Placebo

PC Discussion Thread II - All PC related discussion goes here.

permanently.

Well, I guess you could flash it using nibitor, though there is a small risk involved, very convenient once it is done though.

EDIT: This seems like a decent tutorial, also check out the 2nd post.

Edited by NeMeSiS

No it's not of question of dusty card or overheating. This is a common problem for this specific model.

I can play many games without issues but not Arma 3. So please if someone can tell me how to underclock permanently.

I really wouldn´t do this.....

I guess it won´t take very long for NVidia to update their drivers, maybe it will run better then?

hey guys,

i am looking to get a new LAPTOP which is suitable for this game (arma 3), i dont have loads of money for this maybe 500 to spend on one....

i cant get a desktop because of moveability as i travel alot and need a laptop because of this..... i understand that for 500 pounds i wont get a top end machine but i want something with decent performance enough for this game atleast.

at the minute the laptop i have has 4GB Ram a 2.3Ghz processor (intel core i3) and poor graphics (intell HD 3000), this according to the recomended specs shouldnt be able to play the game but it actually does although its horribly slow.

could anyone reccomend a decent machine for this price i live in the UK.

Thanks Muchly

Marcus

Basically I would try to get the best GFX card possible for the money.

You can check here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html

Any processor, i3 or i5 should be able to cope with ArmA3 very well. Your bottleneck will always be mobility graphics card.

the laptop i have now can play it but its too slow was looking to get a new one but its hard to find one with everything i wanted i can get one with a good graphics card but low end processor and low ram and the same other way round high end processor and high ram but only intell graphics

Specs-

CPU---Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz

GPU---EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P4-2652-KR GeForce GTX 650 1GB

Motherboard---ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM----8GB of Corsair Vengeance

PSU---CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX

Case---COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel

OS--- Windows 7 Home Premium

At what video settings could this setup get and at what average FPS?

Another cheaper build---

Specs-

CPU---Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz

GPU---XFX CORE Edition FX-777A-ZNF4 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit

Motherboard---ASUS P8B75-M LX PLUS LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s

PSU---Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W Continuous @40°C

RAM---Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

At what video settings could this setup get and at what average FPS?

Edited by TrivTrav

AMD QUAD CORE FX 4170 4.4 Ghz X4 BULLDOZER CPU

FAST GAMING OR MULTIMEDIA COMPUTER

MASSIVE 2000 GB SATA 2 HARD DRIVE

MASSIVE 16 GB DDR 3 1333 MHZ MEMORY

MASSIVE 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE 630 GT GRAPHICS CARD

ASROCK N68-VS3 FX MOTHERBOARD

WILL UPGRADE TO 8 CORE IF REQUIRED

24 SPEED DVD WRITER MULTI-FORMAT DUAL LAYER

500 WATT POWER SUPPLY UNIT

Thinking of purchasing this to play ARMA 3 when its available.

Is this a good spec or is there anything you would upgrade?

get a FX8350

get at least a 660 (TI if available)

get a proper 600-700W PSU (brand here DOES matter).

Hello fans of arma game,

I am very well aware that this question has been asked multiple time. But still i cant make my mind.

So please, be kind, and if you can (no fanboys needed) give me an advice.

Being a fan of arma game, I just bought arma 3 .

Unfortunately my computer is quite old now. So I am going to update it.

My only interest is to have the best experience possible in arma (dont care about other games/apps)

Gotta take a i5 cpu and 1080p display but I am wondering what gc I should buy.

Three possibility in my price range : ( price for thoses 3 cards is similar where I live, considering the possibility to resell bundle games)

nvidia gtx660 2GB

SAPPHIRE HD 7870 XT BOOST (tahiti LE) 2GB

HD 7870 2GB.

Thx for reading this

PS: I have seen in benchmarks that the 7870 and gtx660 have similar framerate (then the 7870 LE should probably a bit better) in 1080p. But framerate is not everything.

Edited by tomtom4353

Where can I find a good computer that will play these games? I went to the old places I used to go to but they suck now or just aren't there. Best Buy used to be a good place but now all they sell are laptops and ipads. They had less than 10 desktops and they had very little detail with them. I had to use them in order to find out how good they were. They had one computer with recommended settings similar to arma3 but the insides are very limited. My graphics card requires 4 4pin adapters from the power supply. Well it needs 2 6pins pci express power plugs, that divide into 4 4pins. I only have 1 4 pin available. I don't know if I can add on so that I have enough plugs to power the graphics card.

I need to find a place where the people actually know about computers. Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Southern California. Los Alamitos, near long beach. I'm tired of getting computers that barely let me play the game.

thanks.

Quick answer is you won't find such a computer; you have to build it yourself. By picking the parts you want or can afford, you easily save yourself a few hundred dollars over similar performance prefab PC's.

Where can I find a good computer that will play these games? I went to the old places I used to go to but they suck now or just aren't there. Best Buy used to be a good place but now all they sell are laptops and ipads. They had less than 10 desktops and they had very little detail with them. I had to use them in order to find out how good they were. They had one computer with recommended settings similar to arma3 but the insides are very limited. My graphics card requires 4 4pin adapters from the power supply. Well it needs 2 6pins pci express power plugs, that divide into 4 4pins. I only have 1 4 pin available. I don't know if I can add on so that I have enough plugs to power the graphics card.

I need to find a place where the people actually know about computers. Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Southern California. Los Alamitos, near long beach. I'm tired of getting computers that barely let me play the game.

thanks.

Majority of the computers that you see in generic retail stores tend to be tailored towards browsing the internet, not gaming. I, like many others on this forum recommend building your own system, to maximise performance and cost efficiency. It's surprisingly easy. Post up your budget and most common tasks and I'm sure you'll get a few different configurations to consider. :)

Hey guys.

