Are the PRACS going to have a Death Star in the first release as well :D

That'd be bad ass.

ROFL!!!!!

Nice, very nice Eddie

"British accent enabled"

You may fire when ready!!!

"British accent disabled"

I hope to see new toys from you soon

Noone is gonna tell me I cant use the default OpFor that came with the game. Thats just silly.

For those that are blocked, its the Slayer song. Sorry about that! I will host it myself for those that still would like to see it.

Thanks for the mirror, and by the way nice teaser, I liked the aerial scenes!Plus it's nice to see the RACS in motion!

Eddie nice move... I have only one question, can you please make it in USMC skin, too? Oktnxbye.

Edited by IceBreakr

Amazing. I checked out the Russian site and...

In the comments they accuse us of using things like the M60 without permission, and they insulted the camo on the troops. Not to mention calling a jihad on us, and refering to it as a "fashion" mod.

I must admit, I'm dissapointed. Whatever happened to them sicking the KGB on people? Or using hackers against us *cough*Estonia*cough* or even just creating a good old fashioned video of the A1 PRACS getting nuked?

It seems the Russian bear is stuffed. ;)

Seriously though, does anybody know why they have a problem with PRACS? AFAIK we havent had any run-ins with sarmat, and that video is just to show off our content. Its also WIP, which h is why the T90 went down with one M60 shot.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Well, read through all those comments... Couldn't find anything about the M60, but the header in the news 'fashion mod' is a heavy thing :)

It's nothing new for me to find harsh critics on that site; experienced it myself. When news of my retexture pack of the mdoern polish army appeared there, maybe just one or two comments referred to the actual addon, it's execution, playability, fun factor or visual aspects. Rest of it all was politically flavoured jokes and bullshit about the polish army, USA-hate and sick comments on the presidential plane crash... Can't say though it shocked me, or even made nervous...

It's just a game; no reason to call jihad on anyone...

Well, seems people need to understand this fundamental issue - it's a game - and get a life...

Frankly, I don't like the idea behind PRACS too (sorry, just being honest). Was not attracted at all by Sahrani, it's struggle, politics, army or whatever in A1, and did not care... too fictional and unbelievable - just like the ridicolous amount of different kinds of hardware you guys are giving this banana republic (I feel sorry for their logistics, really, must have a hard time keeping all this circus running)

But:

1. I respect the work put into the mod; even if most of the critics aims at you for doing 'just retextures' I know that even 'just a retexture' takes time and skill to be done

2. It's just a work of fiction; it does not have to be beliavable at all - your mod, your rules

3. It's solely my opinion that noone cares about - and good so. If i'm not interrested I don't download or comment... Easy as that...

Seems that you have an adequate quote in your sig after all Darkhorse...

Keep up whatever you're doin' or plan to

This hobby is for fun; so have the most of it

Regards

T.

Seriously though, does anybody know why they have a problem with PRACS? AFAIK we havent had any run-ins with sarmat, and that video is just to show off our content. Its also WIP, which h is why the T90 went down with one M60 shot.

The site is Sarmat's but AFAIK the negative comments there are just from the users of the site, not the actual team. From the comments the following reasons for the outbursts can be summarised:

1) Negative stereotyping of russians as bad guys. The Takistani would do much better as OPFOR, RACS could very well be fighting along side russians.

2) Most find ridiculous the extremely overwhelming and unreal arsenal possessed by RACS.

3) No actual release after many many years, many screenshots tho.

4) Many in the russian community are model-centric, thus expect a true mod to bring new models in.

These are NOT my own opinions. I just say what I have read.

...just like the ridicolous amount of different kinds of hardware you guys are giving this banana republic (I feel sorry for their logistics, really, must have a hard time keeping all this circus running)

In my view it's not a necessarily bad idea, these lot of stuffs are present only in one package so you can have many different interpretation for the RACS (provided you're interested in them of course), you can set them as the original way, a small, inexperienced, low-budget army equipped only with M60 or Leo1 tanks, M113s and some Cougar choppers, up to being a reflect of the army of an oil rich nation, having a considerable expeditionary capacity with M1A1s or Leo2s, F-15 fighters and dedicated attack choppers. You don't have to use them all together, but you have a nice set of options to choose from.

As Banderas pointed out:

you can have many different interpretation for the RACS

This was infact the idea with some of the unit selections. Its the MISSION MAKERS responsibility on interpretation of how RACS should look. Some guys like seeing them with more US weapons, some dont. I personally like seeing PRACS with the M60 tank but thats just me

Just keep this in mind before you blow our house down.

I will ofcourse take all this into account on my next teaser as well. I was more concerned with just showing off the addons and I wasnt really trying to be that critical when I did the last Teasers but now I know better. :D

Edited by JimSolo

1) Negative stereotyping of russians as bad guys. The Takistani would do much better as OPFOR, RACS could very well be fighting along side russians.

