Sign in to follow this  
Alliexx

Music packed with Island

Hi all,

In Arma1 it was possible to add your own music and sound tracks to your created island, it seems not to work in Arma 2 anymore ?

Anybody anything on this ?

Thanks,

Allie

?

I asume it has to be triggered any any automatic island Intro/Outro mission(s) you add to the island.

That being the case you should still be able to add your own music to the Missions.

Just make sure that when you are Binarizing the island the music files arent being dropped from the PBO.

Hi,

For arma1 i was able to pack the music with the island, so when you have my island you will also have my music.

It was possible, i did it and it worked, for Arma1.

I have tried to do it with arma2 and my music is not showing up.

I checked the MUSIC.PBO file, the config that is, and it shows the same as it was done in arma1, still no results.

So my project had an extra folder called music, with some .ogg files in it, then in the island config file you initialize them.

But like i said, it wont work at the moment.

I mean it is a nice idea to pack some tracks with your island, it makes the download of a mission on your island so much smaller, people dont have to download 1 meg of music when multiplaying on your island.

I like to have an "all in one" addon, also for extra addons this is the best way to distribute them, no problems for people to miss 1 or 2 addons, or have again a new updated version of an addon, these days it looks like we try to release as many as possible addons, and for the sake of shhh we update them every 24 hours, this way everybody keeps busy with sorting and experimenting with addons. Keeps us of the streets and keeps us busy.