Placebo

PC Discussion Thread II - All PC related discussion goes here.

Sounds silly but after 25 years bought a joystick -mainly for Star Citizen but would like to also try it in Arma. Problem is I haven't the slightest on how to configure and google didn't help.

It's a Logitech 3d Pro

Here's the updated list of parts I want to buy for my first gaming PC:

-MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130779

-Intel Core i5-4690 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54690 ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116989

-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

-SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147247

-Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834

-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

-MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127745

-Fractal Design Integra R2 650W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817580002

-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0 ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

This is what I have so far. Any thoughts? All are appreciated!

Edited by sesdelta38

And here comes stuff I want buy. I want stable fps in Arma 3 and thats all o.O.

* Core I7-3820 or Core I5-4670K (tell me which one will be better for A3 and for recording the gameplay)

* GTX 760

* Asus Sabertooth Z79 670

* 512GB samsung SSD

* /Power supply from Corsair, will 750W be enough?/

Hey guys I´m searching for a new Headset

Currently I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 wich has really great sound, but it is starting to have some malfunctions.

My Realtek onboard Soundcard can provide 8 channel audio

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67_PRO_REV_31/

I wouldn´t mind a headset with USB audio if it has a build in souncard that is on the same level as the one on my MB, especially since Realtek seems to have problems with some games, especially console ports that use WWise where the sound levels get completely borked.

Alternatively I would also be happy with a good pair of Headphones if someone suggests a good microphone.

What is important to me:

Powerfull and clear sound.

Good directional detection in games.

It has to be comfortable.

Decent Microphone.

Any recommendations?

Plantronics GAMECOM COMMANDER Limited Edition

I'm quite happy with it.

:)

Rate this computer and tell me which one will be better for Arma 3:

*Core I5-4690K

*GTX 770 / Asus Radeon R9 290

*ASRock Z97 EXTREME 4 / ASRock Z97 PRO4

*Forton FSP650 / Super Flower 650W Golden Green PRO / XFX BLACK EDITION XTR 650W MODULAR 120MM

*SSD Crucial M500 120GB & Seagate 1TB

*Thermalright HR-02 / SilentiumPC Fortis 2 XE 1226

I was recently considering buying a new laptop. Until now I played Arma 3 on my 15,9" Dell XPS, which went well but on minimal settings.

When I was checking the available options, I came across Lenovo Y50-70, which seemed like a pretty decent setup hardware designated for gaming purposes. Now, I'm not looking into stationary PCs, since I'm moving a lot for work and studies.

Does anyone have any experience yet with Y50-70? Do you know how well it would run the game ( graphic- or performance- wise on charger)? Is there something else you would recommend, in the similar price range ( 1000 euro-ish).

Recently set new computer up,

Specs:

CPU: i5 - 4690k

Motherboard:MSI Z97 Gaming G45

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHZ

Graphic card:MSI 760 2GB DDR

PSU:650W Modular Corsair Gold

Fans: 3 fans 140mm each! And 1 BRÖCKEN 2 CPU COOLER with 120mm fan.

Case:Zalman Z9 V3

Picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10599576_10201992665610079_7855091570227633753_n.jpg

Good si?

Hey everyone. New to building computers. I was just wondering what people were running to get the best graphics and game play out of this game when playing. Please help me out. Want to get into the action asap.

i do not know if it belongs to this topic or new should be started - "world conspiracy to force customers to buy new PC"

however to call it

case is following

a lot of sotware forces updates, you cannot choose working on old verion (best example is skype, you cannot login to old version) , flashplayer etc.

what happens

4 years ago - chat on skype, sending files, listening music on youtube - memory usage 20 mb + 30 mb, 0% cpu

now, new skype, watching youtube - computer is almost frozen , memory usage 290 mb + 300 mb, 14% cpu

on the same system and PC

wtf ?

i understand people buy new strong PC to play newest game - i understand it

but god damn,

new skype uses 10 times more memory (i was keeping 6.00 as long as it was allowing to login, after 6.18 i get message that my version is withrown and i must instal update, suddenly fan on my CPU was helicopter), much much more CPU, the same chrome, flashplayer , other many programs

they must be coded special way, to force clients to buy strong PC

how it is possible that in year 2001 i could watch movie on YT having 700 MHz celeron and 512 RAM and all was okay

now i have PC capable to hold Arma3, Arma2, VBS3, and i have problems watching Youtube, chating on SKype and working in Corel, i remember working on Corel 9 without problems back than , now when i use Skype, listen music on YT i cannot sometimes save file and i have ctd of Corel because of lack of memory, i do ctrl+alt+del and i see manager of process and ... many programs use more than 0% cpu, hundreds of MB of memory of stupid aplications,

i even watch the same movie or music on YT which i watched decade ago, the same file, from the same user

i understand gammers love PC, buy new , yes, but a lot of people watch YT, chat , read news , type documents,

and PC that hold it fluently, strong PC 3 years ago (strong and expensive back than) now has problem with stuff, which was working on cheapest PC 6-7 years ago

Edited by vilas

Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be attributed to human stupidity.

