Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Yeah Eddie. Don't bother with them, April Fools is coming soon and we will release BMP2, T72 and T90 in USMC camos :)

Ummmm hells yeah that sounds sweet actually. :D

Anyone know when Crashes awesome F/A-18 will come out? Call me anything you like for asking this, but I honestly think I am looking forward to it more than anything else in the virtual world. If anyone even had an approximate timeline as a release for that update, it would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks. :)

in the arma / arma 2 world a good release time line too keep in mind would be , when its done, you will know.

ps. welcome to the forums

Don't see any strange in the large amount of different units on the RACS side. Personally I preferred to arm them with american armor but french aircrafts.

Anyone know when Crashes awesome F/A-18 will come out? Call me anything you like for asking this, but I honestly think I am looking forward to it more than anything else in the virtual world. If anyone even had an approximate timeline as a release for that update, it would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks. :)

For one the F-18 Super Hornet does not belong to crash. He has F version 2 seater, i have E, single seat. The aircraft originally belongs to Franze and its starting to piss me off that no one is giving him credit for the original model.

Ill finish it when im ready. To be honest... its ready for release now. Only specific TFL testers and trusted friends have it right now. Im not exactly sure if it will ever get released. I have recieved DEATH THREATS over that stupid thing. On top of that i recieved an extreme number of PMs saying that it needs to be released so others can rip it apart and make marine versions..... well guess what.... the marines don't even fly the version i have.

So why should i bother releasing it for PRACS...... or at all for that matter.

@spooky lynx The primary aircraft of the RACS is the Mirage III and F-16. I think that fits very well along the lines of the story. Also included is the M60A3 and M1A1 with the Leopards. Therfore the mission maker can choose what he wants the RACS to be. Thats the beauty of all the stuff i made. Each mission can be tailored with the exact units you want to whatever time frame you want. Eventually i will have WWI and WWII colonial troops to compliment what vilas and others are working on now.

@all and honestly if thats not good enough..... tough bannanas :yay: :yay:

:D

That's the whole idea, the user can create an army to fit his own idea of how the RACS should be armed.

@SGT M - Crash's F/A-18 along with ours is Franze's model converted to A2 and tailored to fit the mods, the difference is the one you asked about is the ANZAC mod version, not ours, so please ask in the ANZAC thread. I can however tell you right now you wont get a release date from PRACS, ANZAC, or FDF. (FDF has their own custom built model) Well, I can also tell you there will not be a USMC or USN hornet from PRACS, and probably not from ANZAC.

@All - We've been bug testing the weapons in MP the last few days. So far a few bugs have been found and eradicated, but very few. :)

*Edit*

*Eddie ninja'd me again. Damnit. :D*

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Kudos guys, can't wait to put these units to good use in regular squadnights!

Eventually i will have WWI and WWII colonial troops to compliment what vilas and others are working on now.

wait wut? sahrani ww2 troops? :eek:

Calling all TFL members. We are now entering one of the final stages of testing. In other words, get your butts on the forum, report all the bugs you find, and with luck we can all get a few MP sessions together.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Thats good to hear about Project RACS, cant wait to give it an go. Thought that the F-18s where in the works by this mod an some other people. Iv try to get some people to bring it in to ArmA 2/OA but was told by this mod team and some others that its being in the works and will be release in time so there is no need to have others work on it. Now im hearing that it will maybe never get release? I know its Franze addon so hope that somebody that would like to release it will get that green light, if not by this mod or others with the already green light. If this is so please help if some one comes to you about working on the F-18s.

Yeah I know that it is Franzes model and I give him every credit I can possibly give for his awesome series of F/A-18's, and also I would have posted this on the ANZAC thread but it has been "closed by request". I know I'm probably sounding like some loser spamming innocent modders about their addons, but this F/A-18... I don't know the F/A-18 has always held something special for me, so yeah, flame me, do whatever you want but I just thought I'd ask, sorry. :(

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Thanks for the welcome. :)

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

For one the F-18 Super Hornet does not belong to crash. He has F version 2 seater, i have E, single seat. The aircraft originally belongs to Franze and its starting to piss me off that no one is giving him credit for the original model.

