hope there's more to come!

Edited by Njayjay

debriefings so far are also very realistic even if the English is not great.

Realistic?...

"Hey, field commander! There are WMDs over there! We think."

"I don't have a map of this country we just invaded!"

This was a gag. I like it that he tried to include humorous things in the Campaign

Yeh, thats a gag. The scenarios and battleplans are militarily quite believable and realistic as far as my knowledge tells me. The first battle played out beautifully with ACE. About to play the "recon in force" mission now.

Definitely the best campaign for this game so far, loved it when I first played it through & im loving it again now ive come back for more! :cool:

Tested the First Mission with ACE and Zeus AI Yesterday.....WOW :eek:

It really kicks Ass

I'm already at the 2nd mission and ACE features don't work (shift+f for example). Can anyone confirm they have this error or is it just on my side? Happened in SEALS campaigns too, when I passed to a new mission, ACE features disappeared.

Try to restart the Mission. Happens often to me when I reload a Mission after restarting ARMA

I faced the problem of ACE key strokes sporadically failing to work when running other mods along with ACE. Try running just ACE and ACEX with Chesty Puller without other mods.

Not sure I dig the Zeus mod. The shooting is a little too blatantly inaccurate.

Not sure I dig the Zeus mod. The shooting is a little too blatantly inaccurate.

Well, as Zeus suggested, you can play around with the config value to see what value suits your own style of play better. Yes, its ridiculous that my sniper takes 10 to 20 shots to kill some one... guess its a case of give and take since they cannot make snipers more accurate than others.

I'll skip it for now, it didn't convince me. ACE on its own is better.

anyways, that's what mods are for, to customize the game to YOUR NEEDS. Use whatever works for you, there's no point getting frustrated everyday just because you try to convince yourself into using things that others find good but you do not.

Fantastic work Bardosy I have just finished your campaign, I had much fun and sometimes it got on my nerves, but this is more ARMAII gameplay that your campaign. Can't wait for your next Campaign, and keep it simple no addons like this one. Cheers!:)

Tested the First Mission with ACE and Zeus AI Yesterday.....WOW :eek:

It really kicks Ass

Did the same and got my ass kicked BIG TIME! hahahaha! Still, I don't like the squad mates walking around under fire so much like they do these days. In the 1.04 unmodded version, squad mates run from cover to cover so quickly they are hard to catch up with and that's what real soldiers do! not that half squat specop like cat walking thing. :(

Ive played this differently this time around, and on the mission where you have to capture two villages with a load of CDF under high command, I managed to do it with most of the CDF units intact, so after the ambush when you get the choice to either help the CDF hold the village or extract in the chopper, I stayed & helped out this time (made fairly easy by the fact that BMP-2 was still operational), so after that I was given the choice to go on that special ops mission, & I have to say Bardosy I love how you did the slow motion sniping part, it works really well & looks great! :cool:

If you stay to help out the CDF, you get offered a special ops mission to go & take out a Russian advisor who is meeting with the Chedaki, so you go off on a drive to find the guy, then when you do & you get in your sniping position, you snipe him & his guard with a Dragunov & you get like a slow mo sequence when you take shots at them, its been done before in games like brothers in arms hells highway, but it looks really cool here!