After Microsoft purchased Skype, it has become far more bloated as they try to cram in more features to it. A big reason it takes more RAM is because of the various web-based things it can do now. A lot of the RAM is taken up by the various bells and whistles they add to the program which do not do anything but make it look cooler, rather like the Aero interface added in Vista/Windows 7.

In any event, I rarely use Skype anyway because it's always been something of a bandwidth and resource hog, which is a no-no when I'm playing a game online.

Hi, i have low knowledge about pc configs and all others things to increase my fps by changing settings, video cards settings and so on. And want to ask if somone could help and give some pointers becous my arma 3 run so bad its impossible to play :( but friends of mine can play ok , but have less pc than me.

What would be my best settings ingame what i could use, visible range, objects so on.

And what is best start up parametrs , becous thos i just take and coppy from forum but dont kow if its even work for my rig lol.

My Rig:

GPU Geforce GTX 770 lightning

CPU AMD FX(fm)-9370 eith-core processor

Memory 16gb ram(15,90gb usable)

Resolution 1920x1080, 60Hz

Operation system Windows 8.1

I hope somone could help. My avarage fps is 15-20 somtimes 25 from mornings but not for long. Its no playable :(

I need help to choose some sound card for me. The MBs is pretty bad and mic gets some static noise sometimes through that so it needs to have a mic plug also.

So I've Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones (16 ohms). I use them mostly for gaming so if there's some reason why some card is better for gaming then I likely want that :D

I've no idea would it be better to get an external USB one or internal card in my PC so which one should be better for "price/performance"?

So I need to get a soundcard that eliminates mic problems and is good for headphones. I believe there's no need for virtual surround and 7.1/5.1 stuff so if some card comes without those but it's very good then I can happily take that and not pay for those extras that I don't need. I can also put my headphones through an amp so if the card is quiet or doesn't have an amp then that's likely not a problem. ///Actually it's better to have an amp in the card. There's little static if I turn up volume in my current old amp.

I can afford 100-150€ for the card and very top end cards aren't likely even that expensive when they're used so recommend even those for me. I don't need it now so I can make some used hunting ;)

Internal card likely needs to be PCI because there's no room for PCI-E because of fan cables. And I'd like to really buy a nice one because that likely doesn't need to be upgraded for long time.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Hey guys, been having some strange and very annoying issues with the wifi connection on my new laptop. frown.gif

I am also not exactly well versed in terms of Hardware and Software so do have a bit of patience with me. tongue.png

About 4 months ago I've bought an Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (Black Edition) laptop and everything seemed to work as it should have, until I started getting weird wifi connection problems. I also updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (free) but I can't exactly pinpoint whether this started happening before or after. But most likely after because I remember playing War Thunder (online) just fine when I first got the laptop.

• It doesn't matter if it's an online or offline game, when I start playing, my wifi connection suddenly goes down and sometimes even disconnects itself and dissapears from the wifi list (sometimes even other wifi hotspots dissapear and the entire list is empty). It happened with Fallout 3, ArmA3, Team Fortress 2 and now even with Batman Arkham games (all on Steam), which prevent me from properly playing them because they require constant connection.

Now, if I turn the game off, wifi suddenly comes back.

• Download and upload speed seems to be axed in half as well even with 5 bars on the icon. According to http://www.speedtest.net/, I should have like 4.82MBps of Download speed and 3.52MBps for upload. But when I download anything, be it by Firefox or Steam, the maximum it reaches is around 500-800Kb/s for the most part, sometimes even lower. Sometimes it spikes to 2.1MB/s (usually after midnight) but then returns back to low speed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, changed my powers settings to max performance, disabled U-APSD, disabled Bluetooth and it still didn't help. I have tried looking up if anyone else has the issue and it appears that this particular laptop has been having wifi issues for a lot of people. It also definitely isn't and can't be the router, since all other computers/laptops in my home work just fine when it comes to wireless internet.

The wifi adapter is Intel ® Dual Band Wireless AC 7625 and driver version 18.20.09.

Thank you in advance, for any answer!

