bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

@MadRussian

You should be able to do it pretty easily by a quick change of the ranks for the player and all the player group AIs. Bump the player up and the others down. Maybe in an upcoming version?

Very good idea! Thanks for report it! I'll do something with it soon.

@PaperCut

just barely cleared the trees at the beginning.

Well, it never happend with me. I set the flying altitude to 40m and it was enough in my PC. I'll set it up to 50m. The 120 is not too good, because Mandoble helirute script land slowly and 40m is slow enough... imagine 120m!

@mazza

Is it possible to run this as a coop campaign?

Unfortunately I never play ArmA in multy, so I don't know. I guess, have to overwrite the all script in the begining (if not server then exit) and so on. But if anybody want to overwrite this campaign for coop, I aprove.

@RedRage

A similar campaign from Russian perspective would be most welcome as well

My next try will be a Russian side campaign. The first mission is done, but currently it's too hard.

@twisted

Two humvee come? And where they stop? In normal way only one humvee come and stop at the corner near the church. And when you come close (very close) to the humvee driver, the story continue. Try to get close to both humvee one after the other... maybe.

Amazing, amazing campaign! Congratulations for the excellent work!

I found the placement of OPFOR extremely challenging as I died a hundred times. I also like the realistic employment of an USMC MEU, although I don't think they use trucks that much to move around.

In particular I liked Steamroller mission, it is way better than BIS mission design. It was very cinematic to see TF Bear come rolling in.

The destroyed armor on the road to the Russian border was a very nice touch that created unforgettable atmosphere.

I do have a couple of objections. First, stay off the cheesy dialogue...a USMC lieutenant would never

tell his Colonel to fuck off. And he would not quit on the radio because the arty mission went bad. Also, I don't think the part where the team is placed under CDF command is very realistic. I think that in real life the situation would be reverse.

May I suggest a sequel? Say

there is a coup in Russia and a renegade general orders a Russian division into Chernarus just when MEU is about to leave the country? Then MEU ends up fighting the Russians for 4-5 days before the government in Moscow is restored. Because MEU only has 4 Abrams tanks with them, I see a river of Russian tanks flowing to Zelenogorsk and Krastostav while MEU launches every Javelin they have at them...

Edited by Ferrando

My intentions were not to insult or belittle your campaign Bardosy, I'm VERY new to the whole "ARMA" scene and like I said, I am really enjoying your campaign.

There are a few things that need fixing with the dialogue though as mentioned by Ferrando. But in the same respect I understand that English is not your native language.

Again, if you ever decide to re-work the dialogue, I will surely be happy and grateful to help you out, I'm sure others will as well :)

ive just completed this campiagn and i have to say, i abosultely loved it. it was alot more immersive then the stock campaign released with Arma2. i loved the fact their was surprises around every corner on most of the missions -

made me more careful when approching junctions or towns/houses

I really hope you add to this campaign. i know you left room for the russians to become involved in a larger scale in your next campaign. So please make your next campaign follow on from this one.

Edited by teaboy

n'existe pas how to create a folder in your ArmA 2 folder

I just completed the campaign and i must say that i enjoyed it a lot. It was challenging and there were a lot of suprises around every corner which is a nice feeling. I loved the tank wrecks near the russian border to that was cool, as others have said the only problem is the english or lack thereof and also the cheesy lines but for me i understood what was being said so i shouldnt say problem more something that can be rectified next time round.

I'll be looking forward to a sequel with the russian invasion perhaps?

ive just completed this campiagn and i have to say, i abosultely loved it. it was alot more immersive then the stock campaign released with Arma2. i loved the fact their was surprises around every corner on most of the missions -

made me more careful when approching junctions or towns/houses

I really hope you add to this campaign. i know you left room for the russians to become involved in a larger scale in your next campaign. So please make your next campaign follow on from this one.

IMHO, it'll be alot more fun to see Russia vs. CDF/NAPA sort of scenario (maybe with very few USMC advisors to CDF on the ground) - such scenario is relevant today and will make campaign a lot more authentic. US vs Russia scenario that does not go nuclear within a day is simply too outlandish (and this "renegade Russian generals" crap is even more outlandish, such things are simply impossible). COIN sort of a campaign with Russian Forces is what i've been waiting for in my 15 years of PC gaming :)

How long is the campaign btw, took a break from Arma2 on mission 4 to be completely disappointed with OFP2 , so if it's less than 8 missions I'll savour it more :D

wow really nice job. finally got around to trying this and did it in one sitting. i prefer the missions to harvest red, it was a lot of fun. personally i like missions where you only control a squad and dont have to bother with HCM so i really enjoyed the early missions. good job indeed! :D

