Sign in to follow this  
alpha9

The Lost Brothers Mod

great job!

Im an MK3 gunner in the 74th Battalion

i must say the MK3 turrent is amazing!

the detailes are amazing! very close to real life!

belive me guys, the MK3 has the best fire-control system in the world (even better then the mk4 :D)

great job guys!

Hey fellas, I was just curious about something...after LOBO releases officially for ArmA 2, I was wondering if there will be a chance at all in the future to have it where we can change the markings on like the Merkava?

(i.e. http://www.tsahal-miniature.com/marquage.html Note: page is in french unfortunately. Thankfully Chrome has a built-in translation function. :p)

That sounds like a cool idea if you could set your tank to be, say 1× and another 1ב by using some kind of a scripting command to change the texture of that specific part of the tank.

Yeah was thinking the same thing. Reminded me of that one M1A1 from AA1 (and 2?) where we were able to change markings on the tank so each tank could have its own graphics. Plus doesn't the BWMod team have such capabilities for their vehicles as well as their infantry? I know the AAW team did some really cool things with their infantry, not sure if they are planning anything similar with vehicles--perhaps one of these teams could give some pointers on how to go about with the markings?

To the LOBO team: I realize it's always easy to be at my end suggesting things, and another actually having to deal with the migraine of actually trying to do it, so take my question/suggestion(s) with a grain of salt, as I'm just curious and not really trying to overwhelm the team with endless work....although I could always be persuaded to get my whip.... ;) :P

It should be relatively simple. Just a matter of setting up hiddenselections. I don't know anything specific about that area of addon making, but the BWMod, RHS, & maybe a few others are the right people to ask. If you ever find out, make sure you send the info my way, I could use it for a project I work on when I have time. :)

i dont know about marking system , i only hope i can finnish putting the new stuff in game :(

anyway the new MK4 is here , it's still wip (if i ever forget to post it's still WIP then it's :( )

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/MK41.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/MK42.jpg

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/MK43.jpg

next should be the namer mk2

I am looking forward to this, I've lately gotten into the IDF and looked up their stuff. Great stuff them boys got.

Very nice! I was browsing Jake's work--lots of good-quality goodies for the IDF to play with. :D

I finally got off my ass and I'm rapidly finishing up the Hezbollah and IDF infantry packs working out the last of the bugs on the infantry and their weapons. The pack will be small however and will be have seperate infantry, armor, and air packs.

Hezbollah screenshot:

LoBo_ArmA2_Hezbollah1.jpg

Edited by Miles Teg

Models look nice!

Do you intent to make the models support Operation Arrowhead (proper thermal vision and the likes)?

Yes we will support OA, however the problem is that none us have OA yet. lol

I should have it soon though as will Adrei. I'm not sure if Namman2 will get it though.

:( I hope he does.

Oh by the way, we are still in URGENT need of help from other addon makers, scripters, texture artists, etc...

Mainly we need people who are good at converting stuff from OFP and ArmA over to ArmA II.

We also desperately need someone to reskin the BI apache and blackhawk helicopters into IAF and Egyptian textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

When it comes to reskins you can always talk to Rodex, he seems to enjoy doing those kinds of things.

When it comes to everything else, though, I'm afraid I don't know anyone who knows how to do those kinds of things. I mean, I can do some basic scripting that I need for missions, but never actually touched an addon.

great job Miles Teg and lobo team and are we going to see the new Iraq army released soon?

Yup, the Iraqi Army guys are almost done. The final bugs are being worked out on those. It will include a Domination as well using them, probably on either the Sands map or the Isla Duala map. By the way here are some screen shots of our Sayeret MATKAL commandos (IDF). The first guy has a SPAS-12 shotgun by the way, and in one pic their is a D-9 armored bulldozer partly seen in the background.

OH...and on that Remington 870 shotgun, the slide actually racks each time you fire which is pretty cool. Took me 5 hours yesterday to get that damn thing to work right. Thanks to WLD427 for helping me on that.

LoBo_ArmA2_Matkal1.jpg

LoBo_ArmA2_Matkal2.jpg

LoBo_ArmA2_Matkal3.jpg

LoBo_ArmA2_Matkal4.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Looks good. Might even try approaching Aeneas as well for texture-related needs too, maybe?

great to here, wow what can i say keep it up guys. @Miles Teg when you release the pack do you know what stuff you will include yet?

Edited by esco7800

great to here, wow what can i say keep it up guys. @Miles Teg when you release the pack do you know what stuff you will include yet?

Nope, nothing is set in stone right now. It's basically whatever I can convert with a minimal of bugs within a short time period of me and other members of the team getting Operation Arrowhead. Most likely it will be OA compatible only because alot of our weapons have flashlights and laser pointers on them which we'll need to add to actually make them working. Likewise many of the vehicles use thermal imagers and the enemy will need those IR textures.

However, fear not, our Iraq mod section (run by Andrei) will be made to be compatible with the original ArmA II. Likewise when I get around to doing the historic pack, they will not use any of the OA stuff. I was really happy with our mod's historic pack in ArmA1 but sadly by the time I released it, ArmA II had just come out so nobody really played with that pack which kinda suck as I put massive effort into that pack. So for sure it will see the light of day in ArmA II once again.

Inshallah

Anyways...for anyone just reading this post, there are a bunch of new pics on the page before this one if you haven't seen them already.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As well as the Iraq guys (Which I assume will be under OpFor unless they are modern and not Saddam era?) will you be including some Hamas terrorists for us to fight?

ok thanks for the quick response keep up the great work.

As well as the Iraq guys (Which I assume will be under OpFor unless they are modern and not Saddam era?) will you be including some Hamas terrorists for us to fight?

Yes, the Iraqi Army mod section is Saddam era stuff. As for Hamas, they are on the to-do list of infantry to convert. I converted Hezbollah first as those models were cooler looking and in real-life, they are a much tougher opponent for the IDF. But eventually we will have Hamas units as well so as to simulate Gaza operations from the perspective of both sides.

Oh by the way, our old website is back up and updated. It had gotten hacked before and the whole time I thought my brother had just stopped paying for the FTP...but apparently he just never got it back up until now. Fortunately, I had backed up all the files so now it's all good to go.

It is at this URL:

http://www.thelostbrothers.com/