My laptop:

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (Black Edition)

Windows 10 64bit

Intel ® Core™ i7-4720HQ 2.60GHz

12GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M 4GB (along with an integrated Intel HD4600)

1TB HDD

Can i run arma 3?

I pass all the minimum requirements but the recommended my cpu is bad can i still run it? On at least 30fps low on mutliplayer?

Gpu- gtx 750ti Cpu-

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500

Ram- 4Gb

If i cant run it will an athlon x4 860k work.

Anyone has any experience gaming on a 960M GTX??I have a good offer for a heavily discounted Y50-70 laptop and I want to know how well does it game at 1080P.

Can i run arma 3?

I pass all the minimum requirements but the recommended my cpu is bad can i still run it? On at least 30fps low on mutliplayer?

Gpu- gtx 750ti Cpu-

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500

Ram- 4Gb

If i cant run it will an athlon x4 860k work.

Well I am not sure of your exact setup's performance, but if you say the CPU is considered weak then that would be a problem. The cpu is the most important part of gaming with Arma.It is a CPU intensive game and while you may get by with a lower end graphics card and a small amount of ram, a good cpu is very important for rendering the large view distances and many units in the game.

Hi guys,

I have a problem with one of our offices computers. Last week, the time had to be re-entered upon each start-up. I was on holiday and thought this was just an issue with the battery on the mainboard. However, today the computer did not start at all anymore. The boot manager starts, and then everything stops with a blinking white line in the left top corner.

I already replaced the battery, reset the bios to default and run everything it offered as diagnosis tool. Thus, everything seems alright. I also checked all cables. I then created a bootable linux USB stick, allowing me to at least access the files on the machine (which worked with no problem).

I'm just trying do create a windows 7 usb bootable device but since I don't even get to windows I don't think this is the problem.

Can a harddrive be broken while one is still able to access the files?

Hello there.

My brother is looking to buy a new PC, he cost range is between 600$-800$.  he's interested in web browsing and average video gaming PC. Could you guys give me an average specifications for that cost?

I appreciate your thoughts :)

Regards.

You will need a network card in the computer then you can link them. NICS are so cheap now.

On 08.05.2015 at 10:01 PM, vilas said:

what happens

4 years ago - chat on skype, sending files, listening music on youtube - memory usage 20 mb + 30 mb, 0% cpu

now, new skype, watching youtube - computer is almost frozen , memory usage 290 mb + 300 mb, 14% cpu

on the same system and PC

wtf ?

All soft evolves mainly by extensive way: the newer version is - the more resources it needs. Better AI and graphics in games cost more Gbs and GHz. It's like enlarging power of car engine only through larger volume, amounts of cylinders and fuel consumption. BTW the version of Chrome browser I installed on my smartphone back in 2012 when I bought it worked good, but now it is just a slowpoke that freezes the phone totally and often crashes due to lack of memory. Despite that many sites I browse are of mobile version and don't have much 'heavy' content. 4-5 years ago my phone could work good when Whatsapp, Viber and Chrome worked simultaneously. Now I have to kill processes and leave only one of them working.

May someone help me with one question? If my motherboard's (GA-B75M-D3V rev 2.0) list of supported CPUs (it doesn't count all the possible models) contains Xeon E3-12xx, will it work with Xeon E3-12xx v2?

Guys,

Having built my new PC specifically for Arma, I want to decommission the old one, disassemble it and store the useful parts away.

Specifically, I have an Intel 750 Series SSD. It has a PCIe interface and currently has Windows installed on it. I want to clear it off so that it can be put away. 

How do I go about formatting/emptying an SSD that has Windows installed on it and will be running that OS when the PC is on?

Thanks

Tanky -Paul-

I wanted to limit the frame rate after driver update and profile inspector threw an error. Turns out Nvidia finally implemented long awaited feature to set Max Frame Rate for Control Panel. It supposedly produces next to no input lag unlike Vsync. Note that AMD also has a similar driver level solution for a while now as well.

2KY7E6Q.png

PSA: if your GPU is being cooked recently, unusual high temps and usage, low FPS, stuttering, artifacts, BSODs, NO DC mark in top left corner, etc. chances are your GPU driver is being naughty. For some reason, Windows 10 Update is unfortunately ignoring preferences lately and keeps replacing NVIDIA drivers with DCH ones which are broken (for me at least).

A solution trough Local Group Policy Editor seem to be working, although it is a bit of an inconvenience when updating manually.

To get rid of broken drivers, use DDU in safe mode and clear out temp folder(s). Then, in case of NVIDIA (I imagine it's similar situation for AMD), download non-DCH (remove -dch from download link) and do a clean manual installation. Don't forget to (re)apply group policies after.