IMHO, it'll be alot more fun to see Russia vs. CDF/NAPA sort of scenario (maybe with very few USMC advisors to CDF on the ground) - such scenario is relevant today and will make campaign a lot more authentic. US vs Russia scenario that does not go nuclear within a day is simply too outlandish (and this "renegade Russian generals" crap is even more outlandish, such things are simply impossible). COIN sort of a campaign with Russian Forces is what i've been waiting for in my 15 years of PC gaming :)

How long is the campaign btw, took a break from Arma2 on mission 4 to be completely disappointed with OFP2 , so if it's less than 8 missions I'll savour it more :D

I agree and disagree.

It does seem these days that conflicts are not a show of force (ie:US vs USSR) as they are more guerilla (IED, ambush, hit and run)

But conflicts such as the first Afghan war and others are ways for the US and Russia to fight thru proxy countries and not get our hands dirty.

There is rampent use of civilian contractors to perform the same operations but not have to pass it through congress or the US public, kinda of like the old CIA black ops except now we hire someone else to do the work and if it goes bad we punish the company (ie:Blackwater) as if we had nothing to do with it when the truth is, the only reason the contractors are there is because we hired them to be there.

Just an opinion on current world affairs....but I digress.

The thing that got me to respond was the remark about renegade generals.

I agree that this is an outlandish premise that would be used in a hollywood movie to create a reason to have explosions and romance.

But then....a quick scan of the daily news and you realize that maybe this is not as far fetched as it sounds but not very likely from a super power.

Snippets from the last month of world news.

SAN JOSE, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Honduran President Manuel Zelaya said on Sunday that he was kidnapped and flown to Costa Rica against his will and he did not sign a letter of resignation.

"I was kidnapped with force, violence and brutality," he told media at a joint press conference with his Costa Rican counterpart Oscar Arias. He said that between eight and 10 hooded and heavily armed soldiers had entered his home and forced him to board a plane without telling him its destination. "I was in my pajamas and did not even have socks on," he said.

"This kidnap is a blow to a nation and a slap in the face for the whole world," he added.

Earlier on Sunday, Zelaya thanked Costa Rica for its hospitality and said he had been kidnapped and put on a plane to Costa Rica against his will.

:butbut:

The Honduran army seized President Manuel Zelaya on Sunday and sent him into exile. Hours later, the country's congress swore in Congressional President Roberto Micheletti to replace Zelaya.

The now ex-president-in-exile says he is the victim of a brutal coup and calls the military action illegal.

Zelaya was arrested in his presidential palace and flew to Costa Rica.

Honduras' congress later revealed what it claimed was a letter of resignation from Zelaya and swore in Congressional President Roberto Micheletti as interim president. But Zelaya told CNN the resignation was "totally false" and he is still president.

Zelaya supporters clashed with soldiers and blocked the street outside the gates of the palace, demanding the soldiers to send back their president.

:confused:

Zelaya arrived in Nicaragua from Costa Rica. Soldiers ousted the elected president of Honduras on Sunday and within hours, the Congress named a successor.

The Honduran Congress voted to accept what it said was Zelaya's letter of resignation, with even his former allies turning against him.

Congressional leader Roberto Micheletti was sworn in to serve until January 27 when Zelaya's term was scheduled to end. Micheletti belongs to Zelaya's Liberal Party, but opposed the president in the referendum.

Roberto Micheletti said, "All I want to say to you is that this is a constitutional succession. I think that no one - including Barack Obama and much less Hugo Chavez - has the right to threaten this country."

Outside of Congress, a group of about 150 people opposed to Zelaya's ouster stood well back from police lines.

Micheletti declared a nationwide curfew from 9pm to 6am for two days starting Sunday night. He also told a news conference he had appointed a new foreign minister: lawyer and former Ambassador to the UN, Enrique Ortez Colindres.

Zelaya was asleep when the sound of gunshots and shouting abruptly roused him from his bed before dawn on Sunday. Armed troops wearing helmets and face masks dragged him out of his presidential residence.

An air force plane flew Zelaya to Costa Rica as armored military vehicles with machine guns rolled through the streets of the Honduran capital and soldiers seized the national palace. The Supreme Court backed the military takeover and said it was in defense of democracy.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Oh and.....

Sorry to be sort of off topic: I love the campaign and am in the middle of it. Very tough, you must move slow and the constant threat makes vehicles almost a hassle. Its much better to patrol on foot because they like to blow up truck and suprise you.

