Placebo

PC Discussion Thread II - All PC related discussion goes here.

@ ch 123:

Is there a Samsung moniter that has built-in speakers or do I need to get separate speakers? Also, I'm making a different list list of Gaming PC parts. I'll put up the list once I have finished it.

Edited by sesdelta38

hi, i have problem;

i cannot enjoy MP cause TeamSpeak frozes my PC

i have XP SP2, Asus M2NESli mainboard with onboard C-Media 6501 audio device

i can hear people on teamspeak but cannot say word

i hear myself from microphone but when i enter teamspeak options sounds from PC disappears, some applications no response and i have to use button on PC to reset PC

windows cannot reset PC

even Process Explorer which can kill process much better than windows process manager, cannot kill teamspeak.exe

i tried with my friend 5 times and every time i had to use button to reset PC

simply

enter options in teamspeak = must reset PC by hand :/

i wanna play MP and enjoy it, but i cant

i hear myself from speakers, i see yellow button when other persons talk to me

but i cannot talk to them

i have mainboard drivers, i have updated C-Media drivers, simply TS options = PC frozen

TS was reinstalled 3 times, nothing helps

@ ch 123:

Is there a Samsung moniter that has built-in speakers or do I need to get separate speakers? Also, I'm making a different list list of Gaming PC parts. I'll put up the list once I have finished it.

I wouldn't bother with integrated speakers, the sound quality is usually shit. Even a simple and reasonably compact pair of speakers like the X-230 are much better than any integrated units.

Hi guys,

how can I find out what kind of CPU fan I need? Is it only related to the CPU itself ( Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz) or do I have to look at the MB...?

The damn thing produces so much noise, its really annoying and after 2 years I got enough of that :D

And can you give me a hint which one I should buy? As quiet as possible please :)

Hi guys,

how can I find out what kind of CPU fan I need? Is it only related to the CPU itself ( Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz) or do I have to look at the MB...?

The damn thing produces so much noise, its really annoying and after 2 years I got enough of that :D

And can you give me a hint which one I should buy? As quiet as possible please :)

You have a Q6600, which is a socket 775 CPU - that means you have a socket 775 motherboard and you need to finde a CPU fan with socket 775 fittings.

There are many to choose from, but it is very important to measure how much space your CPU fan has, because some of the bigger ones out there won't fit everywhere. Especially make sure to measure the distance from the motherboard up to the case (i.e. the maximum height of the cooler).

If you're looking for an especially quiet cooler I'd recommend either Noctua or Zalman.

Hey kavoven,

I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, which works well with my CPU (An AMD Quad-Core). I believe that it comes with a bracket that converts it so that it can fit on a socket 775. It keeps my CPU nice and cool (It's currently at 39 C), and it's a little smaller than some of the top-notch coolers. A Noctua NH-U12P is a real nice cooler, but it's a big sucker. On the other hand, this Zalman fan is an example of a small, low-profile CPU cooler.

Edited by Sertorius21

I wouldn't bother with integrated speakers, the sound quality is usually shit. Even a simple and reasonably compact pair of speakers like the X-230 are much better than any integrated units.

Looks like I now need to look for speakers. Also, did you say that I do not need to get a sound card and that it is already apart of one of the parts That I will need to get?

Yeah, sound is integrated into the motherboard.

If you need a relatively basic yet good quality set, I'd recommend the Logitech X-230

[...]

If you haven't already done this: Try Speedfan and see how fast it runs, my friend had a incredibly loud PC, for some reason his CPU fan ran at over 5000rpms, although specified for 300-2500.

No further recommendations from me, but have a look at computerbase.de reviews for example.

Hi guys, i've been running Win7 RC and ever since have had problems with my internet just stop working which means I have to restart my PC like 2-3 times an hour.

More recently, my newest game (DR not counting) Empire Total War seems to conflict with RC7 and I'm thinking about going back to Vista64. The thing I'm worried about is my ARma2 is a German digital download and how do I go about saving it with a fresh OS install? If I transfer all the Arma2 files I downloaded onto DVD, will that ensure a safe re-install as I definitely don't want to have to deal with that company again (days of waiting for key etc...)

What sort of internet problems do you have in particular? I'd be more interested in them unless you are 100% certain that Vista will make them go away.

Edited by echo1

It was strange. The day I installed Win7Rc in, my internet would just stop working -no notice, no error showing, Troubleshooting couldn't find problem, the little icon in taskbar would say 'connected' -but it wouldn't work so I'd have to restart my PC to get it active again. Numerously and one of the reasons I don't play MP.

Anyhow, I just re-installed Vista64 and it's gone away. One point being that I didn't do a fresh install when putting Win7 in, rather I piggybacked over Vista and that maybe what caused the problem.

Empire is working again now too :)

I wonder if you did a fresh install of W7 RTM whether it would have the same issues or not...

Help! I have a dilemma. Which mouse should I buy?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-MX400-Performance-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000EU6AAU

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NIJ438/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=471057153&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000AOIP9Y&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0CS8EJG9663VFD545Q4J

The G5 is more expensive but is it worth the extra £20? I am on a tight student budget, but I use my mouse a lot for CAD and I don't want carpal tunnel/arthritis in my 20's.

My old mouse gave me terrible pain in the wrist. Anyone here own one/both of these mice?

Ergonomics are most important for me. Which one is the most comfortable and requires least movement?

I read the MX400 forces you to move it with your elbow rather than the wrist? Is this true also for the G5?

I am right handed and I would say my hands are average sized.

Do lasers have an advantage over optics in OFP and Arma, specifically when shooting pixels at long distance?

G500 is £40, that's a lot for a mouse no?

Edited by Ogryzek

You should be able to drag the taskbar down to it's original position.

I've a G5 and I'm very happy with it. But it's not for all type of hands. It's a large mouse.

Even without using the heights to calibrate it feels heavy. I've solved this problem by buying also a Razor mouse pad ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/RAZER-GOLIATHUS-CONTROL-MOUSE-PAD/dp/B001CIR1HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255891942&sr=1-1 ).

For me it's a perfect combination.

And yes a Laser mouse is better than optical (slightly better).

If you want to know more about the G5 you can PM me Ogryzek.

There is honestly no point in buying the outdated G5. The G500 has a much better sensor capable of tracking good on cloth surfaces unlike the G5's 2005 sensor, and the ergonomics are improved.