Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

lol such madness over the F/A 18 :)

F/A 18 is new best!

Keep up the solid work Project RACS

What about some PRACS Weekend News?

Something about her Royal Highness or some sexy party pics? :)

Are there some infos about the political discussions on the deployment in Chernarus and Takistan?

Do the people of Sahrani, Rahmadi and Porto feel themselves unprotected against possible attacks by unknown forces?

RACS is gonna be one major project and is one of the most anticipated. In order to honour PRACS work I'm making a scenario to put these units on their "new homeland" that is close to the good ol' Sahrani. And I'm not talking about Ramadi ;)

In all the drama am I the only one that noticed this!?!? :eek:

In all the drama am I the only one that noticed this!?!? :eek:

Icebreakr remaking Sahrani methinks.

Nice news on both parts with Icbreakr and Project RACS. Keep the goods going.

Are there any working DL Links for PRACS1? I wanted to try some of the stuff out.

Are there any working DL Links for PRACS1? I wanted to try some of the stuff out.

All the Arma1 stuff is available from my website or on armaholic

All the Arma1 stuff is available from my website or on armaholic

Alrighty, I'm gonna have to get my ArmA 1 re-installed so I can check some of that out.

I agree that the only response to people getting all butthurt and crazy about the f/a-18 is to keep it to yourself. Have fun with it with your friends. Then they don't have to worry about it, and can go back to living as close to a normal life as a moral degenerate with an IQ of 80 can. It's a service to *them* not to release it.

I agree that the only response to people getting all butthurt and crazy about the f/a-18 is to keep it to yourself. Have fun with it with your friends. Then they don't have to worry about it, and can go back to living as close to a normal life as a moral degenerate with an IQ of 80 can. It's a service to *them* not to release it.

IQ ratings do not stand for automatic anti-social behavior, as in: The lower number one has, the more anti-social that person actually is..

As for not releasing the addon, I am only in favour of this move.

As for Addon-Protection, can't BIS come up with something code-wise? In the ways of a system where Addons are hack-protected and anti-reverse-engineering on permanent basis, where only BIS-tools can make trustees modify/alter addons with original author's permission given?

You see, it is either that, or having to depend on DLC instead, when new content is wished for, but also having to be paid for, and nothing being released for free anymore. Reason: Foul-mouths messing it up for all.

As for showing stuff like pictures and videostreams, perhaps it is a wise consideration to opt for radio-silence, until the file is released?

Seems like some (sadly growing minority, where anti-social behavior is becoming the norm in daily life..) cannot even correctly handle their own anticipation, and are unable to refrain from going wild and mad, after having seen a picture/video of some WIP, instantly demanding release etc.

Perhaps indeed not a friendly gesture to all those good-willing patient followers of projects like P:RACS, etc. But it may save alot of irritation/tension as direct result of that radio-silence kept.

IQ ratings do not stand for automatic anti-social behavior' date=' as in: The lower number one has, the more anti-social that person actually is..

As for not releasing the addon, I am only in favour of this move.

As for Addon-Protection, can't BIS come up with something code-wise? In the ways of a system where Addons are hack-protected and anti-reverse-engineering on permanent basis, where only BIS-tools can make trustees modify/alter addons with original author's permission given?

You see, it is either that, or having to depend on DLC instead, when new content is wished for, but also having to be paid for, and nothing being released for free anymore. Reason: Foul-mouths messing it up for all.

As for showing stuff like pictures and videostreams, perhaps it is a wise consideration to opt for radio-silence, until the file is released?

Seems like some (sadly growing minority, where anti-social behavior is becoming the norm in daily life..) cannot even correctly handle their own anticipation, and are unable to refrain from going wild and mad, after having seen a picture/video of some WIP, instantly demanding release etc.

Perhaps indeed not a friendly gesture to all those good-willing patient followers of projects like P:RACS, etc. But it may save alot of irritation/tension as direct result of that radio-silence kept.[/quote']

BIS tried this with BAF and PMC...... it was hacked within hours of release.