Question: How do you make the towns secure once youve overrun them. I seem to have killed all the AI and got the info from the Political House but I am not sure that I have succesfully takin the cities as it dosent turn green in the task menus..Great campaign...Yes you couls tweak the dialouge and if you were to add voice acting and a few cutscenes it would be a very professional and polished campaign. If you are ever looking for beta testers or need help with dialouge I am happy to assist..Either way, awsome job and I am having alot of fun with it.

[/color]Oh and.....

Sorry to be sort of off topic: I love the campaign and am in the middle of it. Very tough, you must move slow and the constant threat makes vehicles almost a hassle. Its much better to patrol on foot because they like to blow up truck and suprise you.

Question: How do you make the towns secure once youve overrun them. I seem to have killed all the AI and got the info from the Political House but I am not sure that I have succesfully takin the cities as it dosent turn green in the task menus..Great campaign...Yes you couls tweak the dialouge and if you were to add voice acting and a few cutscenes it would be a very professional and polished campaign. If you are ever looking for beta testers or need help with dialouge I am happy to assist..Either way, awsome job and I am having alot of fun with it.

Yoou have to kill all enemy AI i found alot hid in buildings especially in the barn buildings. once you have killed them all or they have fled, then the flag will turn blue and the task will show green in the task menu.

I'm having a hard time getting the campaign to actually load.

Whenever I go the SP --> Campaigns I have the ChestyPuller campaign listed with its appropriate picture, but whenever I select it, the only option I am given is to "Continue". Whenever I click "Continue", the next screen shows me the full list of default SP campaign levels.

And I'm not sure what I've done wrong... I've installed the files into right directory "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Campaigns" and like I said, it shows properly in the SP menu, but whenever I go to play it, it only gives me ARMA2's default missions to choose from. What gives?

I'm having a hard time getting the campaign to actually load.

Whenever I go the SP --> Campaigns I have the ChestyPuller campaign listed with its appropriate picture, but whenever I select it, the only option I am given is to "Continue". Whenever I click "Continue", the next screen shows me the full list of default SP campaign levels.

And I'm not sure what I've done wrong... I've installed the files into right directory "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Campaigns" and like I said, it shows properly in the SP menu, but whenever I go to play it, it only gives me ARMA2's default missions to choose from. What gives?

is there any other files listed in your campaign folder? i dont use the steam version but i know on the dvd version i had to create a new folder called campaigns and paste the file inside the new folder.

bardosy thanks alot for this awesome campaign.Thanks for all your hardwork i am only a few missions in but i already love it.Hope to see more from you in the future.I give it an 11/10

Yep, that's where I put the pbo file for the mission :\

yeah but is there any other .pbo files in the same folder. because if there is then that might be the problem. if there isnt then i cant see why your not able to play it.

yeah but is there any other .pbo files in the same folder. because if there is then that might be the problem. if there isnt then i cant see why your not able to play it.

No it's the only pbo in the folder. I'll try and post some screenshots to show what happens.

Thanks for helping, everyone! I'm really looking forward to trying out this campaign!

No it's the only pbo in the folder. I'll try and post some screenshots to show what happens.

Thanks for helping, everyone! I'm really looking forward to trying out this campaign!

Well i cant see why it not work then! have you tried downloading it again and reinstalling it incase it was a currupt download?

Aha! I figured it out! It was because I had my profile config files set to read-only so none of my manual settings would be overwritten by the game. Turns out the campaign and mission info is saved and logged into those same config files, which explains why it wouldn't let me access the new content (even though it was correctly installed).

Played through the first 3 missions so far, and it's great stuff! =)

Aha! I figured it out! It was because I had my profile config files set to read-only so none of my manual settings would be overwritten by the game. Turns out the campaign and mission info is saved and logged into those same config files, which explains why it wouldn't let me access the new content (even though it was correctly installed).

Played through the first 3 missions so far, and it's great stuff! =)

Lol its always something so simple isnt it? but i doubt id have thought about that.

I just finished playing this campaign. Bardosy, this is an excellent piece of work you have here.

All I can say is, more please? Although personally I am largely interested in playing the western side, I'd play just about anything you make.

This was a very nice campaign to play and I'm sorry to see it be over so soon :)

I agree and disagree.

It does seem these days that conflicts are not a show of force (ie:US vs USSR) as they are more guerilla (IED, ambush, hit and run)

But conflicts such as the first Afghan war and others are ways for the US and Russia to fight thru proxy countries and not get our hands dirty.