The PC that I'm currently using had 1GB ram inside, and I decided to take another stick of 1GB ram and put it in there, so that I would have 2GB of ram.

I perfectly fitted it inside between the "claws".

However, my PC doesn't seem to detect the new gigabyte of ram.

PC is Intel Pentium 4, the ram is "Vdata" or something.

Tell me if you need more info.

Would really appreciate help.

Since this is PC Related I think my problem can be placed here...

After I have build my new PC which I write from now I cannot open Eliteness what soever... Because I get this error

Eliteness.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I have read and did install every Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET and yet it still does not work...

After I have build my new PC which I write from now I cannot open Eliteness what soever... Because I get this error

I have read and did install every Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET and yet it still does not work...

What OS (Operating System) do you have?

Try installing vcredist_x86.exe from the PboDll DevHeaven page.

Hey i need computer help my computer is not to good but is good enough to run arma 2 on normal, but i want a new one in the range of two things.

one is i want the specs of the computer to be sorta of around the same as the arma3 recommended specs, the reason i say this is because my budget is around 699-799

:coop: :681: had fun with emotes lol.

OS Windows Vista SP2

Windows 7 SP1 (Apple OS not supported)

PROCESSOR Intel Core i5-2300 :

AMD Phenom II X4 940681:

GRAPHICS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560

AMD Radeon HD 7750

GPU MEMORY 1 GB

DirectX® 11

RAM 4 GB

HARD DRIVE 25 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 20 GB free space

AUDIO DirectX® compatible soundcard

PLEASE NOTE: only put the name of computer and price ty,and if the specs on yours run this real good tell me.:yay:

I would go with the i5-2300 and GTX560. This is if I am understanding this right and you have there 2 choices.

Also, 4GB of ram is okay, but as it is so cheap these days getting 8GB wouldn't harm.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time planning out the parts for my first PC build and I was hoping to get some feedback and advice on my proposed components. I’m studying to be an architect and will be returning to university in September for the second part of the course. For this reason I need my PC to handle large, high poly 3d models and some often intensive rendering. I also want it to do a decent job of running games like Rome 2 and, of course, Arma 3!

I also don’t want to be that annoying student with the unreasonably loud PC so I’m looking for a setup that will perform well without shaking the walls!

Case:

Fractal Design Define R3

I’ve already purchased this case as it has been discontinued by Fractal and seems to be a decent compromise between airflow and sound proofing whilst its dimensions are ideal compared to other similar ATX cases such as the successor R4 case.

http://fractal-design.com/?view=product∏=71

Additional Fans:

Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000

The case already comes with two fans front and back so I’ve opted for these to make it four overall, hopefully providing sufficient cooling without any one fan having to work too hard. I made my choice based on this round up by Bit Tech: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/09/28/what-s-the-best-case-fan/5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-Silent-Eagle-1000-120x120x25/dp/B000FDE0CQ

Motherboard:

MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77

With its apparently military grade components and popular ’Boost’ function for overclocking this board seemed a better option than the equivalent ASUS.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-199-MS&tool=3

CPU:

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge)

I’m looking at achieving a modest overclock in the 4.0GHz range and this chip supposedly does well at this level while retaining the advantage Ivybridge provides for heat and energy performance over the Sandybridge.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-418-IN

(I will probably buy from elsewhere rather than get it OEM from Overclockers, I’m just trying to keep the links as consistent as possible for review information purposes)

Heat Sink:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

This heat sink seems to be well received across the board for its cooling performance and quietness

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-035-CM

Memory:

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)

I chose this from Kingston’s RAM finder feature on their website, seemed to receive favourable reviews and I think it should have a low enough profile to fit under CPU heat sink fan if I want to throw in another set for 16Gb in future.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-094-KS

GPU:

MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti Power Edition 2048MB

It’s powerful, quiet and the Twin Frozr feature where the fans spin in reverse on start up to clear out any dust sounds handy.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-172-MS&tool=3

Hard Disk Drive:

Western Digital Caviar Red 2TB SATA 6Gb/s

So many HDDs out there seem to have noise issues, so I’m hopefully playing it safe with the higher spec one, even though I have no need for NAS capabilities.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-397-WD

Solid State Drive:

Samsung 840 Series 120GB

Samsung seem to be producing the most reliable SSDs at the moment, as far as I can tell.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009LI7C5I/ref=pe_207311_34761361_pe_epc__1p_1_ti

PSU:

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650M High Performance 650W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular

As far as I understand this PSU isn’t ‘fully’ modular but the non-removable wires are non-optional in any build anyway.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-052-CS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1084

Well, thank you for taking the time to read that! If you have any feedback or advice I would be very grateful for it!

I've ordered an SSD for Arma 2, ToH and so on but what's the best way to use them?

To have the OS and games on it or just games?

I've ordered an SSD for Arma 2, ToH and so on but what's the best way to use them?

To have the OS and games on it or just games?

I would put both OS and games on a SSD, it would be a shame to have the SSD and not use it for the OS acceleration (boot times, swap file and better responsiveness).

The best scenario would be more than one SSD, one for the OS and one or more for the games or apps.

Something that needs reminding is to never fill a SSD it will hurt its performance and its life (rule of thumb leave 10%-20% empty, some drives come already with space provisioned for this) so take into account this if you are going to put both the OS and the games on it.

KB_01.jpg

http://shogunbros.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/PR_02.jpg (117 kB)

RG_02.jpg

Home-Page

Review @Eteknix

Review @Techradar

Review @Examiner

Review @Kitguru

Buy from Evike.com

Pre-Order from Amazon.com

I would like to get one. Has someone seen it on sale somewhere in Australia ?

Edit:

... ordered it from here: CCL Computers @eBay ...

:)

Edited by TONSCHUH