IQ ratings do not stand for automatic anti-social behavior' date=' as in: The lower number one has, the more anti-social that person actually is..[/quote']

Yeah, and threatening people over email to try and intimidate them into doing something is the work of an obvious genius. Don't put words in my mouth.

BIS tried this with BAF and PMC...... it was hacked within hours of release.

Right, but it didn't stop BIS from releasing BAF and PMC right?

They know people are going to attempt to steal their stuff, that's how things are. We live in an a world filled with dumbasses and there will always be tards trying to ruin good things.

Right, but it didn't stop BIS from releasing BAF and PMC right?

They know people are going to attempt to steal their stuff, that's how things are. We live in an a world filled with dumbasses and there will always be tards trying to ruin good things.

What need would that be? We've been over the same argument over and over and over again in this thread. People are just reposting what they said 10 pages ago.

IF YOU POST IT ONLINE, THERE IS A CHANCE IT WILL BE STOLEN. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE, DO NOT RELEASE IT!

If it's THAT important to you, use it with your community and don't publicly post it.

You tell devs who don't want their stuff ripped not to release them, then at the first threat that a dev might not release for exactly that reason, you try to talk him into it. Talking out of both sides of your mouth, Gossamer?

Yeah, and threatening people over email to try and intimidate them into doing something is the work of an obvious genius. Don't put words in my mouth.

You sir may have hit the nail right on its head there..

As long as you cannot be completely sure, you should expect the contradictive to the perceived obvious as possibility.

"Moral degenerate", that's good. And yes you would be doing that specific minority a favour, but what about the majority who just want to see it released so they can enjoy it for themselves? Isn't that the whole point of this community? To make something or redo something and then share it with people?

No, I'm saying if they aren't going to release, then stop posting it here.
IF YOU POST IT ONLINE, THERE IS A CHANCE IT WILL BE STOLEN. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE, DO NOT RELEASE IT!

Really? Is that really what you're saying?

Since they keep posting here, that means they are going to release.

Am I not entitled to have a different opinion?

First you need to decide what your opinion is.

Isn't that the whole point of this community? To make something or redo something and then share it with people?

Well, It's not like we decided not to release it, and then showed pictures of it. We showed pictures of it, along with all the other content that's coming, with every intention of releasing it. But after close to a year of nothing but abusive posts, emails, and PMs, Eddie just got sick and tired of all the shit, so he decided not to release.

Now please, can we get back on topic? We don't need another debate about this type of issue, especially not here.

I'll post some screenshots in the next half hour to get it back on track, if the discussion about the F/A-18 and people asking for Eddie to change his mind about the release continues, we'll have to call a moderator in.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Well, It's not like we decided not to release it, and then showed pictures of it. We showed pictures of it, along with all the other content that's coming, with every intention of releasing it. But after close to a year of nothing but abusive posts, emails, and PMs, Eddie just got sick and tired of all the shit, so he decided not to release.

Now please, can we get back on topic? We don't need another debate about this type of issue, especially not here.

I'll post some screenshots in the next half hour to get it back on track, if the discussion about the F/A-18 and people asking for Eddie to change his mind about the release continues, we'll have to call a moderator in.

Ok, Ok, I'm was just really looking forward to that F/A-18 for months, its just dissappointing knowing that I'll never get to use it and possibly not Crash's either. I'll stop now. :(

Well then, I think it would be a disgrace to indeed call-in a moderator to lock the topic, where I too would've owe that to myself to the extend of my own part in the discussion about that bird. Hence I would like to offer you people my apologies for my own part in that debate.

Lock the thread? No no no. I meant to clean up the thread, as in delete the offtopic posts. Ballistic09 has a much better PC and should be posting screenshots soon.

There I self cleaned my latest posts up.

@Darkhorse, check latest PM I sent.

Ok cool all solved (sorry guys). Hey can I just clarify, what are we allowed to post on this thread because we were talking about the PRACS F-18 (mostly), and this thread is about the PRACS WIP. So... I thought we could post about PRACS related stuff, or not? Just clarifying.