Sign in to follow this  
alpha9

The Lost Brothers Mod

well...

yeah i know ... but we have to use what we got but dont worry i'll work on the mk2 (unless it's also unused)

and is the color correct ? on the namer i mean because i'm going to use it on most of the tanks and cars

also on the mk2 i know i saw some pictures of the merkava MK2D in service but it could be just a prototype but still it looks cool (just dont get in my place :P)

Edited by namman2

I'm israeli SF member and i want to tell you:

*a belt is green or black in some SF

*i have tactical glasses as every other SF soldier. they are not always used because they don't give dust protection. belive me,every SF gear US SF have,we also have, you don't see it because the only photos you see are from training drills

*ALMOST ALL IDF VEHICLES ARE THE SAME COLOR!!! BROWN WITH GREEN SHADE!!! IT LOOKS TEN BECAUSE OF SAND,DUST!!!

Good to see you back Hayal. I hope you get back into addon making!

Like Namman2 said, we will try to turn the prototype Namer you see in the picture into the current Namer which has angular sides. If so, we'll have what's probably the most heavily armored APC in the world in ArmA2.

:)

Oh also, the older model Merkava Mk1's and Mk2's we will have mainly for historic missions.

Now we just gotta figure out how to simulate a "trophy" or "Iron-Fist" system. Someone simulated an Arena system in OFP... I'm wondering if those old scripts would work in ArmA. Hmm....

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Yeah, very few use black belts, but never brown AFAIK. In any case, standard is green.

SF might have just about anything they need, but regular soldiers definitely don't have tactical glasses, just goggles. Of course if it's a gear item such as in ACE rather than a part of the character model, then this is a non-issue.

Good to here about changing the namer :) Easily by favourite tracked IFV.

really coming along well guys :) cant wait to get my hands on this one!

well...

yeah i know ... but we have to use what we got but dont worry i'll work on the mk2 (unless it's also unused)

and is the color correct ? on the namer i mean because i'm going to use it on most of the tanks and cars

also on the mk2 i know i saw some pictures of the merkava MK2D in service but it could be just a prototype but still it looks cool (just dont get in my place :P)

You are definitly mistaken abour merkava2! all merkava2 use 4 generation armor,is called merkava 2D.Daled(in hebrew)=D=4! Regular merkava2 are almost not in use. IDF tanks corps are mostly based on merkava3baz and merkava4.

Thaks,miles teg. I have a very good looking israli soldiers in progress and i also wanna make a new weapon pack based on weapons IDF realy use.

You are definitly mistaken abour merkava2! all merkava2 use 4 generation armor,is called merkava 2D.Daled(in hebrew)=D=4! Regular merkava2 are almost not in use. IDF tanks corps are mostly based on merkava3baz and merkava4.

Thaks,miles teg. I have a very good looking israli soldiers in progress and i also wanna make a new weapon pack based on weapons IDF realy use.

ohh please stop if you dont know dont bד...

the idf uses the mk2 שמג the d armor is modlur so it can be added and removed.

the idf armor core uses mk2 /3 and 4.

ohh please stop if you dont know dont bד...

the idf uses the mk2 שמג the d armor is modlur so it can be added and removed.

the idf armor core uses mk2 /3 and 4.

maybe you didn't understand me. i didn't tell that mk2 is not used at all. d armor is modular and it's right, but did you see any mk2 that were not up-armored in oferet yatzuka? no.the main force is based on mk3/4 and not on mk2. i don't think there is a need to make old and not modern vehicles or gear for playing.

Cheers for the update fella, looking very promising so far.

Wow, everything is looking great so far. I'm really, really looking forward to this project.

OT: Miles, Uzi mentioned something about me contacting you about some things, but haven't had a chance to lately as some really major and unexpected things recently popped up for me in RL. So I've been trying to deal/handle everything on my own. Hopefully when things improve for me and I get a chance, I'll get in touch. :)

nice job namman2, looks like a few smoothing issues on the front of the hull, but nice attention to detail.

I can't wait for you guys to model the Mk.4!

Awesome progress, love it so far :)

Some really good work!

The Israeli military seems to evolve so quickly that it would probably be an unrealistic goal to make a mod that simulates things as they are to this very day.

I think most users would be happy just to have recognized vehicles, uniforms and weaponry.

*eyes tearing up* Sooooo beautiful! <quickly hops in and drives away> :p

No but seriously, that looks super nice already. Every time you post those pictures, we keep seeing the quality factor shooting up--and that makes me all the more excited. I've been messing around on BF2: Project Reality in single player playing as the IDF in anticipation for getting to play as צה"ל. Todah for keeping us up to date with the progression of the mod, Namman! Much appreciated. :)