Sign in to follow this  
ACPL_Maverick

[SP] The Boiling Blood v0.9

OK, so here and now I'm publishing my first mission to ArmA II (I've got some experience in ArmA and OFP, gained some time earlier).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7p23g

Armaholic mirror: The Boiling Blood (@)

Here's some quick informations about the mission (a part of readme):

1. Requirements

An original version of ArmA II game. Version 1.03

Mission does not requires any custom addon excluding ones put in archive.

2. Info

PLOT: We are at open war on Chernarus with NAPA. They've been retaking our supply convoys a few times ago, because of the high requirement for weapons and ammunition. This time the whole convoy had been possibly destroyed. You have to find place where this happened, clear our ordinary supply route and find out what's under this radical change of the NAPA's tactics. Maybe they don't need supply no more?

PLAYER: Vasiliy Kuzniecov, a commander of the recon infantry squad "Grey Wolf" of the Russian Federation army.

VERSION: 0.9EN

LANGUAGE: English (speech & text)

INCLUDES: Briefing, overview, speeches in english lan., additional music, intro, two different endings, two outros

3. Known issues

- no identities (will be fixed when I find out what to do, to have russian voice in identity)

- Russians speaking english in cutscenes (well, I don't know Russian...)

- a bit poor task method selection in the further part of mission (not like as it was in ex. campaign)

- if you find somewhere in mission author name "Maverick" instead of "Maverick_SU" - it's just a typo

4. Music

I've used songs from the following games:

- Hearts of Iron 3

- Codename Panzers Phase One

- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

- Earth 2150

5. Thanks to:

- Author(s) of scripts, addons and music which I've included into my mission.

- Slacker7 for voice acting

Edited by ACPL_Maverick

Will this still work fine with v1.04 because I will download it if it does, peace.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I've downloaded it, now how do I use it, sorry I'm pretty stupid when it comes to sorting out the files :(, peace.

Put .pbo mission file into Missions folder in the game root, then unpack addons archive and put every .pbo file you find inside into Addons folder in the game root. Pretty easy, I think.

never mess with official addons folder... use modfolder instead.. its a common practice, and to avoid future troubles

Thanks alot, I will try this now :D

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Ok, I when I went to install it, you need to make your files a lot clearer, they are just confusing, you should name the files what they actually are and organise it more.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Never mind, I've found them now :D

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Nope, still not working. In my missions folder (c:/users/mark/armaII/missions) I have a folder called Boiling Blood and I put the PBO. files in a mods folder, what am I doing wrong?

In my missions folder (c:/users/mark/armaII/missions) I have a folder called Boiling Blood and I put the PBO.

You have to put the mission .pbo file into the game root, (ex. C:\Games\ArmA II\Missions), not in your user directory.

I really enjoy playing this mission, thanks for creating it!

Thank you. Well, I've been enjoying making this mission :).

Nope, still not working. In my missions folder (c:/users/mark/armaII/missions) I have a folder called Boiling Blood and I put the PBO. files in a mods folder, what am I doing wrong?
Put the file called "MAVERICKSU_BB_v09EN.Chernarus.pbo" directly in the folder called "Missions" which is located in the Arma 2 INSTALL path. My Arma 2 Missions are located "G:\ArmA 2\Missions\"

You should extract the Extra_units_vehichles mod into the main ArmA 2 folder (e.g. mine is "G:\ArmA 2\@Extra_units_vehicles") which if you have done it right will contain a sub folder called "addons" which will contain 4 files.

You will need to start ArmA 2 with a command line -mod=@Extra_units_vehicles to play this mission OR as I prefer use Alpinestars - Arma II Launcher which makes using mods VERY easy.