Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Ballistic Shield

Ok, here's a ballistic shield I did with O2.

Started out as a two-longer-afternoons-project but I feel I can't finish it completely (in particular the scripting stuff), so consider this a alpha release. It has funtionality though.

edit:

Only one shield works at a time, the damage seems to be "shared" .

Clipboard02-10.jpg

Clip:

The shield will stop about 20 bullets. It is not intended for AI as they don't hold it properly when standing still, however this can be partially fixed by commands like setunitpos "middle" and others, see the example mission.

The Classname is bal_shield, you can also see the mission for adding it. One USMC Soldier with Shield has been added.

If sb. wants to pick this up to script stuff like proper damage values for all calibers or enhance the addon in overall, feel free to do so aslong as you include my name ;) , and if you need MLOD, drop me a pm.

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/14605969/shield.zip/

Edited by Icewindo

It would also need some enterable buildings!

Maybe Takistan or a user made island will give this a home. You could pimp it to some of the RP mods, like Sahrani life or what have you.

Nice job :)

Only one shield works at a time, the damage seems to be "shared".

Can you explain a little more ?

Edit: Armaholic miror.

3-animation.png

Edited by tom_48_97

Nice job :)

Can you explain a little more ?

Edit: Armaholic miror.

3-animation.png

He only said that if you have 2 shields in one mission, the 2 shields are sharing the damage. So if 1 shield took to much hit and become useless, the 2nd shield is useless too (even if it didn't take any damage).

Anyone get this working right or do they still share damage?