The russians are the only sizeable opfor foes though. The russian community should be happy that they were even featured in the game. Also I usually play as them in Multiplayer :)

Kamov + AK-107 + Metis = Win.

Also, if the russian community likes new models so much, they should come here and release some of their new tanks and aircraft. I'd love to have more russian equipment (T-80, some new AA Launchers, new jets).

I figured it out! Thats why the egyptian youth are revolting today because they too have M60 tanks serving along side M1A1, T55, T62 tanks. or maybee its cause they have mirage jets and F-16s.....:rolleyes:

This whole load of crap about logistics i have thought about. Long and hard actually. Thats why i choose to make the RACS like i am. The mission maker can have m60 tanks and mirage IIIs or he can have M1A1s and F-15s.

If you think this is not realistic i provide you with several examples of countries who have built thier armed forces in this mannor.

Greece, Turkey, Egypt, the majority of south america, India, Pakistan, Iran, UAE, the majority of the gulf states, hell even South Korea is running russian T-80 tanks along side its US M48 pattons and K1, K1A1, and now K2 tanks.

Sahrani is a fictional nation. who is anyone to say what i have or dont have is too much. So anyone who evaluates my mod as complete fallacy has thier head up thier rear end.

honestly all this banter about me going too far makes me want to go even farther..... how about RSAF B-52 or B1B.... maybee F117 or F22....

no because they dont fit in to the order of battle i have established. I am working to bring the RACS army to a point of completeness. Not jsut a bunch of thrown together stuff or mismatching stuff like the US army with AH-1s and marines with apaches.

If you russians are emotionally distressed by the use of the russians as opfor in Jim's video.... sue BIS... they made them the opfor.....The RACS is on Independant side.

In the end the choice is yours. you dont have to like my mod. You dont have to download it. All you really have to do is not disrespect me. I am sorry that i have medical issues, a family, and am attending college. The reason there have not been any releases yet is because i dont want to release anything half finished. I have done an awful lot of educating myself to make these addons better, and applying that knowledge takes time. We show lots of screenshots here because thats what people ask for. So suck it up or move on.

If you russians are emotionally distressed by the use of the russians as opfor in Jim's video.... sue BIS... they made them the opfor.....The RACS is on Independant side.

BIS never intended to have the community be devided over a mere thing like the arguement Bluefor = Good, and Redfor = Bad, and Independent = Cowards, etc!

The answer is: Mission Editor..... All options are already ingame..

Wld, never forget we're alot supporting you.

Only care about good comments and constructives critics, the rest is BS made by frustrated people. They do not deserve 1 sec of your attention/time.

I mean it, you worth better than that.

Keep it cool, the most important part is you have to have fun.

Create something you're proud releasing, no matter how long it takes, it's never been a matter of life and death. You don't owe anything to anyone here (well maybe but you see what I mean). Don't let those stupid comments piss you off or don't put useless pressure on your shoulder.

We're here to have fun and that's all. Some might forget it and I think the only answer to these jerks is : fuck them

Wish you the best, keep up the good work !

I'm looking forward to a RACS based Domination or similar style CO-OP.

You might get it in about half a year :) I'm working on something special.

I seem to remember one of those Paraiso News first pages wld427 posted a couple of months or even one year ago that said Royal Sahrani Marines Corps was doing trials with a Hovercraft.

Does anyone has a link to that image?

Also, Eddie, I passed Crash a couple of months ago a Landing Craft, a Landing Craft heavy (Balikpapan class) and a Collins class submarine (Which I'm now rigging and configging) that could make a good addition to the Royal Sahrani Navy.

Also, Eddie, I passed Crash a couple of months ago a Landing Craft, a Landing Craft heavy (Balikpapan class) and a Collins class submarine (Which I'm now rigging and configging) that could make a good addition to the Royal Sahrani Navy.

Aye, that will teach Ivan not to start messing around with P:RACS. :D

However, good idea. Hopefully Eddie finds the time to include this.:p

Btw Eddie, still holding breath but wifey starts to moan that blue doesn't fit to my face pretty well. So i'm not directly asking but wifey would like to know...when is the release date scheduled?

*ducks & runs*

@JimSolo

Thank you very much for the Upload! Great Trailer with even greater music :D

News and Mirror up on Arma2Base ;)

Edited by Commander1985

Is this mod going to require the 1.56 or 1.57 patch?

Unless you have an illegal copy, you shouldn't have to worry about which OA version it will use.

Unless you have an illegal copy, you shouldn't have to worry about which OA version it will use.

The reason im asking is that 1.56 and 1.75 are conflicting with one of my mods(i think its CAA1) and causing my game to crash.