Sign in to follow this  
marcomio

Texview 1 trouble with Vista (32bit)

Hopefully, anyone can give me a hint to get it working:

When starting texview 1 and try to open a directory with textures, I get following error-msg:

"texView MFC Application funktioniert nicht / Ein Problem hat die richtige Ausführung dieses Programms verhindert. Schließen Sie das Programm."

in english (I hope it is understandable, sorry):

"texView MFC Application error / a problem occured and prevents the correct function of the program. Please shut down the program"

I put the single ijl15.dll file into windows/system32 directory, but that don't helped. It was an upgrade of XP, no clean install. I don't like to delete the big ammount of files already in work for my retexturing project! So, if anyone knows a solution, I would be happy to get a info.

Thanks for reading and rgds

marcomio :)

Hello Marcomio,

I can't help with texview.But may I suggest trying

Paatool if you haven't already.

:)

I would suggest PaN tool as its lets you view textures, although you can't micro control output.

STGN

Yes, paatool is a good choice IMO. Did you try texview 2 also ?

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

@All:

Hey mates,

thanks for exceptionally fast reply!! First thing I like to try, is the texview 2, but I absolutely don't know the necessary settings (kind of compression etc. etc.). I tried it only once and couldn't see the pac file in wrp, so I went back to texview 1 for ofp. Reason:

It is simple to use with autogenerated mipmaps as default setting.

I need to convert downsized tga's into pac-files, because of the old wrp tool problem about handling big sized texture packs as mine ( app. 500 MB in 2048 res). Therefore, I like to use placeholders in 256x256 with the same name and the same fileformat(!), which wrptool might be able to handle. (Thanks for this tip to -Martin-).

@ProfTournesol:

It would be nice, if you could give me the exact settings of texview 2 to get ofp-usable pac-files! :)

Thanks again to All for support,

marcomio

If you have photoshop you should get Kegetys plugin can make the textures like you want them with out using a second program.

STGN

@ProfTournesol:

It would be nice, if you could give me the exact settings of texview 2 to get ofp-usable pac-files! :)

Thanks again to All for support,

marcomio

Well, i only used TW2 for paa files and now that you mention this, i remember i add troubles with it in O2 and reverted back to paatool, which gives very nice results (particularly in paa files). In paatool I only use the two first options after autodetect, the first one for pac, the other with the alpha channel for paa.

Hi, Everybody!

After several systemrepairs and then only using the right mouse button "open file with....", I am again able to work with texview 1. Problems might depend on the upgrade from XP to Vista and keeping alot of old files, some only worked in compability mode. Anyway, I can resume work on my textures now, so for me it is done, even it don't work 100 percent correct.

Tks again to you All for kind support.

Edited by marcomio
doublename

Glad to hear you've sorted yourself out.

You may already be aware of this,but I'll say it anyway.

Tools like Paatool and Keg's Paaplug generate better quality

textures,than Texview.They will also generate mipmaps,

and allow you to filter them,if you wish.The difference is

quite noticable in my opinion,and I know I'm not alone in

thinking so.

If you want to give them(Paatool/Paaplug)a try then there's

definitely information available here via search.Failing that,feel

free to pm me,and I'll do my best to assist.

:)

I remember someone mentionning some problems with some the paa created with the paaplug.

While paatool is nearly perfect (a bit slow to process when using some of the higher quality destination format), you should prefer it over TextView as PaaTool gives you a bit more control on the options to apply on your PAA/PAC.

@ALL: Tks again for support, mates.

I will take this in consideration for my next try of textures -or - if I have time - to converte my old tga files again with this tool to get a better quality for the groundtextures.

@Macser: If there should some problems occur, I would be happy, if I can ask for your support.

So long,