Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

The simpliest way to make multiple respawn points

Hi,

I'm looking a way to do multiple respawnpoints and a simple interface for choosing the point.

There should be 2 respawn points for Blufor, so how can I make it so that when the blufor player dies, he can choose where to spawn?

I'd like to hear the simpliest way to do that.

Also it would be great if it would be possible to add more of these spawn points when there are more objects succeeded by blufor.

I'd really like to have some help with this.

Thanks

IMO, the by far simplest way is to not do it. I'd say a base spawn with object teleportation is easiest.

So you approach Flag A, read "MOVE TO OUTPOST A" and make a choice whether outpost A is your intended destination. If you want to make it more complex, link it for example to a marker and check whether its a "friendly" or "hostile" zone color and allow its use thereafter. Or link it to a trigger that checks if any hostiles are in the area. Or both.

Of course, if you want like 250 spawnable locations, this system is not the most effiecent way to do it, since you'd have a forrest of flags in your base and spend most of the round finding the correct one (its a game in itself! :P). If you want 2-3 locations, then I'd say its most certainly the simplest way. You could of course have multiple actions on a single flag, but that has its limits too eventually, heh.

Edited by Murklor

Murklor thanks, but that's a little bit too simple :) But that "check hostiles on the area" is a great idea

Just a simple buttons "Base 1" "Base 2" "Base 3" ... with a black background, would be awesome.

Edited by Raunhofer

Can there be something that's too simple? :p

Personally I dont find the button choice too interesting simply because... well, its not interesting. Sure teleportation isnt the most realistic of things, but at least its ingame involvement and there is a main gathering point for the team.

Being presented with a black screen and 3 button choices feel so... fake. This is also the reason why I dislike the way Domination handles it (plus it has very poor performance at times). No offense to Xeno, the coding is still brilliant ;)

Either way, I'm sure what you want is quite possible to do.

ah, the reason why I really need these buttons, is because I'm making a "battlefield like" mission and the "button respawn" just belongs to it :)

Use Norrin's revive script which allows up to 4 (6 using mobile options) selectable respawn points.

My go at this thing (first time doing anything with dialogs as well). It's the generic version of what I made for Raunhofer for this.

http://derfel.org/arma2/scripts/respawnselection.rar

http://derfel.org/arma2/scripts/respawnselection/

Define bases/objectives in init.sqf.

["1st","2nd","3rd","4th","5th","6th"] execvm "SHK_respawnInit.sqf";

Marker color is used for ownership detection. Red=east, blue=west. Markers should be named in the following way: markerBaseName, like in this example:

marker1st
marker2nd

All the way up to 6th.

Respawn positions are determined with objects (f.ex invis hpad or flag pole). Naming uses same basic logic as markers: posRespawnBaseName, like:

posRespawn1st
posRespawn2nd

Positions are updated and broadcasted with following command:

call SHK_fnc_updateRespawnLocations;