Sign in to follow this  
Charlie_McSheenie

Leaving the forums

Well, with hamster, redstorm, black op and nobby gone theres no real motivation to stay at the forums, for me at least they kept the place going and made the whole place generally fun to be in. I can think back and think of all the good times we've had together with all our spam and pissing off mental pete and the mods but now since they're all gone i think the only fond memories i'll get is maybe occasionally getting a pacifist to agree with my theory that country x is right to be ethnically cleansing country y (since the offtopic forum will probably be a major political thread now), but will there be another cereal thread? no. Will mental pete ever return? no. will any more guys like wisdom show up so the forum is plunged into a massive 3 man flame war? no.

While the moderators are pretty fair with their rules, except that they have stalinized the whole place, i think that these rules will mean these fond memories will never happen again in some other form. Will the forum ever have a thread involving spam lords fighting intergalatic battles with raw sewage and suicide spamiban, with some hot sarah michelle gellar clones chucked in under the watchful eyes of placebo, sith, hilandor (and whatever mods are left), i doubt it. Even if there was i doubt there'd be many people to talk with in such a thread since those people are all now banned, and i just wouldn't feel happy with a few crazy forum people joining in.

All the flashpoint conversations have been done as well, so have all those immensly fun america vs russia vs britain vs france vs germany threads. Many members i enjoyed talking with, the mighty five, sniper, shambler, moleman, pete, L24A, noone, wisdom (aka murda inc), grimreaper...... are gone now, theres still people like nordin, kingbeast, spacealex, avon.... who are a good reason to be on the forum, but with so many of my mates gone, i feel the place will get boring quickly, and so, i can't be arsed staying, watching as the forum gets more and more like the opfn forums.

Well anyway, to wrap it up i'd just like to thank:

Black op - for being my mighty five compadre and my day of defeat partner, also good friend of course.

Hamster - again for being in mighty five, and for being my cs (cheating) compadre

Nobby - for being a great guy to talk to about football, and crazy stuff generally, and for being in mighty five and inventing some of the funniest things to grace the cereal thread

Redstorm - for being in mighty five, starting the cereal thread, being the co writer of the big USAF piss take comic, and telling me about the wild life a regular dutchman leads wink.gif  wink.gif

Stealt Eagle, nordin, damage inc - for being great blokes and spamming a lot wink.gif

Erex - for being the coolest OF developer on the forum and for making me that custom wallpaper ages ago

Pete for telling loads of stuff i didn't know about all these key issues in the world, and for being a good argument whenever we argued about stuff. And for going mental biggrin.gif that was a good time even if it did piss me off back then biggrin.gif

L24A - for making that trivia thread and being a good argument

Murda inc - for being a good competitor in the massive flame war me you and black op had (you fought well even tho against me, black op, nobby and redstorm)

And thats all i can think of really at the moment

sorry if its overly long its just redstorm said it'd be more dramatic biggrin.gif

btw - redstorm would like to say theres no hard feelings about him being banned, since he didn't get the oppertunity to say that.

and i thought you'd like to know sith - charlie mcsheenie was my other account (i suppose i'll get banned for that now smile.gif ). I suppose since i'm dishing out all the thanks i'd like to say - i shouldn't have been so graphic and horrible to the mods with that account, its just generally the mood of the time was everyone hates mods so i went along with it. (This goes for redstorm as well btw - except the charlie mcsheenie thing)

I'd also like to thank placebo for un banning me, even tho i had to kiss his ass to get un banned  smile.gif

I'd also like to point out that the old forum wasn't the home of sades like many mods would like to have you believe. 2 examples of this -

the flame war with murda inc - massive massive flame war that encapsulated a lot of the forums - we have put this behind us and all involved are good friends - the moderators had no input cos they weren't moderating at this time.

and pete going mental - we all compromised and both parties were made happy - the spam went (temporarily at least).

so i request that the mods get off their high horses and stop slagging off the old forums, since they had no real input into them (even if they did register ages ago). i feel this is fair

well, theres lots more thanks i'd like to give but i can't think of much to do now, but if i don't get banned (i probably will since my charlie mcsheenie confession will set the mods off) i'll thank anyone else who has made my time on the forum cool.

Anyway, bye everyone

Cheerio Ruskie

*KingBeast waves as the ninja spammer slips quietly into the night*

Bye bye. This forum will be without funny spammers. It'll be boring as hell. sad.gif

bye bye Ruskie

*sniff* It's almost like the academy awards.

Who will be left I wonder...and where have they gone, those mighty spammers in the mist. For months we have been allowed to watch them, to study their behaviour, their highly evolved social structure and their goodhumored nature.

Now they are hunted and shot for their shining fur, and their mantlers, which are ground and added to soup as an aphrodisiac, in many asian countries.

The WSPAM (Worldwide Society for Protection of All Mighty5) has declared them an endangered species, and if it wasn't for the preservational labor done in at Spamorum's all over the world, their kind would soon dissapear from the surface of the planet.

And once they're gone.....they can only return through cloning.

mighty5.jpg

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

They're dropping like flies !!

Oh well, Cyas rusky,  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  

We'll miss ya.

Now fuck off.

LOL  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

(damn... sarcasm never works in writing... how do you do that!wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Mar. 27 2002,02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We'll miss ya.

Now fuck off.

LOL  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

(damn... sarcasm never works in writing... how do you do that!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do u think that u're funny lol. biggrin.gif

too bad to see you go, we really had a lot of nice discussions sometimes...i also will miss the rest of the mighty 5 (i invented that name heheh)

i am slowly loosin the fun of this forum also...i liked some flamewars, as long they didnt get insultive they used to be informative...spam threads as the cereal were not too bad either and didnt reallt hurt anyone.

we will see what becomes of the forum now...

btw...would be cool if you stayed just to get 5000 posts..not so far to go hehehe..leave with style wink.gif

I think i'm gonna say the exact same thing that i said to u on MSN: *CRIES* *Cries* *cries* *cries*

032720025565627.jpg Goodbye my friend

Keep pics to less than 100kb please.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 27 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Keep pics to less than 100kb please.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. Is that really so important. wow.gif

....and so the 5000 barrier remains untouched. The mighty five warriors of spam fought nobably but were all slain by the 5000 barrier (with a little or actually alot of help from the mods biggrin.gif ) sad.gif .