There is rampent use of civilian contractors to perform the same operations but not have to pass it through congress or the US public, kinda of like the old CIA black ops except now we hire someone else to do the work and if it goes bad we punish the company (ie:Blackwater) as if we had nothing to do with it when the truth is, the only reason the contractors are there is because we hired them to be there.

Just an opinion on current world affairs....but I digress.

The thing that got me to respond was the remark about renegade generals.

I agree that this is an outlandish premise that would be used in a hollywood movie to create a reason to have explosions and romance.

But then....a quick scan of the daily news and you realize that maybe this is not as far fetched as it sounds but not very likely from a super power.

Snippets from the last month of world news.

Russia is not a third world South American banana republic to have El Presidentes and military coups every other year. "Renegade Russian general" scenario is not only impossible, it's plain offensive for a military with close to 400 years of tradition. Such things did not happen in the '90s during dark economic times and political betrayal of the army in Chechnya, such things sure as heck won't happen now.

More interesting would be seeing a campaign based on Russian mobile tactical battalion groups, similar to the ones deployed to S.Ossetia last year. Arma's current factions set up, and game's terrain, are simply crying for 8/8/8 war type of scenario.

Russia is not a third world South American banana republic to have El Presidentes and military coups every other year. "Renegade Russian general" scenario is not only impossible, it's plain offensive for a military with close to 400 years of tradition. Such things did not happen in the '90s during dark economic times and political betrayal of the army in Chechnya, such things sure as heck won't happen now.

More interesting would be seeing a campaign based on Russian mobile tactical battalion groups, similar to the ones deployed to S.Ossetia last year. Arma's current factions set up, and game's terrain, are simply crying for 8/8/8 war type of scenario.

I absolutly agree with what your saying regarding Russia and renegades.

I acctually found it wierd that OFP and ARMA were based on US and Russia,

Wasent that all over in the 80's?

But given the location of the game designers I can see the influence.

The renegade general thing doesnt do it for me either to be honest and does kinda make me feel as though I am watching a 1985 B movie with Jean Claude Van Damm.

At least in the movie Red Dawn the whole of USSR was invading the US and while not very likely was more plausible than a renegade general.

A renegade Leader of a country who goes off the wagon is a better scenerio circa Iraq, Iran, N Korea, Bosnia etc......

But Renegade General is to easy of a plot.....Should be more intangled kinda like the campaign which had some twists.

okay so i downloaded the campaign and im now on the second mission, at the spot where i have to use the satchel charges to blow up the relay station.

but my truck has already been destroyed, and i cannot find the ammo crates anywhere.

where are they supposed to be?

but my truck has already been destroyed, and i cannot find the ammo crates anywhere.

where are they supposed to be?

Near the relay station there are cretes... ;)

I absolutly agree with what your saying regarding Russia and renegades.

I acctually found it wierd that OFP and ARMA were based on US and Russia,

Wasent that all over in the 80's?

But given the location of the game designers I can see the influence.

The renegade general thing doesnt do it for me either to be honest and does kinda make me feel as though I am watching a 1985 B movie with Jean Claude Van Damm.

At least in the movie Red Dawn the whole of USSR was invading the US and while not very likely was more plausible than a renegade general.

A renegade Leader of a country who goes off the wagon is a better scenerio circa Iraq, Iran, N Korea, Bosnia etc......

But Renegade General is to easy of a plot.....Should be more intangled kinda like the campaign which had some twists.

IMHO best plots with regards to games like Arma come from the beliavable minimalist approach - that is less Tom Clancy conspiracies and more real life situations, however routine, that soldiers have to go through. From flying "boring" re-supply of FOB missions on Mi-8 to providing CAS during a tough hill assault in mi-24 or su-25; from driving re-supply convoys without incidents to having the same convoy fiercely ambushed; from conduction house to house searches in villages to filtering refugee columns for insurgents at block posts; and etc..

Peppering the campaign with lots of "routine" and "un-interesting" (plot wise) missions that might go bad (or might not) will potentially create a better and tenser atmosphere than series of massive set-peice battles with tons of story line crammed into them. That is to not to say that larger battles are unnecessary - they are - however for every large battle i wouldn't mind doing 20-30 mission of smaller scenarios leading to the engagement. Some dynamic nature to the campaign flow will be interesting to see, but the execution might be harder than it's worth.

Would also be interesting if Bardosy went with representing all branches of combat arms a little bit (but keep them within the same tactical formation) - so we get to fly a helo to resupply or extract the same Recce team we played a mission earlier, or support the same infantry squad we saw 4 missions ago while inside the T-72... Majority of the campaign should be kept from infantry perspective though.

p.s.: Sorry Bardosy, hopefully we didn't derail the thread too much ;)