Ill finish it when im ready. To be honest... its ready for release now. Only specific TFL testers and trusted friends have it right now. Im not exactly sure if it will ever get released. I have recieved DEATH THREATS over that stupid thing. On top of that i recieved an extreme number of PMs saying that it needs to be released so others can rip it apart and make marine versions..... well guess what.... the marines don't even fly the version i have.

So why should i bother releasing it for PRACS...... or at all for that matter.

@spooky lynx The primary aircraft of the RACS is the Mirage III and F-16. I think that fits very well along the lines of the story. Also included is the M60A3 and M1A1 with the Leopards. Therfore the mission maker can choose what he wants the RACS to be. Thats the beauty of all the stuff i made. Each mission can be tailored with the exact units you want to whatever time frame you want. Eventually i will have WWI and WWII colonial troops to compliment what vilas and others are working on now.

@all and honestly if thats not good enough..... tough bannanas :yay: :yay:

Yeah wld, I'm sorry if I come off as disrespectful to you and your fellow modders, I'm am fully aware of Franze being the original maker of these models, and for that I am undyingly grateful to him. I am also aware of the US Marine Corps not flying the one you have. Also DEATH THREATS, really? Wow for that I feel really sorry. I'm only asking because I am smack in the middle of the Christchurch Earthquake, and my school has been closed down indefinitely, and although I am in the middle of setting up correspondence so I can stay ahead of my grades, there really is nothing to do. I'm running out of inspiration to make missions with, and I can't really run the campaigns very well until I get a better CPU. The F/A-18, no matter who releases it and what variant it is, would provide so much inspiration and joy for me its hard to compare something to.

Thats good to hear about Project RACS, cant wait to give it an go. Thought that the F-18s where in the works by this mod an some other people. Iv try to get some people to bring it in to ArmA 2/OA but was told by this mod team and some others that its being in the works and will be release in time so there is no need to have others work on it. Now im hearing that it will maybe never get release? I know its Franze addon so hope that somebody that would like to release it will get that green light, if not by this mod or others with the already green light. If this is so please help if some one comes to you about working on the F-18s.

Well the issue has become that the addon has garnered an almost fanatical following. I already know no matter what license i release it with, it will undoubtedly be hacked and reskinned. Precicesly my reason for not letting it go. I challenged the guy who made the death threats to come to my door. Obviously he is too much of a coward.

I hate to start another one of the IP rights arguments here but it is precisely the reason i wont release it. Like i said i already know its going to be hacked and there will be nothing i can do about it.

Well the issue has become that the addon has garnered an almost fanatical following. I already know no matter what license i release it with, it will undoubtedly be hacked and reskinned. Precicesly my reason for not letting it go. I challenged the guy who made the death threats to come to my door. Obviously he is too much of a coward.

I hate to start another one of the IP rights arguments here but it is precisely the reason i wont release it. Like i said i already know its going to be hacked and there will be nothing i can do about it.

I see what you saying on your work with the FA-18 that you would like to keep it as your own and no other is to touch, i can respect that. Dont let that kind of stuff get to you, if all moders thought that way there would be no addons. You have your rights to what you have done as all addon makers have. Just dont let that get in your way of releasing your good work to the community that loves and enjoys addon makers work. My question is that since you my not release this FA-18 is that if some one is to pick up the model from Franze and get the green light there will be no talk about there is already one being made.

Back on topic keep the good work up with the Project RACS.

We wouldn't interfere if somebody else got permission from Franze and converted it themselves. Why would we?

I see what you saying on your work with the FA-18 that you would like to keep it as your own and no other is to touch, i can respect that. Dont let that kind of stuff get to you, if all moders thought that way there would be no addons. You have your rights to what you have done as all addon makers have. Just dont let that get in your way of releasing your good work to the community that loves and enjoys addon makers work. My question is that since you my not release this FA-18 is that if some one is to pick up the model from Franze and get the green light there will be no talk about there is already one being made.

Back on topic keep the good work up with the Project RACS.

