Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Some cool looking units there, can't wait for some missions on sahrani with them!

Hi, my first post :icon_biggrin:.

Before I get to my post I would just like to say that PRACS on ArmA1 is great, your work is a massive improvement over the original RACS side and makes playing RACS alot more fun.

Right, your latest front page really got me thinking about RACS new capability to produce their own weapons and weapons for individual units, specifically the Automatic Rifleman.

There isn't alot of 7.62 Nato "LMG's" out there what would be a realistic weapon for RACS to use, the best one that I can think of is the HK21E (clicky), a couple of issues I see with this weapon is that its usage by other countries points to it more as a GPMG and also weapons don't appear to be your "thing" and asaik there isnt a HK21E out there you could borrow.

So that got me thinking, now RACS is producing their own weapons its likely that they would produce a "LMG" based upon their service rifle which going by the image in your last newspaper, its going to be the G3 series. The rough design in my head currently looks like a standard G3A3 fitted with a G3/SG1 style stock and Bipod , 40 Round Magazine, the front furniture removed and replaced with either shorter furniture (a quick example the FN FAL 50.42) or some form of heatsink and finally an enlarged flash eliminator.

This weapon along with other little modifications to the G3 series (like the ACOG scope) will realy give RACS a unique feel and I can hardly wait for some RACS stuff to start rolling out for ARMA2.

Thanks

Rich

Edited by Rich_482

We never did our own weapons pack due to a partnership with vilas. This go around will be quite different. each and every addon will be completely stand alone. Each aircraft will have its own pilot included, the infantry units will have thier weapons included, as well as artillery crews having thier own gunners included. This will prevent the "required files" issues we had in arma1.

right now im equipping the mountain division infantry with Sahrani produced G3A4s with acogs, and G3A4\M203 with acogs. The DMR is the marksman rifle and M107 for the sniper. I have yet to decide on a launcher or machine gun. What i do want is to make sure all items choosen use consistant ammunitions.

At4 launcher and the M240

simples *squeck* (english will get it) :P

Checking out hkpro.com,

HKPro G3

I do like the G3A3Z as the DMR (halfway down the page, between G3A3 and G3A4). The Zielfernrohr FERO-Z24 scope made by Hensoldt/Wetzlar is old school but still great looking. It has a very interesting reticule (pointed post with bars).

I have yet to decide on a launcher or machine gun. What i do want is to make sure all items choosen use consistant ammunitions.

Go with the good old AT-4 and M-240 for regular units. It's what they used in ArmA 1, and it's probably what they'd still be equipped with now. The RPG-7 is also a viable option to equip some units with though as they'd probably have large stockpiles of both AT-4's and RPG-7's...

You may also want to consider the MG36 for some of the more "elite" units. If I am not mistaken, the Royal Guard was equipped with G36 variants...

I want to release the C130 and Mirage but right now im having an issue with it and the C130 landing. They come in rocking side to side like a drunken canadian airline pilot. if anyone has any insight as to how i can correct this problem please contact me. Its all thats left on them to release.

I want to release the C130 and Mirage but right now im having an issue with it and the C130 landing. They come in rocking side to side like a drunken canadian airline pilot. if anyone has any insight as to how i can correct this problem please contact me. Its all thats left on them to release.

You're using the same model C-130H that NZDF CRASH has been using for his C-130H addons right? If so, those C-130's also suffer from the "drunken Canadian pilot" syndrome, so I'm not sure if there is a fix for it. I think the ArmA II community would be quite happy with the C-130 in it's current state, even if it's not 100% perfect. ;)

Edited by Ballistic09

soon i hope to divide weapons pack from P85 and if RACS will require HK 21 it also will be made

so about discussion concerning G-3 in different versions, soon to appear like FALS in some versions to meet my and other and RACS needs or will be included in RACS file (depends of what will be good for us both) but what will be needs of RACS mod and what will be my free time, many things are possible concerning players wishes

also it depends of RACS mod needs

in real life i even saw that now in Pakistan war operation a lot of G3 with wood is in use

i will do such wooden G3 too and implement in my pack, if RACS will need it, also get it

maybe some Pakistani look (kevlar helmet without cover, chestrig, tri-colour US vest, six-colour trousers, t-shirt)

Edited by vilas

And one more thing about NZDF CRASH's C130 - when using autolanding AI crashes into the sea before the airstrip, but all other airplanes land normally.

And one more thing about NZDF CRASH's C130 - when using autolanding AI crashes into the sea before the airstrip, but all other airplanes land normally.

yeah we already fixed that issue.... the only one left is the rocking back and forth.

That looks awesome.

:yay:

Does it use the AA2 super shader yet?

Edited by Lennard

"105 howit. " WOW any chance on that bofors from A1 is that coming to A2

what will be camo version of Leo ?

cause i always agree when something do not interfere neither with my nor P85 units

in P85 pack there are versions in CARC and olive drab , but doubling the same is against first agreement , or there are visible difference to differ P85 an RACS vehicles ?

more closer screen please to see how it is painted :)

RSAF FTW! :P

Great news, can't wait to carry out some patrols over Chernarus and help out the cause!

ran into a funny issue last night doing some server testing.....

turns out the solid green paint job was much much easier to spot than the original RACS colors!

arma22009-10-2409-08-40-57.jpg

we are going back to the original colors.... simply cause they work better :)

i call this the Sharani Universal pattern :)

troop2.jpg

troop1.jpg