Absolutely not. If someone wants to feel how bad it sucks to have your stuff ripped apart and spread all over the forums then by all means go for it...

Action, Reaction, Consequence.. The answer is yours [insert any addonmaker/mod-team here]

Release that bird, and you'll unwantedly yet instantly rewards those cunts receiving the addon, signalling to them, (according to themselves) job well done... I'd say behave nice, or get none of it at all..

All complaints should be duly redirected to those threatening cunts, as these are the source of these problems all acting like a sore thumb.

We wouldn't interfere if somebody else got permission from Franze and converted it themselves. Why would we?

Thats the answer to my question. I was asking cause befor i was in talks about the FA-18s but Project RACS and some others was saying that there was one in the makings and there was no need for another.

@wld427

Im asking that if someone is to pick up this FA-18s of Franze and put it into works with Franze green light. If thats the way you feel about releasing addons to this community thats your right, Darkhorse answer my question.

If your asking if wld would give his version of the F/A-18 to somebody else to work on, i don't think so.

giving someone my files would defiantley defeat the purpose of me not releasing my file don't ya think :)

Absolutely not. If someone wants to feel how bad it sucks to have your stuff ripped apart and spread all over the forums then by all means go for it...

I get where you're coming from, but I too think that it would be pointless putting in all of your hard work and all those hours you have clearly sacrificed to make the masterpiece that is PRACS, only to hold it back from the community because someone will rip it off. In my opinion if someone ripped off the F/A-18 for example and didn't give you and Franze the credit you rightfully deserved, I wouldn't download it. The fact is no-one wants to download a mod that has essentially been pirated from another respected modder. If they want to retexture it for themselves, go ahead, but using it to get attention, thats just wrong. Anyway back to topic, creating a gargantuan masterpiece only to hide it from the world is unfair to everyone who has been supporting you and assisting you the whole way. Come on man. :)

Lol not asking wld427 for his work on the FA-18s, its getting an little twisted here. As i said in last post i was asking about the FA-18s cause there was an topic about maybe doing some work on the FA-18s of Franze a while ago to be import to ArmA 2/OA. But also Project RACS has said in that post that there is no need as there is one being worked on by them. As iv read here that it will probably not be release, so just seeing where it stands befor anything is done in work.

Lets get back on topic. Already starting to see some people get off topic about stealing and so on...

Edited by 1in1class

Ah ok. Well, I didn't say there was no need, I just replied with the 3 mods that were currently working on an F-18 when somebody requested them in the Addon Request Thread, and i've done that a few more times because people cant seem to use the search function anymore :p

@SGT M - The sad sad fact is that alot of players these days don't care about the origin of the addon, they just want the addon, they want it now, and they want it with 0 bugs.

The others that aren't like the ones I just described generally don't care, they don't pester/threaten/etc. the addonmaker to release or anything, but they don't care about IP/who the author is/if it's ripped or not. It's just another addon to them. If the addon gets pulled by the hosting sites after it's been released however, then these people get pissed, and accuse the original addon maker, who reported his stolen work to these sites, of ruining the community. The PRACS F/A-18 is not going to see a public release, and that's that. ANZAC or FDF are the people to ask now. Just send NZDFCrash a PM.

People simply don't realize what modders are dealing here with. Wld427 is helping numerous projects (including mine), coordinating his betateam, working hard on *all* units while dealing with RL and probably sacrificing a lot... he's not some kiddie punk but an adult. Many modders in A2 are well over 30,40... with a lot of RL duties.

To give you example of a single airplane - I got it for my project in a perfect working condition as a kind donation. But I spent almost whole week tweaking it, dealing with small annoyances, making new textures and configs that wouldn't interfere with other addons. ONE WEEK and I'm not even a creator of that addon, that means someone put week and months in it before me. Now multiply that with all the units in the work...

Guys, better:

a) start appreciating hard work that you eventually get to play for free

b) STFU & GTFO.

RACS is gonna be one major project and is one of the most anticipated. In order to honour PRACS work I'm making a scenario to put these units on their "new homeland" that is close to the good ol' Sahrani. And I'm not talking about Ramadi ;)

lol such madness over the F/A 18 :)